Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breast Forms Stolen From My Luggage! Mortified and discouraged....

Breast Forms Stolen From My Luggage! Mortified and discouraged....

I bought a fairly expensive set of large (40DD) breast forms and a pocket bra from Amazon and packed them along with my complete girly kit in a suitcase. I was on a business trip and looked forward to trying my new boobs on and taking some pictures. I checked my suitcase (it was too big to carry on) and took my flight. When I got to my destination and unpacked I was shocked to see the breast forms were not in my luggage! Some TSA agent or (more likely baggage handler) had stolen them from my checked bag. I was obviously pissed off and didn't bother to get dressed up that evening.
    For some reason, aside from the loss of the forms and never having the chance to even try them on, this really took the wind out of my sails. That night in my hotel room, I deleted my Janet Facebook page, which I have had for 5 years and had over 4000 friends. I am so discouraged that I don't know if I ever want to get dressed anymore.
    "Don't trust everything you read on the internet"- Thomas Jefferson

On a recent visit, my mother-in-law had her jewelry stolen from her checked luggage. She complained to everyone involved but her words fell on deaf ears. When she got home she found the plastic bag holding her jewelry. It was still lying on the bed waiting to be packed. She learned to never check anything of value.

TSA should leave a note if they go through your bag and definitely if they confiscate something. I think silicone breast forms are permitted for wearing as well storing in your checked suitcase. I hope they were not stolen from you. Would you file a claim with the airline?

Janet,

Sorry to hear about your loss. I personally cannot stomach anyone who would steal anything. I believe thieves are the lowest. I can understand your frustration with being ripped off. I cannot understand that this issue would be a tipping point in your desire to dress. Best wishes.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Janet, sorry to hear about your experience, but don't allow some thieving lowlife stop you from being you !

Well that certainly sucked. I totally understand how you must have felt Janet, but hope you don't regret deleting your Facebook account. The forms, as expensive as they were, are a lot easier to replace than 4,000 friends.

Being the victim of such a crime involves much more than the loss of property. In this case, having something so personal stolen must feel like a much greater violation. So sorry that you've had this happen to you.
    You situation may prevent you from reporting the crime. If so, I understand, but I'd have reported the theft of several hundred dollars worth of very personal items in a heartbeat. Video surveillance would have made the ID of the perpetrator fairly simple. You may not get your property back, but the arrest and prosecution for that particular theft would provide at least some satisfaction.

It seems like some TSA Agents don't use common sense at times. I have heard they think anything in gel form could possibly be an explosive and forms fit that realm. My thinking is they should have gone right through security, after they saw what they were.

I have flown all over the Country with a razor to shave with. No problem, until I came out of Ft Lauderdale one time. The agent stopped me and slammed open my carry on and took my razor to his supervisor and they took the blade out of my razor. Said I was attempting to carry a straight razor on board. It was a razor anyone can buy over the counter.

Hope you get over this issue and continue the enjoyment of dressing.

I'm hoping you find them when you get home. As Tracy mentioned, TSA will leave a note in your bag if they opened it. So sorry that you had such a disappointment. I understand getting stuff stolen leaves one feeling very violated. All I can do is express sympathy.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Yes to be wronged in such a way is the pits, but to stop doing something that you enjoy is giving in to the scum that did this to you. I know that breasts are an intricate part of dressing but they can be replaced and thus your happiness. I know this would be "outing" yourself but make a report, maybe in some way will draw attention to the matter and stop the thief in the future knowing that they are looking for a "pervert" thief.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Janet, I hope u filed a claim with the airline? They should reimburse u for the forms and bra. Up to whatever limit they have in their program.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I carry breast forms in my checked luggage every time I fly. TSA sometimes inspects my bag, but nothing has ever gone missing. I almost always carry a backup pair in case something happens to the first pair.

Your reaction puzzles me, Janet. My reaction would be to report the theft, and then try to find some inexpensive replacements at my destination. Did you feel that maybe you didn't "deserve" them and that's why you lost them? Or perhaps that the loss was your punishment for doing something bad?

Neither is true. Crossdressing is something to be proud of. And honey, nobody deserves a nice set of breast forms more than you!
    Last edited by CynthiaD; 09-23-2017 at 12:20 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have to ask why delete your FB page over something like this that makes no sense.
    The two are not remotely connected.

TASA is supposed to leave a nite if they go throuh your bag(s). e have had this note several times on trips.

Janet,

Don't be discouraged. It was probably some silly TSA agent or a baggage handler who took them.
    Everyone who is a member here should be on the lookout for a TSA agent with 40DD breasts.
    I criticize TSA often as their method of searching for the "needle in the haystack" is to take apart the haystack and look at every straw. It always seemed to be very inefficient and unlikely to catch a terrorist. Indeed I have never read of them catching a terrorist intent on bringing down or hijacking a plane.

