Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The first time you saw yourself as the complete female image

The first time you saw yourself as the complete female image

Hi everyone, I don't know if this topic is on here. I am new to the site. Any way ,what were your thoughts,feelings,ect. When you saw that girl/woman in the mirror for the first time? For me it was pure elation, i had just finished my makeup, and put on my wig ,earings,and female type glasses on.(I dont wear glasses) I just felt it completed my look. Well this woman I was seeing in the mirror, was Faith! There she was smilling from ear to ear, I just could not belive it! I was so happy! Now all I had to do was take her out on the town. Started going to group meetings near me. Meeting others just like me,I had fun. Hug to you all

The first time I saw me, I cried. I never until that moment realized I had been looking to see that person every time I looked in a mirror (or looked at a photograph, etc.) and for decades, that person wasn't there. I still mist up when I think about it.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Oh! the Elation!

I haven't used that word for some time! nicely worded!

Not much else to say actually, I get the same feeling every time, and "LOVE IT"

love being a chick!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Yeppers. Elation was part of it but tears were there as well. Why did I have to wait so long in life to see that image of who I could be.

The last time I dressed I looked at the reflection and asked myself, "What is there here not to like?" I couldn't come up with anything.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Mine was strange! I saw Lana Mae in the mirror twice while still in male mode! They were for only a split second but it happened! Then I went for a transformation and bang, there she was, staring back with those big beautiful eyes! If I can ever get those eyes right (make up) it will be a miracle! She has been a part of me ever since! (Well, yeah, she is me!) LOL Hugs Lana Mae PS: I wanted to cry but my makeup would have ran and ruined the look! LOL
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    When I bought my first wig. Before that I had used make up but my short hair totally spoiled the look. Then the wig went on, I was amazed at the difference it made and yes I did cry (a little)
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I never cried or anything like that but I surely was in pure amazement when I saw myself in that mirror. I had dressed and done my makeup and such and still saw "me" staring back but once that wig went on, i surely disappeared and she was there. it's amazing what a great wig can do
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

For me, that moment actually came a while after I had begun going out en femme. For several months I had gone nightclubbing as I tried to perfect my presentation and voice. But the cheaper wigs I had tried so far left my presentation lacking a certain something, and I did not feel my look was convincing enough to pass in daylight, let alone to fulful my own inner girl’s need to express herself visibly.

I realized my wigs all looked too fake to do the job. So I drummed up my courage and went to a local wig shop, as a male first, to see if they would deal with a trans client, and make an appointment. They had several other trans or CD clients already, and soon I had an appointment for that weekend.

At 10 AM on Saturday morning I was close to terrified. I had never been out en-femme in daylight before, and the wig salon was in a strip mall just two doors down from a restaurant that I frequently went to on weekdays for coffee and breakfast tacos. Most of the strip mall was still closed, but not that restaurant, where the employees had a good view of where I had to park and walk to go to the wig shop. I had my best current wig on, and my best attempt at ‘natural’ daytime-suitable makeup, and was wearing a nice skirt and blouse and ‘sensible’ low-heeled black pumps.

When I saw them unlock the salon door, I got out of my car and tried to walk calmly over to the appointment. Once inside, the staff was welcoming, accepting and friendly. I wasn’t yet ready to pay for a human hair wig, but had budgeted up to $400 USD for a nice synthetic one.

My moment came when they showed me a long, light brown wig, quite similar in color to my own hair when I was in my 20’s. I closed my eyes as she put it on me and adjusted it. When I opened my eyes, my first thought was, “Well! Hello, sister!” I was looking at a clearly female version of myself for the first time, an image that looked almost like my younger sister! The wig was tight on me, but they said they could try to streach it to fit me better. I should have had a large cap size, and this one only came in the standard size. But it looked so real that I almost cried with joy! It was spendy, but I bought it, and left it with them to stretch out. Picked it up the next weekend, and wore it out of the store, feeling so confident and happy that I went right into that restaurant next door and ordered coffee and breakfast tacos. And they did not recognize me! They accepted me at face value, as a new female customer! It was a genuine turning point in my female life. After that, I confidently went out in daylight, knowing others could finally see “the real me”!

Banned Read only
    Hi Faith,
    Welcome to the forum.
    You've started with an interesting question but if I may ask one, what age were you and how long ago ?

