Thread: Heart pounding.

Heart pounding.

So it's Saturday evening and that means dress up.Makeup, wig ,false nails , the works.I love going for a drive while dressed .Tonight I thought I'd drive to the Library and drop a couple of books into the night deposit slot.There were a couple of teenage girls nearby but I just got out and did what I had come for.Back in the car I wanted to hit the drive thru at my fav do-nut shop for a coffee.I've done this the past 3 Saturdays wearing a different wig each time.I got my coffee and was sitting in the parking lot at the plaza.The do-nut shop is the only thing open .I see an older teen ,a boy,walking across the lot ,cellphone in hand skateboard tucked under his arm.No problem,I think he'll just pass by without even glancing my way.The cars not running ,windows are up ,doors are locked.He comes right over to the passenger window bends down and raps on the glass.I sort of panicked,shook my head,started the car and left.I have no idea what he wanted but I didn't want to see what would have happened had I lowered the window and asked what I could do for him.I don't believe he knew I wasn't a woman.Had it been a teenage girl I'm sure my reaction would have been different.It scared me and I'm not sure if I'm making more of it than it deserves.
    Everything you always wanted is on the other side of fear.George Addair.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    More then likely he wanted a ride, or a few dollars. Seriously it would have got my heart beating however I was dressed but I would have freaked out in your situation too.

Aspiring Member
    I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say that if he saw you just sitting there doing nothing maybe he just wanted to make sure you were OK.

I would have had a similar reaction to yours - as a lone woman you have to consider safety first.
    But he just might have wanted to tell you that you'd left your wallet on the roof of your car (do NOT get out to check, ask him to please hand it to you then offer him a small reward) or that you have a flat tire (do NOT get out until he is totally gone).
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

You were sitting alone in a parking lot that essentially closed... he probably thought you were trying to buy drugs or pick up a sex worker.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Another example of what not to do and to go out during the day.

Think twice and act once, I would never venture out that late like that least of all deserted car park just for doughnuts. In my opinion be safe not sorry go when there are lots of people around and everything is open that is when it is the safest time.
    Tracii has it right go out when its daylight if you do not want feel vulnerable.

Platinum Member
    Hi Karen , It is the old Fight or Flight Syndrome, Your reactions were the right choices.>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Spammer
    You left the scene at least that was the smart thing to do.

You have to have a different mindset when out en femme as opposed to boy mode. There are places I won't go when I'm dressed up because of the safety factor. Think like a woman, it is very unlikely that you would find a GG placing herself in a similar situation.

You made the right choice in leaving the area.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Glad you are OK! Like as has been suggested, stay out of dark deserted places! Better in daylight! Near people maybe not with people but near them! Best wishes Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

My reaction probably would have been the same with a teenage girl. I don't know if I would take off like you did or not, but I would mostly be concerned with the under age factor. I don't like being approached in parking lots by people I don't know no matter how I'm presenting. Sometimes people are stranded or truly have an emergency so it can be a tough call.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Banned Spammer
    Trust your instincts.
    A teenager out at night is generally trouble I used to be one so I know
    Teenagers these days I wouldn't trust at all..

Actually, it sounds like you've made progress since then end of August when you posted your "Mission Failed" thread, so I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. Again, you have to forgive yourself for anything that you consider a failing and move on. Lots of good advice in this thread about protecting yourself. I think the thing to know is that you're not really any different than anyone else here, you just need experience, and it looks like you're getting that.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Few people approach your car with good intentions, where I come from they are usually begging for money or trying to sell you something. I'd have driven off too.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Maybe creeping around alone in unoccupied places in the dark is not a good idea, Karen? I go out often. But, would never do that!

Even after leaving crowded vanilla venues u could be followed. I have been! Now, I'm carefully to look behind me until I reach my car!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The sun sets earlier and earlier with each passing day. Soon it will be dark before dinner time. There is nothing wrong with going out in the evening as long as you don't flip the calendar. You chose guaranteed safety over potential sorry. Soon you will be giving daylight hours a try and this will all be a distant memory.

Reality Check
    I'll just reinforce what some others have said:

You have dressed yourself as a woman but you are still thinking like a man. It's not unusual for a man to sit in his car alone in a dark parking lot but a woman would never do that. I'm not going to go into "why" but it's the truth. You have to learn to think and act like a woman if you're going to dress like one in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie_Lynn View Post
    There are places I won't go when I'm dressed up because of the safety factor.
    I used to live on the rough side of town - there are places I won't go even in boy mode because of the safety factor.