Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caught in a traffic check !

Caught in a traffic check !

Hello everyone, I was out for a drive last night and lucky me came up on a traffic check. My first thought was to turn around and get away, but figured real quick they would come after me. I took my ladies wallet out of my purse and waited my turn. When I pulled the officer asked for my license, as I handed it to him he glanced at me then looked at my license. Hesitated and handed them back and told me to have a good evening. I said in a hushed voice "thank you", I drove away without incedent. I was so afraid he would tell me to pull over to the side and search me and my car. But nothing more said or done. Thanks for reading.
    Luv to all DyAnn

That would terrify me! You never know what kind of red neck might be behind the shield. is it okay for me to say "red neck" here? Granted most officers of the law are upstanding and honorable but some prejudices are still pretty common even this day and age. I am glad it went for you MsDyann.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Shely the police have seen it all and one more CDer isn't going to cause them to go off.LOLOL.They are trained in how to deal with TG people so don't worry.
    Some of the most tolerant people I know are rednecks.

Good thing you didn't try to flee. What exactly is a Redneck anyway? You can say it, but there are members here that consider themselves to be in that category
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Ressie,

Rednecks chug the cheapest rot-gut beer... or savor the best (illegal) moonshine.

L

I'm a redneck/hillbilly and my greatest fear is the words (have you been drinking)

Silver Member
    Well, you made the right decision. Even if the officer was not trans friendly, they probably had bigger fish to fry. Checkpoints are pretty safe if you aren't dui.

Ms Dyann, I see your point. I also know the exhilaration of being able to dress, and go out, drive around, go through the drive through (done that yet?), stop for gas (done that?), and just be myself in the real world. And I also know the heart throbbing fear (tinged with a little bit more exhilaration) of getting pulled over by the police. AND I know the extreme pleasure in being carded - and then just told to go on my merry way, as if nothing is at all wrong.
    Because, after all - nothing is wrong!
    But if what we read and hear in the news is accurate - at least SOME of the people in North Carolina are very trans unfriendly.
    Great story, and i admire you and celebrate your success.

You made the best decisions. Most officers at a check point are okay and professional.
    Part Time Girl

I've had this happen too and the worst thing you could do is panic and do a sudden u-turn or anything like that. I don't drink so I had nothing to worry about in that regard and although I did get nervous, in the end it was a major non event. True, the police may have a laugh in private at the end of the day but so what?

At least you found that our NC Highway Patrol can be quite nice.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I used the term 'red neck' around my mom one time and got blasted. She asked, "What do you got against farmers?"
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Rednecks .... Well, here's the way I feel about rednecks, considering I am one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFhZf0gMIH4

Yeah he might even be a crossdressing redneck. Might have you pull over and trade him clothes. As a tow truck driver I have worked with the police. The ones poeple say are assholes are useally the coolest guys if you do what they ask and not get stupid. I have seen many go from calm to totally raging because poeple refuse to listen and not act stupid.

Platinum Member
    You did the correct thing waiting for your turn to be checked. Turning around and trying to avoid the road check would have given the officer a reason to go further than checking to make sure your license was current and you did not smell of alcohol. One reason I never ever drink even one drink when out for a drive is the possibility of being pulled over for a burned out taillight and having alcohol on my breath. Do I really want to be asked to get out of my car and walk a straight line in heels or stocking feet? Most police officers are professional, but, frankly I have seen too many videos on television of police stops that went downhill.

Police DUI checkpoints scare me too. I always drive dressed when going out and I pray I won't have to go out of the car if stopped. So far, I was only stopped twice by the police, but never while driving, always while walking on the street at night, but still a nerve wracking experience.

what scares me is the fact that they have these "check points" inside the USA.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

redneck here or what might be considered a redneck. When you see me in drab I usually have a camo hat and a Harley T-shirt or flannel, blue jeans and boots on. Underneath is a cute pair of panties and sometimes a camisole.

If I'm in that situation, I would just follow directions and go on my way. I have been stopped (never dressed), be polite be truthful and all will go well.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    what scares me is the fact that they have these "check points" inside the USA.
    Why do you have an issue with sobriety check points?
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

They are unconstitutional for one. These checks are done without warrants and "at will" which violates ones personal rights. You do have an undeniable right to "freedom of travel" which is being violate for the sake of monetary gains by whichever organization is conducting them. Also, Who is to say they are JUST checking for DUI's? It's easy to claim they are for one thing but then have an umbrella for many many other things.

Here's an example. Let's say CDing was against the law (some states may or may not have that on the books just for the record) MsDyann comes driving through, as shes dressed. The premise is that they are checking to see if she has been drinking but wait, she's not dressed properly according to the law and is handed a citation or even taken to jail for breaking a law. Now it's not a DUI check, it's a anything they want check and yes, I have a problem with that as you should too.

Don't get me wrong, drinking and driving is a HUGE no no for me. If your caught up in that drag net good but how many people are caught in that drag net that weren't drinking at all? It's a money making scheme the same as the cop hiding in the bushes waiting to hand you a ticket for speeding. whatever makes the money for them.

Yeah I have a problem with it.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Silver Member
    In the last 6-7 years, I've been stopped or checked out by county sheriffs 4 times, always in some form of femininity. I've previously posted about them. The point is, I've been polite, so they have been, too. I thanked one for his understanding, and he smiled and said, not a problem.

Silver Member
    Joanne, So you are a constitutional lawyer and won the case before the Supreme Court. Oh they already ruled. The Supreme Court ruling that held sobriety checks were legal was decided on June 14, 1990.

"sovereign"
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

They are unconstitutional for one. These checks are done without warrants and "at will" which violates ones personal rights.
    The case was Michigan Dept. of State Police v. Sitz. The Supreme Court decided that the needs of the state to prevent drunk-driving accidents outweighed the minimal intrusion on sober drivers. Therefore, DUI checkpoints did not constitute an unreasonable search and seizure.

If you disagree with their decision and enter a checkpoint, do not speak to the police or roll down your window (unless forced to). It is easier to defend in court. Hold up a flyer similar to the one below. When asked for your drivers license, registration and / or insurance, hold these papers up to the window as well. You will be following the law. There are videos online about this as well as websites with flyers for various states.

Fair-DUI-Flyer-Wisconsin-front.jpg

Fair-DUI-Flyer-Wisconsin-back.jpg

You do have an undeniable right to "freedom of travel"
    Agree. Never surrender a right for a privilege. You have a right to travel but driving is a privilege (and needs a license). So, always travel, never drive. Make sure to exercise your right to remain in common law jurisdiction should the need arise.