Thread: Setting a Goal

Setting a Goal

Hi, Transweek (Fantasia Fair) in P-Town is in October and I'm seriously thinking about going. It would be my first public appearance, which is both exciting and a terrifying. Living in MA, the Cape is an easy trip, and the odds of seeing someone I know are slim. I know it's still a ways off, hopefully I'll be ready to step out by October and don't chicken out.
    Anyone else thinking about going? Would love to hear your experiences!

Hi Marci- i sent a similar post last year, and I can relate very well to your concerns. I’m from the same area and actually went last year just for a few hours one afternoon. It was wonderful in some ways and not so great in others. Im debating about this year. Im assuming you will get some responses here from other more experienced people (as I did last year) that you should definitely go as it is a very accepting place and event. Very true but it’s still hard for some of us. I believe quite a few people from here go and love it.If it’s ok I would like to PM you to have a conversation.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    It depends what you are looking for. You can go to p town any weekend. They really don't car. Know that it is a tourist spot. The pipeline who live there love us and some are like us. The tourists are from everywhere else and don't necessarily like us. Some are just polite. Some accept us by default of where we are. Others no so much. If you want to go for the event and see like people go to the fair. Otherwise you could go any time and have similar success on your own.

I'm originally from Boston and went on many family vacations to Hyannis.

The first time I went to P-town it was a Portuguese fisherman's town. It transformed to gay, and then to Lesbian. I went whale watching from there times. We went when my daughter was about 10. She didn't pick up on any public displays of affections between the girls there. I was concerned, not because of the girls kissing, hugging and holding hands, but because I didn't want to get into an adult conversation with my daughter in public.

I've been to the Keystone Conference 12 times running, and it is really awesome.

I would feel safe anywhere in P-Town any time. Expect many, many tourists in the summer. Note that the Fantasia Fair is usually schedules for the off-off season. I understand P-Town pretty much closes down for the winter after Fantasia Fair.

I've often thought of going to Fantasia Fair, but it's a full day's drive for me through some of the most congested cities on I-95.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Thank you for your kind and helpful responses.
    Genifer, you're right, no need to wait for Fantasia Fair, and not a bad idea to do a 1-day dry run. Jesse I would love to hear more, we can DM once I'm a bonified member. Still got my training wheels.

Marci. What are the chances of seeing someone. I was in Hong Kong once. My wife and I was waking on the street and I was approaching the red light to cross the street, I turned, I and ran into someone I work knew that worked in another department at my work. The word is actually so small.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    As Billie R stated, it can be a small world where you run into acquaintances in unexpected places. Yet, while out in your best en-femme presentation may not pass as the opposite gender, I maintain that is not likely that most would positively tie the two of your personas together.

Go for it!

Marci,

There will always be reason why not to go out. However the arguments for going out, the pro's, if they outweigh the con's then going out should be a matter if when not if. As for pro's, just the sense of achievement, the exhilaration, of accomplishment, the feeling of satisfaction, the memories it will create are reasons enough. Plus as I've written many times before, do you really want to be on your deathbed, lying there thinking, I wish I'd.......

Wherever you go there is always a chance of meeting someone you know but as Lydia says when in your femme attire it can be highly unlikely they'll put two and two together. Where you're thinking of going sounds like it's a safe place for our community and will be filled with like minded souls. If you get to meet and chat to someone like yourself you'll wonder why you never did it before and you're certainly likely to want to do it again.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

My wife and I visited P-town a couple years ago and it was great lots of happy and very friendly people. We went a week before Fantasia fair my wife enjoyed herself visiting with a lesbian couple that live in P-town. My wife dose not know about my Crossdressing but I would absolutely love to visit with her as a couple ladies. Great place!