Just go out and buy a new set of breast forms and do as the Doc says and ask the airline for reimbursement.

Banned Read only
    Janet,
    It appears strange that a baggage handler would single out your bag and only take your forms, non CDers aren't really aware of their value. I would say they showed up on the baggage screening and were removed , I would claim for them on the basis you were carrying them for a cancer sufferer , if you don't want to out yourself.

I can understand you being annoyed and upset but why delete all your facebook friends.

Luckliy I was staying with a friend , the plan was to change at her home , I suddenly found I'd forgotten to pack my forms so like a good friend she stepped in with a spare set. It's a pity you didn't have a friend like that with you .

I did not report it, partly from embarassment and partly because I doubt they would do anything about it other than file a report. I suspect that someone is having a good laugh at my expense. As for deleting my Facebook page, I have been kind of ambivalent about Facebook lately anyway. I joined FB to make friends, hopefully to actually meet some people in real life, and if I am honest, to boost my ego by posting pics, as I do here as well. I have made a lot of online friends but these friendships for the most part feel pretty superficial. I haven't really met anyone and I guess I am getting tired of the energy it takes to get dolled up just to take pictures and hang out by myself. It just seems so pointless..
    Anyway, thank you all for letting me vent and for your kind comments, I do appreciate them!
    "Don't trust everything you read on the internet"- Thomas Jefferson

Janet -- First, I hope you consider calling, etc. to file a claim despite a day or so having passed. You can make an excuse about why they were in your bag, if that makes you more comfortable, but chances are the airline does not care why. They do not want this behavior to go forward because if they do it to you, you know other things are disappearing.

Second, don't let the bad behavior of someone who would stoop to stealing forms from someone (could have been a woman suffering from cancer and had a mastectomy) steal your life and joy. I understand the feelings of violation and the economic issue, but try to look at this with a little less emotion when you can.

Finally, remember that there are many people who feel close to you even if we have never met face-to-face. Many of us share a feeling of sisterhood that others do not understand. That is part of the reason why the social forums have had some success. If I worked for an airline or at an airport I would offer to help, but I can only offer emotional support.

Good luck.

Terri

Platinum Member
    I think you should file a claim with the airline and file a report with TSA. I realize there may be some degree of embarrassment involved. It is possible an inexperienced TSA screener may have mistaken it for some sort of contraband and just tossed it. It is also possible it is sitting at the airports office waiting for someone to claim it. TSA is suppose to leave a note indicating your luggage was opened. I fly infrequently and have had my luggage open several times. I'm assuming my can of shaving cream or bottle of hair tonic was checked. If something was checked it is possible it was video recorded at the inspection table. Nobody is going to inspect it on a moving conveyor belt.

Back in 1976 I had a coin collection stolen by United baggage handlers at JFK in NYC. I did not realize it until I opened my luggage the next day. It still grates on me.

Platinum Member
    Hi Janet, It is not likely you will ever get any satisfaction from the airline but don't let that ruin your fun of dressing.

I had a expensive camera flash attachment missing from my checked bag once and that really pissed me off
    but I replaced it and kept taking pictures......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Spammer
    I think you just give up too easily Janet.
    Its your property and they should get it back or compensate you for it at least.
    Those people don't know you so whats the big deal its not like they can out you.
    This just me personally but you are just wimping out and too scared to say anything to the authorities because you feel shame in dressing.
    To let one person affect you to the point you delete a FB page you have it makes me wonder if there isn't more to this story that you are willing to admit.

Banned Read only
    Janet,
    It is a big difference to dressing alone and going out socially to meet others. I find I don't dress as much at home at the moment because I can't live with the mad dash to cover up and change anymore. I will have to be patient and wait until I can dress as I choose in my own home. I can understand your feelings about the Facebook page now, it feels pointless when there is no one to share it with .

last time i flew I didn't have any thing removed, but they apparently went through my luggage and left a note saying they had. I think that is the norm dont know if you got such a note or not but would think if they were removed for security reasons there should be something saying so.

Someone on facebook posted a clip from an article that stated. From the years between 2003 and 2012 the number of TSA agents arrested 400 number of terrorists stopped by TSA agents 0.

Banned Spammer
    I don't trust many people and if something was stolen in my luggage you can be sure I will find out what happened.

Many years ago, I had some pro audio equipment stolen from a checked bag. Reporting it to the airline resulted in an FBI agent coming to my home to interview me about it, but the items were never recovered (both the airline and the FBI guy said there was little hope of that). But the documentation from filing the report did allow me to make a claim to my homeowner's insurance, and I was compensated for almost the full value of the stolen equipment (minus a rather small deductible). You might want to consider this depending on how you value your monetary loss versus the embarrassment of describing your forms.

- Diane