Thread: The Art of Tucking: v3.0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DommaReed View Post
    Can you post a pic of the tape the way you have modified it before applying?
    Unclockable-Tape.jpg

I'll come back and post an actual pic the next time I get a chance to get fully dressed, but I've sketched up my alterations.

I cut off the bottom tab, and then cut a slit from there about 60% of the way up. YMMV depending on how much you need to tuck in between the boys and the beginning of the cheeks.

At the top, I cut an "I"-shaped hole with the crossbars a smidgen narrower than my erect width and about 3/4 of my erect height. I tear off just enough backing to fold the flaps back on itself to reinforce the hole (I found that the cut edges would stretch out as the day wore on..) and then pre-tear the backing the rest of the way. I also pre-tear the backing about two inches from the other end on each of the strips, so that I'll have something to hold on to while stretching later.

After that, I pull myself through, remove the top backing, then stick it down well. After letting it sit for a bit for the adhesive to activate, I squat and pull things through, sticking the unstretched section covered by the tabs on either cheek. Smooth the tape down after that, and it's all good.

Does the adhesive irritate your skin at all?
    Yes and no. There's no getting around the fact that you've got an adhesive stuck to your skin and it's pulling things - hard. But if I remove it with baby oil or mineral oil followed by a warm shower, there's no lasting redness or irritation.

(Edited to add) - Yesterday, I got up and taped before going to the gym (have been curious how it would look under my Lululemon leggings with no front panel seam) but lost track of time walking around and had to rush off to work for a meeting so that I wouldn't be late. As a result, I wound up spending 14 hours with it on. Not only did it hold the tuck without any bathroom issues, it didn't hurt as I removed it.

(P.S. - It looked FABULOUS.)
    Last edited by Andrea Chenowith; 02-07-2020 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Irritation update.