Thread: reading list

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar

reading list

Several years ago while searching for cycling books on my kindle I was presented with book called "Gaby" with a cute somewhat androgynous anime girl on the cover. I figured it was some kind of mistake but saw that it was primarily about a young boy who people keep mistaking as a girl. This was really weird, like fate almost, because I'd had gender issues on my mind a lot but never really explored them. Against my better judgement and out of curiosity I bought the book, and got sucked into the like 18 book series about Gaby. Turns out there was quite a bit of cycling content in the stories and they were very well written.

I just finished reading a Karin Bishop novel, "Port of Arrival" which is more transgender perfect world fantasy, but I really enjoyed it.

I decided to branch into non fiction and read, My Husband Betty, by Helen Boyd. It really opened my eyes.

I ran into "She's Not There," by Jennifer Boylan and fell in love with her writing. I sent her an email telling her so, and got a reply. First time anyone famous has ever replied to an email.

Just finished "I'm Looking Through You" also by Jenny.

So what next, anyone have anything they highly recommend. Not really interested in fiction anymore.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    You could try "Alice in Genderland". The author is bi, so there is a bit of talk about sex along with the gender identity issue.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Try Whipping Girl by Julia Serrano. It's about her experience as a trans woman.

I've read "Alice in Genderland " and "My Husband Betty". Both books were very rewarding in seeing whom I really am.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    So I read "Alice in Genderland" awhile back, I enjoyed it to a certain extent. First off I think Doctor Novak might be a borderline sociopath, or at least he is so incredibly brave about his actions and their possible consequences as to be naïve. Of course the book only focused on his crossdressing and sexual adventures so maybe there is more to the story. I often found that he would mention issues his wife had with his behavior and just seem to tell her it's fine, I've got everything under control, oh by the way some motorcycle racer pays me for sex. I'm a tolerant person, but I feel as if he was using his wife. I just can't wrap my head around it I guess.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Read "Hung In The Middle" which was written by a good friend of mine Anna Nicole Scholar.
    I think a lot here could benefit from reading her story.
    Coming out in a small conservative town and what its like.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-19-2017 at 03:26 PM.

I just finished Symptons of Being Human. I could not put it down. It's a story of a gender fluid high schooler and that is all I will say. Due to long commutes I usually listen to audible books. I finished this one on a Saturday. I could not wait till Monday! Whipping girl was good, but this is better. She's Not There Anymore hit home hard.

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Recently (within last 3 months) read Chief Kristin Beck's book, "Warrior Princess", about her transition from Navy SEAL to TG.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Been thinking of getting Warrior Princess.

I have read My Husband Betty, and it was helpful for me

Here's a little read... hope everyone enjoys its very captivating.... a beautiful Gurl shared this with me one lovely evening poem 2.jpg

I was shopping today in NYC at Bergdorf Goodman and came a cross a great read for any girl that wants to get lost in Fashion. Gio_Graphy, Fun In The Wild World of Fashion, by Giovanna Battaglia published by Rizzoli NY, only bad part over $100. I thumbed threw and had a hard time putting it down.IMG_3227.jpg

Are any of these books in audio form? I am a driver and like to listen to books as I drive.
    Thanks
    Jessie