Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting caught by Mom

Getting caught by Mom

Like many of us here, I explored my Mom's lingerie drawer when I was home alone, and tried on her panties, girdles and bras. I did this quite regularly, because I was old enough to be left home alone (maybe 12 y.o.) when my parents took my brother to his hockey game. I knew pretty precisely how much time I had: a one hour game, plus travel time.

I did have one really close call. They all came back in about 30 minutes. The ice making equipment was broken and the games was cancelled. Fortunately, I was engrossed in a TV show that night and hadn't even gotten started and didn't have to scramble hiding things.

My mom had a very neatly arranged panty draw, which made it easy to put things back where they came from without arousing suspicion. However, one time when I opened the panty drawer, everything was misarranged. I thought that she had gotten some suspicions and had set a trap for me. I thought that she would know if I touched or moved anything that she would know. I just closed the drawer and walked away.

I never got caught, but I always wondered if my mom knew, but just different confront me about it for some reason.

Anyone have stories that they'd like to share?
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Wow you were lucky that time Steffi. My closest call from about the same age:
    I had mistakenly left one of my older sisters bra/cami type item under my bed. One of my other older sisters and I were hanging out in my room and she saw it - ?what is this doing here?? I was speechless but she quickly said ?oh yeah that?s right Sheila slept here last?. Which was ridiculous as I had my own single room. Subject dropped and never discussed again. I thought it was pretty cool of her to let me off the hook like that.
    Between my borrowing of 3 older sisters and moms things as a kid I would not be surprised at all if they all suspected something.

I have a vague memory of my mom catching me wearing her panties when I was around 5 years old.

I don't have any memories of me wearing any of mom's clothes again until I was around 13. I would stay home "sick" from school every so often to dress up in her clothes. I thought I was really careful about putting everything back where I got it, and I didn't think she knew.

After my mom passed away, my current wife informed me that the two of them talked about my dressing and my mom was very aware of me wearing her clothes, even though my mom never let me know.

I was probably about 10 and stumbled upon some of my mom's old panties she had put in a rag bag in my closet in my upstairs bedroom. It was stuffed full of old washcloths, hand towels, pillowcases, etc. to use as rags. I reached in and felt them one time I was getting mom a rag and put it back in and grabbed a old hand towel. Feeling the panties caused a bit of an excitement, and feeling that nylon was super also. Later that night I reached in and noticed there were 8-10 pair of her panties neatly folded in the rag bag. Curiosity worked on me till that night and I knew I had to try them on. I took of my plain ole white underwear and slipped on her panties and i was so excited and looking back, I was hooked.

I would try them on whenever I had the chance to be alone and not be caught. Mom would have me help do laundry by taking her panties and bras into their bedroom and put them away. When I was home alone I would look around in my parents room and would find panties, bras, and pantyhose laying in a chair or over the ironing board. Her dresser seemed to have them in all the drawers and even found a couple of girdles. I would try them on about any time I would be home alone. I was worried she would be able to tell that they had been worn and even worried about the panties in the rag bag as they were the only items in it that were folded and stacked along the side.

Looking back the last few years at pictures of me when I was little, many of the pics look like the clothes I was wearing, they very likely may have been for a little girl. I have an idea that my mom may have very likely planned possibly on having a little girl and had many items of little girl clothing, but did it go a little further? Is it possible she put the panties in the rag bag for me to find? Did she leave her undies laying around and have me helping to possibly "encourage" me to explore those items. A couple years later I found one of her old, short nighties in the rag bag. Causing me to thing that she actually knew I was trying her undies on and she was secretly helping me to do it. She never did catch me wearing her undies.

It's been about 50 years now and since I now am single, I have my own bra, panties and etc. and can enjoy wearing them almost all the time. Am I crazy to think that maybe she was maybe secretly encouraging me to try on her undies? If she were still alive, I would very likely ask her.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph_CD_62 View Post
    After my mom passed away, my current wife informed me that the two of them talked about my dressing and my mom was very aware of me wearing her clothes, even though my mom never let me know.
    Finding that out must have come as a shock, both that she knew you were CD and that she talked with you wife about it, unbeknownst to you.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Not sure my mom figured out I was wearing her clothes when I was 13 - she never asked me about it if she did

I would ?borrow? panties out of the hamper. Every now and then I would keep them overnight and return them the next day. Several times, I would go to return them to the hamper but the hamper would be empty. And the soiled clothing had been washed. So I would hide the panties for a couple of days until the hamper filled up again. I think m mom knew what was going on but she never said anything. Eventually, I figured out that trying to spend a night with her panties was too risky.

