Thread: The X chromesome in sperm

Silver Member

The X chromesome in sperm

The father's sperm determines the sex of a baby. So, a question ... is there some connection between the creation of the female X one in the male's testes and a compelling need for a male to CD? Do you know of any such info or studies that might be related to this?

Seeing that we have billions of cells in our body which have a whole set of chromosomes with XY in them, and the ones that only have a Y in them that also are for reproductive use, I'd have to imagine that the few that have only an X only aren't going to be making any sort of an impact.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have mentioned this umpteen times in other threads, I have Dr friend who also lectures at the faculty of medicine at a big university hospital near me and he categorically agreed with me when I asked him that what we subsequently become is decided in the womb nothing to do with male and female chromosomes it is all down to hormonal changes within the womb as the embryo starts to develop and sometimes this development goes a bit skew and we emerge as what we subsequently become, lesbian, gay, bi trans, gender fluid and other variants.
    These are hard and fast facts medially agreed on and documented on within the medical profession.

What Bobbi said. How the hormones and other biochemicals produced by the body impact hard wiring in the brain is under study and aided by new imaging techniques such as PET (positron emission tomography) scans.
    Last edited by Laura912; 09-24-2017 at 09:08 AM.

I'm only qualified as a subject, not a doctor, BUT!

BUT No! I do not agree with any X or Y chromosome equalling a CD chromosome!

XYZCD STACY! xx
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

There is zero evidence for that.
    The closest is that homosexuality has a genetic association
    http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2008/...-be-good-women
    "Despite some tantalizing leads over the past 2 decades, researchers have yet to isolate any genes directly linked to homosexuality. Nevertheless, a number of studies have shown that male homosexuals have more gay male relatives on their maternal lines than on their paternal lines, leading some scientists to suggest that gay genes might be found on the X chromosome. And in 2004, a team led by evolutionary psychologist Andrea Camperio Ciani of the University of Padua in Italy reported that women related to gay men had more children than women related to heterosexual men. The differences were striking: The mothers of gay men, for example, had an average of 2.7 children, compared with 2.3 children for the mothers of heterosexual men. A similar trend held for maternal aunts."
    Hugs, Ellen

As others have mentioned there doesn't seem to be a direct genetic link to transgenderism. At present the most accepted theory is that it involves hormones during gestation. Some experiments have shown that artificially subjecting some kinds of fish to "incorrect" hormones at a particular phase during development can produce a genetically male / behaviorally female fish. It's a little interesting that it's not a dead certainty -- the chance that the fish will be affected is small which could help explain why transgenderism is so rare in humans if the mechanisms are the same. So they can't yet rule out a genetic contribution (since the fish that are affected may have a genetic trait that make them susceptible,) but if it's there, it seems to enable the outcome, not cause it. I'm not aware of any studies on higher animals but there may be some.

("I'm not aware of..." makes it sound like I'm some kind of expert who would be aware of any such thing, and I don't mean it to sound that way. I'm just a person who likes to read and do recreational research and this is a topic I care about.)
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

In my view there are four separate non binary aspects to gender:
    1) inherent gender, the gender in our hearts
    2) gender presentation - how we appear
    3) biology - chromosomes & external bits
    4) sexual orientation - straight, gay, bi, non, whatev

Each of us can be at a different place on each scale. Who knows why. It's more than genetics I think. Hormones in the womb may be a factor as bobbi suggests.

I'm not throwing shade; however, human development is a lot more complicated than that. The female phenotype is the default developmental stage in humans and likely all mammals. This process is best illustrated by mutations in the androgen receptor gene which result in a malfunctioning receptor. Individuals with an aberrant receptor or signal transduction pathway will develop as phenotypic women; however, they will be infertile. The exact nature of the establishment of gender identity remains elusive at this time. Last I checked, since the entire genome was first published, the function of about 40% of the genes still remains in unknown.
    I'm not going to bore you with the details; it is very likely there is a genetic cause for crossdressing. For me that doesn't matter. I accept who I am as does my wife and that my friends is good enough for me.
    Last edited by Joanne108; 09-24-2017 at 10:24 AM.

lt would seem that genetics influence the physical aspect of sex, while the hormones affect the sexual orientation, with influences in either direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona123 View Post
    It's more than genetics I think.
    Someone who 'gets it'. There's no one, single thing that causes transgendered/transsexual/crossdressing in every human that presents with it. Some will be genetic. Some will be prenatal hormone affected. Some will be behavioral. Perhaps other influences.
    But there is no way at this time to say that we're all determined by one, single, cause.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I so do have much respect for the ladies which have shared their knowledge and experience on this!

I've looked at myself in depth in the past 24hrs regarding this topic and have checked my testes,and they feel very Girly to me!

Stacy
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

"Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I read something earlier this week about "chimeric dna." I'll look for the link, but google it with "transgender" and see if that doesn't give you something interesting to read.
    Life is too short to be boring.