Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spending habits and the pink fog

Spending habits and the pink fog

All,

I'm sure quite a few of us can relate to this. I should go out and buy some dress shirts and some trousers to wear to work (en drab), but I'm seriously thinking about a new pair of heels (or two), a new skirt, and a blouse. I've been out as Jill a few times, but normally its just hanging around the apartment or going on the occasional drive. Jill really doesn't NEED to buy clothes, she just wants to.

Jill
    "It is so easy to exist, instead of live. Unless you know there is a clock ticking."
    --Anna Quindlen, writer, journalist, columnist

Banned Read only
    I vote for buying some additions to your feminine wardrobe. It lifts the spirits even though the clothes may not be needed. It's called "retail therapy." I went through a spate of not being able to be fully en femme for the day because my wife was home with surgeries and illnesses. That did not stop my from buying more panties and slips and dresses and hosiery. It kept my angst under control. I worked in an office environment for thirty years. I did have to buy replacements for worn out shirts and slacks every so often, but, that did nothing to lift my spirits. Get the skirt and heels.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I think you're preaching to the choir here, Jill------
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I've got some 60 dresses, but I've just found out a major UK retailer (House of Fraser for UK members) has got some really nice dresses at great prices and I just have to go and have a look, and I hate to go to a shop and come away empty handed!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Hi,
    I know what you mean, I have 2 closets with DyAnn's clothes and about a 1 foot section of male clothes. Then yesterday my wife gave me a new blouse she had found on sale. DyAnn owns at least 30 pairs of shoes male me owns 4. My dresser is full of bras, panties, girdles, slips and all sorts of lingerie, male me has 1 drawer of underwear in the chest of drawers. 11 wigs. And I still want more, luckily my wife is super supportive and helps me to enjoy as well as really cherish my DyAnn time.
    Luv to all DyAnn

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I haven't bought mens clothes in years. I wear a uniform for work and when I'm not working I'm en femm.

You know, it's funny, before I told My SO about my dressing, I would see miles worth of things I want but was too scared to buy. Now, the world is my oyster and when I go shopping I don't see anything worth buying. go figure.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

When I shop in the fog I leave the plastics at home and bring a wad of cash with me so I don't end up in debtor's prison. Lol so so many times I bought stuff in really didn't need.

I had to fight back the pink fog today! I was out window shopping locally. Just checking out things for Christmas gifts! I looked at things for the grandson, but looked at a lot of things for Lana Mae's Christmas! Necklaces, bracelets, yes earrings! Tops, pants, and jeans! Boots and booties! I went to Belks, Roses, KMart, Ross, Marshals, Big Lots, Burke's Outlet,and Walmart! All I bought was a notebook for my daughter! Ladies, I wanted to whip out that plastic and start buy it all but I was good! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

lol @ lana Mae Good for you girl! Christmas shopping is the WORST time for that pink fog to roll in. I think a lot of us use that as the "excuse" to buy girly things and go a bit over board with it. I am comfortable buying girly things every day but I do notice that when I am out Xmas shopping that I do tend to stop looking for other and pay more time looking for myself lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Jill might need some new clothes to lift her spirits and feel better. Getting new clothes is always exciting.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Frugality and spending are my wife's biggest concerns. She just can't see the point of buying clothes that I'm never going to wear outside. The other day I asked if I could buy a kilt jokingly telling her I could wear a kilt out claim it's my Scottish Heritage. (Not Scottish) We looked at kilts online and she said I could buy one if I wore it to the reenactment festival her and her family go to every Fall, then at least it will get some use. I gulped.

I totally agree with you. Its so much more fun shopping for womens clothes and sometimes i do go overboard. But money well spent!

Same here, i haven't bought any men's clothes for over a year, but i have bought at least 3 dozen dresses alone. I have switched to women's jeans and slacks because they feel so much better. I slip through the men's department as quickly as i can to shop in the women's. I love looking at the colors, styles, fabrics, etc. Men's clothes are just BORING. I wish i could wear them all the time everywhere.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richelle423 View Post
    I leave the plastics at home and bring a wad of cash with me so I don't end up in debtor's prison. .
    That is VERY good advice, it's what I do, plus my wife and I have a joint bank account, and when we get a bank statement some of my purchases would not go down well!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Since I can’t dress as often as I want to, shopping is a way to get a similar feeling. When I enter the womenswear section, I feel safe.

I really enjoying going into woman's stores and looking at and buying bras and panties. Definitely agree with the retail therapy!
    Jessica

Platinum Member

Always Room Fore One More!

Hi Jill , I have three closets FULL, But I am sure that I could make room for one more Skirt & Blouse......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I went through a period in my life when shopping for feminine clothes was an all consuming passion. Lately, I've scaled down the desire to buy everything in sight that makes me feel completely feminine and choose to buy things that I feel I really need.

Yes. Be careful not to become a shopaholic

I've taken to getting a lot of things off Amazon.
    Shopping in private is awesome. Some of my best bras are from there.

My downfall is shopping online on my phone, you can do it anywhere and it seems addictive. To slow down I've been unsubscribing to different online stores. Of course if I'm out I always check out the clearance racks, never know what will be there that I might like. Usually a lot of things on clearance are only something a crossdresser would buy!!
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Know and take care of your priorities first and if there is any money left take half and put it in an envelope marked extra money and don't touch it.
    take the other half and buy something for your girl self.
    It may only be some accessories maybe a dress or a top but at least its something.
    Be wise with your money.

My wallet would be a lot fatter if I could just limit myself to buying what I need rather than adding to it what I want. The want is so much bigger than the need.

The women I know have always referred to it as 'retail therapy'. My biggest problem area, is ebay, when something I' watching is coming up and no one's bid much on it. Seems a shame to let something that will fit me go by, seeing as I may never see it for sale again, considering how hard it is to find huge sizes. I had thought that I managed to curtail much of my sniping female clothing, with equal numbers of shiny new tools in my watch list.

Result?

Now I spend twice as much money.
    It was real hard to resist buying a cute pink set of beginner tools, even though I already own the professional versions. After all, they were all pink, cute, and had their own pink toolbox.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.