The closest I came to getting caught was when I was in my sister’s room modeling her stockings and heels. I heard my mother coming up the stairs and clomped across the hall to my room, losing a heel in the process. I managed to get one stocking off, and when she entered my room, I was sitting on my bed with my leg tucked under my bed, still wearing the other stocking and heel. She just looked at me questioningly but never said a word. I’m sure she saw the wayward heel and wondered. She never mentioned the incident again, but I’m sure she knew.
    Honoring the woman within

Steffi, I also wonder if my mother knew and what she would say if she caught me. I do remember when I was around 14 I left a cute skirt and top of my sisters layed out on a chair in her room the weird thing is she never said anything and when I noticed it had been out all day I quickly hung it back up in her closet and nothing was ever mentioned.

Nylon stockings were my first introduction to our world. My Mom kept her nylons in a box in her dresser. I found it and would often wear them with one of her obg?s. Things were fine until, horrors, I?d put a run in one of her stockings. I kinda panicked. Nothing was ever said, but I still experienced trepidation. Whew. I?ve considered the possibility that she knew. No, it didn?t stop me. Just slowed me down a little. I certainly was more careful using gloves.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    A few years ago I replaced mom's garage door opener. I learned they make extra quiet ones now. The extra warning was so helpful back in the day. Who would want a quiet one. Lol.

I began with mom's clothes also and she too neatly arranged here dresser. I learned early on that I had to be aware of where things were and how they were arranged.
    I was never "caught" as such, but I have the feeling that she knew and just never brought it up.
    She did make a nice comment once though. It was the first time I went out dressed to a Halloween party. My wife borrowed a costume and did my makeup. Of course there were pictures and when we showed the party pics to my mom she showed the one of me to my Dad and said, "Wanna see what our daughter would have looked like had we had one?". I took that as a great compliment. Just wish I had asked her what they would have named her.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I had a very close female friend when I was 15 who knew about my crossdressing and seen as we were similar size borrowed me some of her clothes to wear ie long tight pencil skirt,nylons and a bra..
    When my parents went out for the evening I siezed my chance and put the clothes on and ooh my the feeling of them clothes was so nice and sensual..
    The next think I know is my mam waking me up still dressed..So we had the talk if I wanted to be a girl ooh why didn't I say yes

My mom caught me when I was 13, by way of discovering my pantyhose stash under my bed. Stupid location to hide anything. She read me the riot act, including Bible thumping. It went on for a while...a long while. When she had finally vented enough, and it was over, she never mentioned it again. Not once for the rest of her life. It didn't stop my crossdressing. It just taught me to hide better, and hide well I did. It bothered me deeply that my mom reacted in the way she did. It affected me for years to come, and probably still affects me now. The utter, total rejection has made me very sensitive to rejection of any kind from any one. It colors my actions in public, around total strangers. All sourced to her? Not likely, but some of it at least.

In all other respects, my mother was absolutely amazing. I could not have asked for a better mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    Finding that out must have come as a shock, both that she knew you were CD and that she talked with you wife about it, unbeknownst to you.
    I knew my mom knew about my dressing habits, but we never talked about it. And since I was open to my wife from the beginning she knew. My mom spent about a week with us before she passed, but I never thought the two of them would talk about my dressing. So yes it was a shock that the two of them talked about it.

I was remembering those days.
    I wasn't caught by mom, but I was caught by my aunt. I was at her house with my cousins and she went to the store. I was the oldest and went to her room, took one of her dresses and put it on. Well, she came home without me hearing her and there I was, red cheeked and wishing I was dead. All she said was, "if you want to wear my clothes, just tell me and I'll help you".
    My biggest regret is not having the nerve to ask.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya silk stocking View Post
    The next think I know is my mam waking me up still dressed. So we had the talk if I wanted to be a girl ooh why didn't I say yes
    One of my biggest fears. No way of talking around it unless you can prove that you were abducted by aliens and they dressed you up "wrong". That wouldn't really work, would it?

If you said , "Yes", it more likely that you would have received a 1-way ticket to the psych rather than a shopping trip to the woman's department of a department store. At least, that's what I thought back then.

These stories are so fascinating. When I was a teenager, I thought that I was the only person in the world like me, except maybe Christine Jorgensen. Now that I'm older, I know that I am not alone. I read the chapter about transgenderism in the book "Everything that you wanted to know about sex, but were afraid to ask". And I saw the movie too. I still thought it was fiction. I was well over 50 before I met a crossdresser FtF.

But, keep these stories coming. My life, at least, is beginning to sound so much more normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Well, she came home without me hearing her and there I was, red cheeked and wishing I was dead. All she said was, "if you want to wear my clothes, just tell me and I'll help you".
    My biggest regret is not having the nerve to ask.
    I would have been wishing that my "Wayback Machine" really worked.

I had one opportunity to fess up to my mom. She was painter her nails as i stared at her. She asked me if I wanted her to paint mine. Yes, YES. She pained one and then started painting the next one. I totally panicked and wiped off the nail polish before it even had a chance to dry. I always wished that she gave me a second chance, but it never came up again.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 04-21-2024 at 10:11 PM.

