Thread: Shopping

Reality Check

Shopping

My wife and I went out to dinner Saturday night. After dinner I suggested going to the store to buy a replacement can opener, which we did. After buying the can opener, she suggested that we put it in the car and go to the Ross store in the same shopping center.

My wife went through the racks picking out blouses she thought I might like (and of course, blouses that she liked). Then we went to the dresses and she picked out one for me. She took her blouses and my dress into the dressing room and tried them on. She rejected the blouses she had picked out for herself but kept the dress. She said "I think you're really going to like this dress."

So I got two blouses and a dress. I put the dress on this morning and yes, I really like it. I'm wearing it now.

Also in Ross were two dresses in our size, one Santa Clause outfit in red and an elf in green. She said "Hey, we could buy these and wear them at the same time". I said something about wearing them out in public but in the end we didn't buy them.
    Krisi

You do have a jewel of a wife. Treat her nice.

I have gotten lucky at Ross too. My wife and I are close to the same blouse size, so sometimes she tries things on for me.

I don't like that Ross has the gatekeeper in front of the dressing rooms. There was one time that I had to go to the men's side with an armful of blouses and jeans. Fortunately I didn't get the evil eye that time.

Congratulations on picking up some nice clothes. Your wife is a gem!

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Yes, Ross can be a good place to look. Congrats on having a supportive wife. Have learned over time how to pick items that will fit me, so using the dressing stalls can be avoided. Often have a tape measure with me to check lengths. Only have had a few items over the yrs that didn't fit. Gave them away, or sold at yardsales. Toni G..

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Dang! I'm heading to Ross. I need that elf outfit for a party this weekend! Thanks, Krisi!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    I've only tried things on at Ross a few times. i just went and showed what I had and used the men's side. Same at Marshalls and TJ Max. Since I'm retired and pretty much know my size just by looking I buy and take it home to try on. Besides if it doesn't fit, it is an excuse to take things back and shop some more. When I traveled I did try on clothes since usually I didn't expect to be back any time soon.

Over the years and shopping with women, I've noticed a lot of them don't try on clothes at the store. They like to take the items home and try on. My wife is one of those that almost never tries on clothes in stores. I often take things back for her. When the clerk asks me why I'm returning the item I tell them it didn't fit. Most clerks realize that the items would never fit me. Some play along, Others faint. lol

Pix please! Let us see these purchases!!

Preferably on YOU!
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Reality Check
    Well maybe. I took a bunch of photos, but like a dumbass, I had left the tag on in case I wanted to return it and it is pretty obvious.

My wife is close enough in size to me that she can try stuff on for me. Since I wear breast forms and hip/butt padding as Krisi but not as Homer, trying stuff on in the store is pointless. Ross and pretty much all the stores will accept things for returns.

Sherry, Ross doesn't seem to be like Kohls or JC Penny, they have a lot of "one of" stuff so you may or may not find it where you are. I kind of wish we had bought the pair but I don't know where we would wear it. We don't go to a lot of parties. Maybe the bar district downtown. Of course it would be hard to "blend" in an elf or santa outfit.
    Last edited by Krisi; 12-05-2017 at 09:09 AM.
    Krisi

Krisi,
    Ross is my favourite outlet, all the different labels and range of styles, sometimes in my size too.

Good to have a wife who likes to shop for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.