My first avatar was possibly the first time it all came together, I was in my forties. My makeup was bits and pieces, remnant tubes from my wife and daughter, so I didn't expect too much but the lesson learned was how little it took to get a female look. The real turning point was when the wig went on, that's when the male side of me disappeared . I'm not sure how I felt because I just didn't expect to look so different , mind blowing or mind numbing hard to say !

Last edited by Teresa; 09-29-2017 at 12:52 AM.

Hi. Ceera, funny you talked about going to a wig shop. The first wig I bought was at a wig shop (before internet shopping) it was run by some orientals, I walked in ,in drab mode . They asked if i needed some help.I said I want to buy a wig. (They sold other things,stockings,hair,products) I tried on about five styles and colors.I finaly settled on one a bought it, i couldn't wait to do the full transformation.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Hi Teresa, I am 54 been dressing in one form or anther very early on. The X actually forced Faith to come out. I was @38 she found my stash, and told everyone she knew. So I said what the hell I might as well go for it! Alot of water under the bridge since that time. I have got plenty of stories tO tell.

I worked on my "look" a little at a time over many years. Not until this year had I put all of the pieces together. So my wow factor wasn't really there as much as if I did a total 180 transformation. Though, I was still pleasantly surprised each time I was able to go a step further. Oddly enough, I still don't think I look all that different in male mode. (Other than the obvious) in other words, I'm pretty sure anyone that knows me would recognize me.

Whilst I may not pass, I thought I looked good ever since I as a kid and first started CD'ing.
    Hugs
    Tracy

Aspiring Member
    The first time I found the perfect wig and was all made up, I looked in the mirror and my cousin was looking back. It was kind of surreal. Totally cool and fun, but I it took a few moments to realize it was really me.
    Sara

I was really amazed the first time I was completely done up , amazed that I looked right...very female ant yet still me. I have fine tuned since then, but everytime I look in the mirror I see me...glamorous me.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

Pure joy! I could not stop looking at myself. I now had found the female that had been hidden inside me.

It was like staring into a deep well of Myself for the very first time, and the water was crystal clear.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I had been dressing for a year and was ready to give it up. Because I'm a man, I was sick to death of seeing a man in a dress in my mirror.
    I wanted to see a pretty woman. Someone I'm not!

Then, out of desperation I tried on a mask. OMG! I finally saw a woman looking back at me! I still get chills sometimes, seeing her!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The first time I looked at myself in the mirror it broke LoL but with my new wig I feel I have arrived, I feel a new me, ready to leave lipstick marks on as many coffee cups in cafes as I possibly can Lol

I was amazed. Pink fog broke the thermometer.

Still haven't. I admire the way I look in a nice dress or skirt put I am still a man in a dress. I have a bread so it is a waist to try to do my face. May be some day I will shave my beard off and try it but I am not really thinking of that at this time. Of now I am happy to just wear my female clothing.

Faith, my avatar was the first time I believe it came together when I went to True Colors for a transformation.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

The moment I saw Sarah looking back at me at the completion of my first makeover nearly 20 year ago was that great reveal. It was at a makeover salon/ make-up lesson in which the "artist" put it all together especially with the make-up tricks, the right wig and a few other pointers. From that time on, I knew that I could more than a guy in dress to become an acceptable female image. It really gave me the courage to meet others.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

Quote Originally Posted by Robin2005 View Post
    Still haven't. I admire the way I look in a nice dress or skirt put I am still a man in a dress. I have a beard so it is a waste to try to do my face. [SNIP]

I'm 40. My TG awakening was at around age 12, and I have been makeuping for only the last 5 of those years; so I totally understand anyone who is satisfied with man-in-a-dress. However, let me address the notion of makeup with a beard being a "waste", in your words.

Exhibit A.

How about those eyes?!?? Interested yet? . . .

No problem! . . Moisturiser, primer, foundation, setter, . . Nah, I joke .

Reality Check
    I don't think I ever saw that woman in the mirror for the first time. I didn't just wake up one morning, rush out and buy breast forms, hip padding, a wig, makeup, jewelry and clothes and shoes, it was gradual, very gradual. And of course, unless you have someone do it for you, you have to look in the mirror to put on your makeup and wig.

I do like what I see when I'm finished with the transformation but I'm always looking for a way to improve my presentation.

The first time I saw myself totally enfemme in the mirror I just stood there and stared for the longest time. I thought to myself, I would date girl; but alas I am just a gurl. But WOW! Thanks for asking and sharing