Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New to this site and need opinions and thoughts

Banned Read only
    Emmmily,
    I bought pretty and stylish, that's why I waited for the sales. My favourite was Charnos, at one time you could buy whole sets in wonderful colours , I'm sorry you aren't spoiled for choice like that anymore .

Emmmily
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Emmmily,
    I bought pretty and stylish, that's why I waited for the sales. My favourite was Charnos, at one time you could buy whole sets in wonderful colours , I'm sorry you aren't spoiled for choice like that anymore .
    Where are some less expensive panties I can buy but still look great in?

Emmily,
    Google size conversion charts you will find a plethora of charts which will help you convert guy sizes to girl sizes. Once you have that sorted out then a visit to your local shops where you can bet more help if you need it.
    These days all the Sa's are used to guys buying for their GF's or even for themselves so don't be shy go for it.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Emmmily
    Thanks for all the answers! I might be making my first purchase tomorrow! Where are some good places to find cheaper but still cute panties??

Maybe you could try the self check outs.

I am a medium or large, my late wife was an extra large, so when we went shopping for lingerie there was no mistaking who it was for, only every had one SA rise an eyebrow but most were very helpful, even had one lady SA in a VS that was about our age that would suggest thing for me.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I will give this advice there is functional and there is pretty/sexy.
    Pretty /sexy isn't always comfortable because it isn't made for the male body.
    I'n not saying not to experiment with pretty/sexy panties but I thought you should be made aware of that.

Emmmily
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I will give this advice there is functional and there is pretty/sexy.
    Pretty /sexy isn't always comfortable because it isn't made for the male body.
    I'n not saying not to experiment with pretty/sexy panties but I thought you should be made aware of that.
    Thanks! But does anyone know of places that have a selection of both and aren’t super expensive?

Maidenform.co right now 5 for !25. I love their panties , especially the satin and lace . Very comfy and sexy
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Emmmily
    Quote Originally Posted by JocelynJames View Post
    Maidenform.co right now 5 for !25. I love their panties , especially the satin and lace . Very comfy and sexy
    Thanks! I went out today looking and the only deals I could find was on panties that had princesses on them and I’m not sure I’d wear those!

Banned Spammer
    WalMart,Target any big box store will have plenty of brands and styles to chose from.
    Once you get used to and find what works for you venture into a Victoria's Secret store and try some super sexy ones.
    Its all trail and error when it comes to clothes, what might look in the catalog on the model may not look good on you.
    Thats why I go in the stores and try things on first.

Emmmily
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    WalMart,Target any big box store will have plenty of brands and styles to chose from.
    Once you get used to and find what works for you venture into a Victoria's Secret store and try some super sexy ones.
    Its all trail and error when it comes to clothes, what might look in the catalog on the model may not look good on you.
    Thats why I go in the stores and try things on first.
    I went into Walmart today and a lot of there’s were panties that were for adults but had beauty and the beast and tinker bell and stuff on them

When I first started doing it, I would always have some kind of a cover story or stock answer.

If the say, "She'll really like that."

I'll say, "I'm sure she will."

If they say, "Are those for you?" or "They'll look nice on you."

I'll look down and say, "I think you may be right, but they're way too small for me."

They're are so many ways to spin the story.

I found that when I can come up with a deceptive (but true) answer, it give me the power to avoid what might be an embarrassing situation.

My favorite answer, "It's for me, but it's not for me."

That was actually provided to me by a GM cashier at a small town store.

I was shopping with my wife, and I found this bracelet I wanted, but I couldn't figure out how to buy it without my wife seeing me.

When she went to another part of the store, I went to the cashier and paid for it. I asked the cashier not to tell my wife about it, as if it was a surprise for her.

He said, "I get it. It's for you, bit not for you."

It's for me, because I expect to get lucky for buying it for her.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Emmmily
    Thanks everyone! I might be going to buy some tomorrow. I’ll let you all know how it goes!

Banned Spammer
    Just keep looking you will find something I'm sure.

Aspiring Member
    I've been buying nylon panties at Walmart for years. Often they come in a package of 3 to 5. Size wise it's simple, I wear #7. 100% of the time now I use the self check-out. Simple, nobody knows whether I am holding a pair of shorts or a skort. Self check-out is also great for obtaining cash back. Walmart does not charge for that. Haven't used an ATM in years.

