Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to this site and need opinions and thoughts

Any of the above would be fine. I thought you weren’t comfortable buying in person? What changed?

Emmmily
    Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Any of the above would be fine. I thought you weren’t comfortable buying in person? What changed?
    I’m gonna try and be brave today and go for it!

I agree with many of the comments here.

Pretty is nice of course, but if you wear them daily, nothing beats comfort. The skimpier ones at least for me, are not always comfortable I wear boyshorts, bikini and high waist panties usually, but cotton is good for all day wear.

As far as shopping, like Tracii and a few others have said,many places have self checkout if you feel nervous. However most people don't care. Also Christmas and Valentines day are good times to buy if you are using a cashier as many men buy these sort of things during that time of year...and theres always shopping online.

I have a 30" waist and I'm about 140 lbs, so large or a size 8 works for me usually but its different for each person and also depends on the manufacturer.
    Last edited by FrannGurl; 10-07-2017 at 01:42 PM.

I would suggest the sale rack at Kohl's. But there's no self check there!
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I agree. Buy online. Most websites have a generous return policy and sizing is never a real issue.

In 20 or so years of buying panties, sometimes for me, sometimes for the wife, I've only ever gotten 2 comments.

One was from a male cashier he said, "Looks like you're doing the wife's bidding today".

The second was a woman, she said, "Something tells me these aren't for you." I replied, "Actually they are, I find them more comfortable", and smiled, she chuckled slightly and probably thought I was being a wise ass.

So go for it no one really cares, and if someone gives you a dirty look while you're in the aisle just say something like "My wife always does this when I ask if she needs something from the store, she asks for the most embarrassing thing she can think of".

Silver Member
    Em, Nice and inexpensive panties .... go to Ross Dress for Less.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine cd View Post
    I agree. Buy online. Most websites have a generous return policy and sizing is never a real issue.
    Hmmm. Don't know how true that is, as regards returning panties. I would definitely check the vendors' return policy. Often, many of them will accept returns on everything except panties and bathing suits. Check their policies before buying.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Determine what size, color and style you want. Then go into the store with confidence and act like you know what you're doing. No one will notice you. Once you have made the purchase you will feel great. It gets easier the more you do it. After making a purchase I feel fantastic and excited and can't wait to try them on.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeytgtx View Post
    I think we all tend to start with the fancy lace or nylon panties but as we start wearing them more and more on a daily basis you just cannot pass up the comfort of cotton.
    Completely agree, plain cotton panties are great for everyday wear, but I do like the nylon/lacy stuff from time to time, every girl wants to feel sexy once in a while.

For purchasing? Just woman up and go to any place that sells lingerie. Only once did I get laughed at, and that was more than 30 years ago. I've had SAs help me asking me "what size" my wife is, and not flinch one bit when I say "I'm shopping for myself actually, and in most styles I wear a Large". I've had an SA at the cash of a major department store say "you might find those are sized very large and might be too big for you", without me even saying anything first. Thanked her and got a size smaller. I've had SAs compliment me on my choice.

Most SAs haven't said a word other than "hi", "have you found everything you need", and "thank you". They just ring up the purchase and you're on your way. I've also shopped in smaller boutiques. In fact all my recent clothes shopping has been in person, and though in drab or androgynous, made clear it was for me. I've had nothing but kindness and great advice. Just be respectful, neatly groomed, and unobtrusive. Ask, and more that likely, ye shall receive!

I have a 35 inch waist and I wear size 8. Hope this helps.

I can't believe how nervous I was the first time I walked into a JC Penny's lingerie section. These days I'll slide into the shapewear and bra section at Walmart for a quick look without even thinking about it. At this point, after dozens of visits to the girly sections of stores, I'm almost curious what anyone could possibly say about it. So far I'm invisible.