Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lose Weight for a Better Dress Size?

Lose Weight for a Better Dress Size?

At 6’1”, I’m 234 pounds. When I see a dress that I want, it’s always too small. I’ve decided, I’m going to lose weight. Not for all the normal reasons but in order to be able to slip into a smooth, tight, sheath of a dress. Anyone ever had this feeling before? If only I could shrink my shoe size.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yes, Tammy. Actually, weight loss to improve fem figures is a common discussion matter here.

When I got serious about Sherry's figure I made gradual changes to my diet, drinking, and workouts. Went from 175 to 150 pounds in about 8 months. I'm about 5' 9". That was 9 years ago and I'm still at 150.

My exercize routine went from trenuous, workouts at the gym to an easy set of stretching, core work, and crunches every morning lying on my back. Muscle tone is NOT fem in my book!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have certainly used my dressing and desire for better fitting clothes as a motivator to help keep my diet on track and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who does so.

I did that. I went from 230+ to about 165 so I'd look "right" as me. Interestingly, I did lose about a shoe size and some width -- must have had fat feet.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

yes as a matter of fact I am presently on that journey for the same reasons. 20 lbs down 30 to go. One definate positive of our desires for present well. Oh and if anyone comes up with a diet to shrink feet count me in! I'd pay big money for that info.😊

Include me in. Lost weight (225 to now about 179) to do better in races (marathon, half-marathon, sprint and intermediate triathlons) and to fit into smaller dresses (mostly 14's). Getting into smaller clothes was a big motivator.

Continually. For me, it’s a real challenge, but well worth the efforts, both dress wise and health wise. I’ve been up and down the scale, but have held steady the last few years. Good luck.

Settled down for a few years in the Texas Hill Country
    Had that thought this weekend.
    Lynne

You can friend me at on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lynnesealytx. I don't post often, mainly lurk

Tammy,

I've probably lost 100lbs over the last two years. Primary reason was "My new doctor made me do it" and the accompanying health scare was the initial motivation. However, the side benefits have been very enjoyable and it is what keeps me going to the gym every week. I've gone from a size 22/24 to a size 12. And since I had to update my wardrobe, I've replaced all of my underwear with panties, tanks and camisoles. And I have a nice compliment of color neutral ladies active wear - still too conscious to go with the coral or similar bright top. I actually look decent in a pair of yoga pants and get away with wearing them all of the time. Now, if you figure out how to get my now size 13-13.5 (Non-wide) foot down to an 11 or less, I'll be forever in your debt.

So if that bodycon dress is calling your name, responsibly lose the weight to answer the call. Your body will thank you for it and I'm sure that the dress will look marvelous on you.
    Warmest regards,
    Pamela

I have lost 50 pounds in the past 2 years and have 35 to go. My primary goal is to reach a healthy weight, but it wasn't enough to motivate me consistently. Looking better in a dress, however, does provide the motivation.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    If I didn't have to keep slim to fit my clothes I would certainly be considerably heavier than I am now. I love so many things that are bad for you and it is hard work having to say no to them.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I am at the very upper limit of “normal weight” but my belly says otherwise. It’s the heaviest I’ve been in 10 years. I would be ok right in the middle of the normal weight range but I like to keep in the very low end to look good in dresses. My dress size doesn’t change much because of my male shoulders but I can wear size 4 jeans/skirts when I’m down to my ideal weight.

I've gone from a size 18 dress to size 14 but my shoulders are broad and my chest is barreled, so my desire to wear a size 12 is out of the question.

Aspiring Member
    I have lost more than 30lb since I came out to my wife. I drive her nuts that I would lose weight so I fit in dresses better and not just because I need to. I would like to lose another 30lb, it is just going to take some time.
    Sara

I am also on the weight loss bandwagon. I do not measure my weight but I do monitor my belt fit and I am on the last hole before I need a smaller belt. Best wishes to all of you others who are this weight loss journey. Not easy but certainly worth the effort.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Yes, been there, I an 5' 8" and was 186 and now 135, but I am still a 14-16 dress size It did help my blood pressure I have been loosing weight slow and steady for over a year now; my goal size 12. I am lucky, I wear a size 8 to 9 women's shoe, still big as far as women's shoes but not near the problems that some gurls have here. Take care, Brenda

Just finished at gym. 5' 6" 174.4, used to be 235, so I got that going for me.

check me on this wagon as well. down 20 but over 70 yet to go, maybe more. slow but steady. joined a TOPS group, that helps a lot. (accountability)

I just look at all the outfits I could order...

The smaller size is a perk from weight loss. Which is really a perk for getting healthy and trying to take care of myself. I want to be around for a while longer...and size 8 waist is OK with me.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

I hate all you gurls with smaller feet - it's so damned difficult finding stores that carry 13's without having to go online.

Ah well ...... -hugs everyone-

Aspiring Member
    I try to lose weight but find it really difficult. Strenuous exercise is out of the question due to a back injury, but I do what I can. Would love to shed about 40 pounds, but it's going to take some time. I have some clothes that I would love to get back into.
    With size 9 feet I don't find it too difficult to find shoes by it would be a lot easier if they were 8 or smaller as a lot of womens shoes here in the UK seem to stop at 8.

Platinum Member
    Hi Tammy, I am at 6'0 & 210# and with three closets full I work to keep it there .>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I am currently trying to lose weight too. I am down from 239 to 209 in 4 months and want to get to 185. I use clothes as motivation, do I want the cheeseburger or to fit in that dress. I was tired of my stomach sticking out farther than my forms. I seemed to have plateaued but am rededicating myself. I want see my before and after photos.

I am down more than 25 pounds and expect to loose another 40. It's all about the dress.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".