Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Occupation?

Occupation?

Those of us who are committed cross-dressers span a vast social and economic plane. Looking at our posts, I noticed most of us are older and/or retired. I'm just curious what is your occupation, and are you able to express even the slightest bit of your femininity at work?
    Lisa

At a minimum, I am always underdressed, work or not.

I'm an engineer and underdressing is as far as I can go.

I will go here as well it's like this!
    In my paid work life no one was game to say anything to me as they didn't have what it took to do my job!

48 now, Retired 10 yrs back and do volunteer work!
    I'm quite at ease in my general life and working at the soup kitchen, no-one cares what I look like (Ok my wife does) I put food on the plate and talk with people more messed up than I am! so I can more than express myself there!

The issue for me is that with summer coming on here being asked to teach swimming to the 3-10yr olds (I don't charge) I for some reason must present more masculine. Doesn't concern me, It's just me!

Still me on the inside!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Retired, Retired. Electronics, medic, illustrator, artist, photographer. Now doing home photo restorations. also a writer.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Banned Read only
    Lisa,
    I was a self employed photographer for thirty years , I called it a day when digital crept in and took the professionalism out of it . So many abilities are being lost now and Photoshop doesn't have all the answers .

I came out to my wife in my forties but had been a CDer since the age of 8. I would spend hours in my colour darkroom which gave me the ideal situation to dress , so I wasn't so much stuck in the closet as the darkroom .

The real plus side was handling all those lovely gowns in the course of my work, my secret desire was to be one of the bridesmaids , they had the most fun at weddings .

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Older, but not retired. Simply cannot afford to! Dress normally at work, and the closest I get to 'underdressing' is having painted toenails! lol!
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

engineer here and I do underdress
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I am retired. I was a Systems engineer and global expert.
    Part Time Girl

Retired military and now working towards my second retirement as a civil engineer
    V
    Be the one person you want today, because tomorrow is never a promise. This is not a practice run in life. This is it baby girl so run with it!!

Full time retired person. When i worked, i would underdress and keep pedi with color all the time.

Atb 75 I am retired from 3 professions. All were highly public and I was well known in each, thus will not revel exactly what they were. I have had a very good life and started dressing during the 3rd career and have loved it ever since.

Femme @ work: no way

IT engineering consultant. I have the longest hair in the office, I paint my long nails (lightly colored clearcoat), wear rings, bracelets & earrings and I underdress. The rest is usually the 'consultant uniform' of slacks and a button-down shirt, though my 'socks' are usually colored & patterned, and you can be certain it matches my top. If I didn't need to meet with clients, I could probably do more. I do occasionally slip in women's slacks and button down tops, and I don't believe anyone has even noticed.

I'm one of three LGBT people in my small office of 20 or so. We picked up on each other immediately. The powers that be *better* know I'm LGBT, or they are blind.

- MM
    Last edited by mechamoose; 09-30-2017 at 02:12 PM.
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I'm 55, and in outside sales in the same industry for over 25 years. It's more relationship based selling, primarily working with women. I don't underdress and am not in a position to express my femininity in any way, other than the way I cross my legs.

I was a police photographer for the best part of 26 years but in the end the sights the smells and death and destruction were too much for and I was forced to retire on medical grounds (stress and depression) 39 hours overtime in one weekend was the straw that broke the camels back I left and never worked again depression plagued me for many years and even now I get flash backs but not so many as before because dressing has brought me the solace and comfort I need even after 2 divorces on top. There is peace to be found within our community.

Professional, in a shirt and tie sort of environment. I don’t underdress but when I’m in casual attire, some of my clothes are from the women’s section. It’s not that I wear them because they’re women’s clothes. They just fit me better and I like them more. For instance, my gym shoes are all women’s.

The only thing that creeps up from my cd'ing to my normal life is the eyebrows. They’re trimmed and a bit femininity but they’re not too thin. I also got electrolysis a few years ago so I hardly have any facial hair.

Semi-retired nurse-LPN. Male attire but pearl earrings and right now blue fingernails and toenails! Not really out at work! It keeps them guessing!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Financial drone by day, musician by night. I underdressed as much as I can for my day job, and it's always dress down on Fridays so I can go in fairly androgynous. Oddly enough, it was only yesterday that my work colleagues first saw me in makeup. It was just a bit of eyeliner and mascara for our night out, but it was a start with no negative comments. I even got drawn into a conversation about makeup with a few of the women, and one said I was more girly than her! I just laughed and said "you have no idea!".
    If I'm playing a gig I can get away with it I mix things up a bit more.

Former construction worker, do building maintenance now. Always underdressed.

CNC Programmer for aerospace company

I am a retired deputy sheriff. Worked 30 years as a deputy. When I retired I hired on to a local school district. I now work security at a junior high school.
    Last edited by Karyn Marie; 09-30-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Bobbi46....... yes, there is peace here.

Lace and Smiles
    Lisa

Car sales person. Usually drab, other than panties and polished toes. Some of my slacks are femme but

I am an auto technician for over 30 years. Definitely underdressed almost every day, painted toenails. At least for the last 7 months since I have allowed me to start to be who I am.
    Last edited by MarieAnn; 09-30-2017 at 04:05 PM.