Ineke

I usually buy them at the supermarket, just throw them in the basket with everything else. Your parents may wonder why you have a sudden interest in shopping for groceries but might like that you're helping.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Banned Read only
    Hi Emmm, I was a bit nervous buying lady's panties way early on but now sometimes I tell them that I'm buying them for my wife and sometimes I tell them they are all for me because they are so much more comfortable than men's underwear is!

I've got a ton of all kinds of sexy underwear - most of it stretch lace in any style or thongs. You'll never ever catch me in granny panties. It took me about 3 years to phase my wife out of them. I used to throw out a couple pairs of her granny panties per week until all of them were gone and I just kept buying her sexy panties and now she won't wear anything else! Thank God!

I go to JCPenneys, walmart and other stores and if I see some panties or bras that I like I have no problem buying them there. So far I've had no sales person committ on my purchases. The first time I did this I was all nervous, but then I noticed that the sales person just want to make a sale and they don't really care who is buying the merchandise.

Emmmily,

Welcome to this site. I hope you can find help, advice and support here. Look through the old threads and I am sure you will find much of interest.

Your fear of going into a store and purchasing what you want is something we have all faced. But we have all found out that the SA's just want a sale and as long as you are polite and willing to exchange small talk with them, they will help you all you want. Within five minutes of you leaving the store they will probably have forgotten about you and will be focussed on the next task or customer. You don't have a big sign over your head, you are just one of the crowd.

With a waist size of 34 I would guess you are a size 6 in panties/knickers in the US. You don't have to tell them who they are for. They are not interested unless it helps them find the right size.

By all means use online shopping but it is just so joyful to wander through the store and look at and feel the clothing. You are not weird or abnormal. You are just you so hold your head high and go and do it. Your fears will evaporate and you will wonder what you were concerned about.

I wish you all the best. As a young cross dresser you have a lifetime of delights ahead of you so enjoy it.

Emmmily. Are you looking for panties to wear 24/7/365? Are you looking for panties to wear just for a hour or so? You mentioned that you have a 34 waist. A size 7 should fit just fine.
    If you are looking for low priced comfortable all day panties I recommend Hanes micro fiber boyshorts. These are the most comfortable panties that I have worn in 50+ years. They will hug you. They won't pinch and bind nor will the legs stretch out of shape like guys junk does.
    As for what a SA might say. They see guys buying female clothes for themselves every day. Their 1st day has a lesson about helping men buy women's clothing for themselves. I remember when I was a teenager and my g/f at the time outed me to an SA. I was furious for about a half second. The SA said sure we can fit your b/f. That was in the early 70's. Here we are in 2017.
    My wife was in VS last fall buying some bed time thongs for me. She told the SA that she wanted a thong for me. The SA told her where the men's thongs were. My wife no way my husband won't wear men's. W/O batting an eye the SA brought us to the women's thongs.
    The nerves that you are feeling are and will be in your head. Every person here has felt that feeling. Those of us that were shopping for our own women's clothing back in the 60's & 70's and before were breaking the ice.
    If you inform the SA's that you are shopping for yourself they will be more than happy to help you.
    Know your waist measurement in advance.
    Emily, if I can be of any more assistance feel free to pm me here.

@Emily: If you still need sizing info, there is a sizing chart in the shopping sub forum here. It was written in '09, but I would think it's still valid. If there have been any changes since then, they wouldn't be soooo significant.

Also be aware that imports might have different standards for the descriptive measurements like S, M, L, Size N, etc. The numerical measurements, of course, are universal .

- Lydianne.

Go on line hun.
    Angie

I think we all tend to start with the fancy lace or nylon panties but as we start wearing them more and more on a daily basis you just cannot pass up the comfort of cotton. Vanity Fair stores sell wonderful cotton panties that are much more comfortable than men's underwear. They come in three packs of different colors and patterns. Size 8 sems to be the exact equal to a men's waist size 36-38.
    When I first started shopping for women's items investigating the racks was actually more intimidating than the checkout line. Now I find myself out so often it has ceased to be a problem.

Emmmily
    Thanks! The closest stores by me are stuff like Walmart, target, JCPenney, Kohl’s and rue 21. Which one would be the best to go to?