My parents never caught me dressed but they figured it out somehow anyway. My mother never said anything to me about it, but when I was around maybe 16-17 or so, my dad one time told me that he was disappointed in me and that the worst thing in the world for man to find out, was that his son would do "something like that". That hurt!

Years later, shortly before we got married, my wife to be told me that my mother had sat her down and told her there was something very serious they needed to talk about. She told my fianc?e that I was "one of those" and that she needed to really think about if she wanted to marry me.
    My now (and still) wife told her that I had already told her about it and that she was fine with it.

I can somewhat understand that she felt it important to tell, but it did disappoint me to be honest. To the day she died, she never brought it up, but she would sometimes make it very clear what her opinions were on "those people". I didn't feel much like bringing up the topic myself.

Like JulieC, I was one of the apparently dumb ones that got caught. OK. Unlucky rather than dumb. I was about 8 and had enjoyed myself many times with my mother's clothes (I am an only child so no sister to "borrow" from). She was gentle and considerate, but it still terrified me. Did it cure me? Not for long. I had felt I was some kind of girl or boy/girl mix or something weird since I was about 4 - very undifferentiated identity as they call it. I picked it up again in a few months and was off and on for the next 45 years. I am off now, but that is because I have zero testosterone due to prostate cancer treatment - that does away with most of these kinds of things for the most part in addition to producing a big fat zero in the libido column. Acceptable, bearable, but not much fun. However, the gender traits and characteristics that are not driven by hormones are alive and well, but Gretchen has no desire to dress in girl clothes or boy clothes. But she still exists in a multitude of other ways. And she still contributes mightily to the total identity.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I started off in little differently than most of us. Initially girls clothes were used as a punishment when I was bad, always with nylon panties. As my much older sisters married, I moved into the basement bedroom across from the laundry room. I was around 12, seeing all those items that were once a punishment hanging to dry after laundry day. There was also a rag bin in the laundry room, in which I also found some old panties. I eventually moved on to my mothers dresser drawers, and all of her clothing.

I thought that my Mum couldn't know about my activities, because I thought I was being so careful. Now I realize that my mum must have known about it. As I would regularly raid her dresser, I must not have returned something properly, or possibly soiled some of her items. One day I found that my favourite items had been removed from their regular place. I found them in another drawer. They would be washed regularly and returned to this new place. Not a single word was ever mentioned to me. It never occurred to me what was happening until many years later. She would occasionally discard some of her old clothes into a closet in the basement also. I always thought that if either mum, or dad knew, I would be getting punished and grounded for 'life' by my them.

So, I guess I did get caught, but never realized it. Mum was a strong dynamic leader within our home, but not the type to be obvious, rather, the one pulling the strings in the back ground. I have always wondered whose idea was it when it came to the panty punishment? Hers', his, or both?
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I was never caught by my mother wearing her clothes, but she did find my stashes about 3 maybe 4 times, and I had one close call and it was close.

When I first started I had a stash of her clothes hidden in my room in an old Lego tub and it wasn?t hidden the best, but it worked well for a while until she found it and opened it and saw some of her clothes there. She did confront me about it and I lied and said idk how they got there. The second time kinda went the same as the first time, but she didn?t really confront me or say anything about it, she just made a comment it being in the same style as she found it before. The third time I thought I had done a better job at hiding them, but I was wrong. She never said anything this time or confronted me with nor made any comments. I didn?t even know they were gone until I went to go wear them. I did get them back sometime later. Then on the fourth and final time I had bought my own stash and had gone away from her clothes. I had a few pairs of panties and a bra, as well as some sleeping attire. When I went looking for them one night to wear I noticed they were gone. Since they were my own that I bought with my own money I went and confronted her about it and got them back. I told her I would get rid of them myself and never do it again. Well that was a big lie.

The close call came between the 2nd and 3rd time she found my stashes. I was home one night while she was at work. I was wearing a pair of her panties, a bra, a skirt and a top. She wasn?t supposed to be home until around 830pm. Around 630pm I heard the door open and her yell upstairs to me that she was home. I quickly took off what I could and hid some under my bed and then jumped under the covers on my bed to hid the fact I was wearing a bra and panties. I think due to this is why she looked for the stash for the 3rd time.

I was caught by my sister wearing my mom?s pantyhose. She just giggled and thought I was a little odd. Lol. My mom never caught me but I?m pretty certain she had to know. Kids are never as careful as they think. I?m certain I left her lingerie drawer in disarray and she had to notice the missing pantyhose

After my wife and I got engaged, my father told my bride (51 years and counting) that my mom and him were glad we were getting married because "We were worried about him".

My mother was aware of my dressing and even asked me about it when I was an adult. However, I was never caught red handed or pink pantyed.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I just looked at it as my secret adventure. Memorizing exactly how bras were folded, it was truly basic training for situational awareness and critical thinking skills.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!