Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Occupation?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Occupation?

Those of us who are committed cross-dressers span a vast social and economic plane. Looking at our posts, I noticed most of us are older and/or retired. I'm just curious what is your occupation, and are you able to express even the slightest bit of your femininity at work?
    Lisa

At a minimum, I am always underdressed, work or not.

I am nearing retirement as a facilities project manager and do under-dress a lot, not all the time though. I do more in winter when clothes are thicker and hide the straps and things. I do love those Spanx under garments.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Former over the road truck driver/owner operator.
    Owned my own trucks for years hauling coal in Eastern Ky and W VA.
    Retired from a large trucking firm in 2015
    Now I am a guitar repair technician and roadie for a rock band.

I'm an engineer and underdressing is as far as I can go.

Retired, Retired. Electronics, medic, illustrator, artist, photographer. Now doing home photo restorations. also a writer.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Older, but not retired. Simply cannot afford to! Dress normally at work, and the closest I get to 'underdressing' is having painted toenails! lol!
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

engineer here and I do underdress
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I am in quality assurance for a large machine shop making parts for a large airplane manufacturer. Can you guess which one? I knew you could. I've been wearing panties for years now and my fingernails are painted all the time.

I will go here as well it's like this!
    In my paid work life no one was game to say anything to me as they didn't have what it took to do my job!

48 now, Retired 10 yrs back and do volunteer work!
    I'm quite at ease in my general life and working at the soup kitchen, no-one cares what I look like (Ok my wife does) I put food on the plate and talk with people more messed up than I am! so I can more than express myself there!

The issue for me is that with summer coming on here being asked to teach swimming to the 3-10yr olds (I don't charge) I for some reason must present more masculine. Doesn't concern me, It's just me!

Still me on the inside!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Banned Read only
    Lisa,
    I was a self employed photographer for thirty years , I called it a day when digital crept in and took the professionalism out of it . So many abilities are being lost now and Photoshop doesn't have all the answers .

I came out to my wife in my forties but had been a CDer since the age of 8. I would spend hours in my colour darkroom which gave me the ideal situation to dress , so I wasn't so much stuck in the closet as the darkroom .

The real plus side was handling all those lovely gowns in the course of my work, my secret desire was to be one of the bridesmaids , they had the most fun at weddings .

College student, tutor, and son to be teacher

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Lisa,
    I was a self employed photographer for thirty years , I called it a day when digital crept in and took the professionalism out of it . So many abilities are being lost now and Photoshop doesn't have all the answers .

I came out to my wife in my forties but had been a CDer since the age of 8. I would spend hours in my colour darkroom which gave me the ideal situation to dress , so I wasn't so much stuck in the closet as the darkroom .

The real plus side was handling all those lovely gowns in the course of my work, my secret desire was to be one of the bridesmaids , they had the most fun at weddings .
    I shoot weddings in my spare time, and handling all the gowns is definitely a bonus! I am very much attracted to all things pretty and feminine, and there's arguably nothing more beautiful than a bride on her wedding day. In this line of work, shooting hetero weddings, dressing feminine isn't really any option, as I see my job is to capture the day, rather than cause a stir with the guests.

I would actually love to get a job to shoot a two bride wedding, with double the dresses and double the beautifully made up girls to shoot. I don't care if it's two GG or one GG + a trans or CDer. But no, I haven't done anything about selling to this market, I know I should.

Anyway, my day job is working with databases and other computer software type stuff. With a freedom dress-code at work, I underdress and wear lady's jeans to work everyday. If I weren't closeted (except to my wife), I would definitely go into the office dressed. I was once on the phone with someone from another office, she has a female name, and everyone refers to her as her, except her voice and the way she spoke was unmistakably male. I really wanted to ask her if she's trans and make myself a new friend, but didn't want to offend her. So, I think the employer would be accepting, as much as the general public is capable of anyway. The job itself definitely doesn't prevent it.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Marianne S View Post
    I had no wish to be "out" as Marianne (except to my wife), and I don't underdress (as I mentioned in another thread), so I didn't express my feminine side at work except in two very minor ways. One was growing long fingernails--which I remember caused comment on one occasion when I was giving a presentation, and my fingernail, which I was using in the absence of a pointer, was projected onto the screen!
    Damn OHP! I don't actually remember ever using a OHP in work, the last time I used one was as a student 20+ years ago. That wouldn't be a problem nowadays though with everything digital.
    Swottie

I am retired. I was a Systems engineer and global expert.
    Part Time Girl

Retired military and now working towards my second retirement as a civil engineer
    V
    Be the one person you want today, because tomorrow is never a promise. This is not a practice run in life. This is it baby girl so run with it!!

Full time retired person. When i worked, i would underdress and keep pedi with color all the time.

Atb 75 I am retired from 3 professions. All were highly public and I was well known in each, thus will not revel exactly what they were. I have had a very good life and started dressing during the 3rd career and have loved it ever since.

Retired Professional Sailor.

I was military also, active and reserve for 20+ years.

Underdressed at work for more years than I can count.

I am the maintenance guy for a property management company.I only wear women's clothes. The same clothes that any woman would wear to do the work that I do.
    One day in the winter, my boss tried to crack a joke about me wearing my girlfriends boots. It was snowing and I was wearing women's black snow boots. I thought they looked pretty unisex at best. Nothing about them looked women's.
    Anyway the point of my story is. I'm standing there in a woman's denim parka, women's jeans with leggings underneath, a woman's tee shirt, under a woman's sweat shirt. Of course wearing panties and a sports bra, all he notices or says anything about was my boots.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Occupation? Hmmmm. I've been a Law Officer, Mail carrier, construction worker, clerk (office & retail), R.E. agent, and currently, fork lift operator in a warehouse.
    I always have long painted nails (clear coat), toes (coloured), femme underwear, and have added earrings.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    That is a hoot Lisa.
    I LOLd when I read that because I had a friend say something about a pair of girls work boots I had on one winter.
    The Camo coat with sheep's wool collar, my jeans sweatshirt and gloves were all from the ladies dept.LOLOL
    He later on down the road asked me why I had girls boots on and I said because they fit and they were on sale.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 09-30-2017 at 09:42 PM.

Aspiring Member
    Engineering field and wear lingerie (panties, bra, cami/ladies tee, ladies socks/thigh highs) and light make-up daily.
    Michele

Femme @ work: no way

IT engineering consultant. I have the longest hair in the office, I paint my long nails (lightly colored clearcoat), wear rings, bracelets & earrings and I underdress. The rest is usually the 'consultant uniform' of slacks and a button-down shirt, though my 'socks' are usually colored & patterned, and you can be certain it matches my top. If I didn't need to meet with clients, I could probably do more. I do occasionally slip in women's slacks and button down tops, and I don't believe anyone has even noticed.

I'm one of three LGBT people in my small office of 20 or so. We picked up on each other immediately. The powers that be *better* know I'm LGBT, or they are blind.

- MM
    Last edited by mechamoose; 09-30-2017 at 02:12 PM.
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I'm 55, and in outside sales in the same industry for over 25 years. It's more relationship based selling, primarily working with women. I don't underdress and am not in a position to express my femininity in any way, other than the way I cross my legs.