Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: L'Eggs Pantyhose

L'Eggs Pantyhose

Does anyone remember when L'Eggs pantyhose came in the plastic egg? When they first started in business their sales reps had to go to businesses to get them to purchase the product. All of their sales reps were females (GG). Their sales reps had to wear the product as part of their sales position. A long time ago a man applied for a sales position with them and was turned down because he was not female. He sued L'Eggs for sexual discrimination and won. They told him that he had to wear their product like all of the other sales reps. He shaved his legs and wore their product. His sales were astronomical compared to other sales reps. His sales pitch apparently was "If they can make my legs look this good, imagine what they can do for yours." This would have been a great job for someone that likes wearing pantyhose on a regular basis.
    Deborah

My desire is to create an illusion that is a compliment to all women.
    It is meant to uphold and celebrate their presence and beauty.

I remember the egg It was a sought after prize for many years but unfortunately I wasn't where I am now, emotionally, and obtaining that egg was never possible. If I remember correctly, they mostly contained Legg's every day and those, in my opinion, are their worst line of pantyhose. It's no wonder GG's are turned off to pantyhose. These days they have much better lines, sheer energy is my "go to" pantyhose but it doesn't come in a egg
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

None of them do anymore!

I remember the egg and that guy. Yeah i still wear leggs. and I like music legs also.
    Part Time Girl

Those are what got me hooked! I remember my grandmothers drawer being full of them! I'm still a fan of L'eggs to this day

Good memories...

038.jpg

What a great job that would be to have. To have to shave my legs, wear panty hose and show them off to everyone. A dream come true.

i member and the displays that was also shaped as an egg.Ahh the 80's
    Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/brandiedaniels/

Weren't they the kind Broadway Joe wore in that iconic advertisement?
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Dream job.

I remember the eggs. My sisters all got L'Egg's in their easter baskets. I was always jealous! I luv my sheer energy hose!

Wow, that was a blast from the past. Yes I remember the eggs. I remember No nonsense hose. I remember Hanes.
    But above all, I remember Joe Namath in hose plugging the Beautymist brand.

D

Yeah as much fun as this job would be. I got a feeling they don't have nylons for my short 6 foot 4 legs..

Remember football great Joe Namath in his pitch for L'eggs?

I believe this is the Joe Nameth commercial. Looks like Beautymist didn't come in an Egg'.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JbANHzJttog
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Thanks DelilahGurl for the answer, some times I forget the details, and the you tube from Persephone was the proof in the pudding, thanks. Anyone notice the price $1.69 wow.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I remember all of it, the egg, the slogan, and the Joe Namath add. I loved how tight the shear energy pantyhose were and how good they made my legs look. Thanks for the memories. Brenda

I tried to find out how much joe namath got paid for doing that pantyhose commercial and found no mention of it. Does any one know?
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

This brings back some old memories, thanks for that trip down memory lane. I always wondered if Joe got teased by his team mates for that commercial.

Silver Member
    Don't know what he got for the commercial, but I remember he got the huge sum of $500,000 for signing!

Of course I remember the L'Eggs eggs. Us older crossdressers are quite familiar with them I'm sure. There used to be huge racks of them everywhere. Drug Stores, Supermarkets. etc. Now it is hard to find pantyhose and Nude in Queensize - almost impossible.

Yes,i remember them

I remember them perfectly and Walmart was selling them again for a short time but they were in a little cardboard box. I bought 2 boxes of the energizers and wished I would have bought more, they are thicker and I really feel them on my legs.
    I think if I had that job it would be the only situation that I wouldn't mind takeing my work home with me. It would be a pleasure.

I always liked L'eggs pantyhose just the way they felt on my legs OMG.
    Angie

I used to dream about those little eggs and the treasures they contained within.
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023