Thread: Possibly a helpful book for wives and SOs

Silver Member

Possibly a helpful book for wives and SOs

This book may be helpful to wives and SOs who are having trouble coming to grips with their men crossdressing.

Living with Crossdressing: Defining a New Normal (Google it)

I just read a few pages of the sample....so far, very well written, I think I have thought about writing this book...but maybe I don't have to...someone beat me to it!

Might be helpful if the description on Amazon didn't include the term 'cis-woman'. This isn't a common term used anywhere but in our little transgendered area of the world, and it would probably make those who don't know what it means, to just assume that it is some messed up version of the word 'sissy'.
    I haven't read the whole book, but I shall. Hopefully they didn't fill it with terms that people have to look up; in a similar way that an old dictum of writing scientific books that say with every equation you lose x number of readers, every time you put a term into a book that people have to look up, you lose readers as well.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 09-25-2017 at 06:45 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Thank-you Jenny.
    I will suggest this to my wife as she is interested in understanding more about what makes us tick.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

I just got it and am thoroughly enjoying it. Very well written. I plan to pass it on to my wife.
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

Thanks Jenny.
    You've been a great help to me and a source of comfort and understanding. This book appears to be another outreach to our forum. Anything helps.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.