Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You Pervert!

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Pervert, no way!
    I think of myself as being quirky. Defined as; quirk, peculiarity of behaviour: peculiar trait: idiosyncrasy.
    Peculiar; characteristic of only one person, or group: distinctive: different from the usual.
    A kink is; a mental or physical peculiarity: eccentricity: quirk.
    Not kinky, it has a strong sexual tone in the wrong sense, like pervert.
    I know that this is getting into semantics, but some words in today's english do not bode well in defining oneself, or when others define you.
    Last edited by Gillian Gigs; 09-26-2017 at 05:16 PM. Reason: addition
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I agree with those that want to stay as far as possible from this word. We had a discussions at group about reclaiming words. I don't see the public changing their use or understanding of this word anytime soon. I have also had talks with average people about being seen and perceived as someone that preys on other's.

This is why I perfer transgender person. It says yes I have gender issues, but other then the way I dress I'm like anyone else. Not identical, you know what I mean .

I don't like the term pervert even as an "In joke." I struggle too much with fear and guilt to take on that label.

There is far too much transphobic hate in this world. I fear using that word would be turned against us

Fiona, nailed it in one! I totally agree.