Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Having Shaved Legs - Doesn't your S.O. Notice ? How can your wear shorts ?

Been shaving mine on and off for a few years. SO does not like it much. Took my brother in law fishing this week and I'm sure he noticed but never said anything. My sister in law on the other hand made a comment that i had petty legs.

With a little practice you can get your legs as smooth as your wife's. Yes, she will notice. Regardless of whatever arrangement you have with her, or if she doesn't know, talking to her about it before hand is the way you should go. If you ask permission, don't be surprised if you don't get it. On the other hand, telling her that you will be doing it you at least give her respect enough to tell her, and you don't have try to re walk through a subject at a later time.

My wife has never minded the physical feel of my body shaving. It's the why of it that has bothered her at times. It was never an issue we fought about, it was a later admission on her part it bothered her that I wanted smooth legs for no reason other than just liking it.

Thanks to the culture of athletes that like to wear their pants hanging off of their butt, most men's 'shorts' now fall to or below the knees (look at any NBA player); essentially, men's shorts are 'pedal pushers', 'clam diggers', or 'capri pants'. Add athletic socks, and barely any of the leg is exposed. Few will notice the few inches of bare skin.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Robbie. My wife will complain if I don't shave my legs. I wear shorts and sandals quite often in the heat of summer. Many years ago a PTSD Dr was staring at my freshly shaved legs. I didn't say anything about it, I just glanced down toward my legs and back to the Dr. This happened a couple more times. Dr asked if I shaved my legs. I said yes. Dr asked how often. 2 or 3 times a week minimum. Dr asked why. I told her about Cheryl. Situation was handled.
    Playing basketball many years ago. Another player noticed that I didn't have any arm pit hair. Only remark from him was to ask how my deodorant stayed on w/o hair to cling to. I told him that I used Secret. Nothing more was said.
    There are many reasons that people shave their bodies. They cycle. They SCUBA dive.
    The feeling of having shaved legs is great. I really don't think that you'll have any problem.

I have been shaving my legs for more than 30 years and no one has ever commented about it. I have also been shaving off all of my body hair and have had no issues with it.

Like others have said, it's not that noticeable as I didn't have much body hair to begin with. My legs look worse if I don't shave as the hair just grows in patches.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Aspiring Member
    I'm retired, I wear shorts, with a 5" inseam, all year. Shaved legs, nobody notices. I'm single, so no problem there.

If you want a laugh, check out the body shaver, with an optional extended handle for back shaving. The picture on the box shows a healthy well muscled man, totally shaven, not a hint of hair, including clean armpits. But, advertising necessity, he has a three day beard stubble. Go figure.

Ineke

Agree with Sara Jessica, have never been self conscious about my shaved legs. My wife has had different opinions on that when I started. She just ignores it now. I find i'm more aware of my "farmers tan" and how it looks in a sleeveless dress.

Shaved legs, body, under-arms for longer than I remember. I am an epilator person, it can sting but it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Primrose View Post
    Shaved legs, body, under-arms for longer than I remember. I am an epilator person, it can sting but it is worth it.
    I love the feeling after using the epilator, it's so much better than shaving, I only have one issue, I can't shave or epilate my inner thighs near the top, somehow I keep getting ingrown hairs there so the clippers is as close as it gets, I can live with that but would love to do the whole lot.

My SO knew I crossdressed before I shaved my legs, chest and arm pits. She does not like my chest hair shaved because she liked to run her hand through it. However, despite her preference it is shaved. I epilate and it does feel silky.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

My ex proudly announced one evening when we had friends over for dinner and the talk got round to sartorial elegance when she said all and sundry "he shaves he pubes as well"
    You could have cut the air with a knife! there was some laughter and I replied with something like so what!. The subject soon went onto other things quickly I might add.
    At the same time I kept my leg shaved as well and when wearing shorts nobody ever said anything. These days I think it is a normally accepted thing and not something to wonder and aske about any more.
    Last edited by Bobbi46; 10-08-2017 at 08:05 AM. Reason: extra clarification and addition to the thread
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I shaved my legs for the first time in a long time, due to shorts. So far the wife hasn't said anything, and I don't think she will, even though she is opposed to it. But I almost forgot how nice it feels, especially with lotion on them, and stockings gliding over the softened skin. Oh darn, I forgot to shave my armpits like I was going to do. Oh well, I have to shave the rest of my upper body yet, what I can reach anyway.

I keep my legs shaved 24/7 and wear shorts all summer. My wife knows and is fine with it. Along with arm pits and body hair.And thinking about my arms next.
    Angie

I shave my legs and try to keep them shaved. It's a chore to have to shave them from full growth.
    Frankly, they look better shaved. I keep them lotion so the won't appear dry and scaly from the Colorado air.
    The Wife knows. How can she miss them? No comments one way or the other, and no pressure to let them grow back.
    I wear shorts most of the time on any day above 65 deg. I swim at our public rec center. Shorts are mandatory for yard work or work outs.

However..... legging season is upon us. The legs will remain shaved but likely covered in hose or leggings.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Been shaving my legs for about 6 years now. At 66, my legs are my best feature. When I dress, I love wearing stockings, and I cannot stand not to have smooth freshly-shaved legs....especially when wearing those. The only person to ever notice after I first started shaving, and/or say anything was my daughter. When she remarked about it, before she knew I crossdressed, I just said, "I don't like hairy legs". Not sure she bought it entirely. Later, after she discovered my dressing, she thought it was fine. I wear shorts at work and no one has aver mentioned anything about my hairless legs.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

I am in a DADT relationship too but shave in winter months and wish I did year round as everything gets shaved. epilate my arm.and leg hair to reduce the degree of hair to get by for now.

Amanda

I shaved my legs at summer's end, and, so far, no one has noticed or commented. Of course, at my age, I don't have a lot of hair on them any way, and what there is is grey and sparse. Oh, and by the way, the feeling just after shaving is always fantastic!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Why someone's personal grooming habits are of anyone's concern baffles me. that includes the wife.

Whether people will notice probably depends on how both how hairy you are, and what color your body hair is. I'm lucky on both counts, since my arm and leg hair has always been relatively sparse, and quite blonde. Even if I don't shave my legs/arms for a couple of months, from twelve feet away you cannot see any hair. The husband of one of my cousins is completely opposite, his legs look like someone seeded black grass on them, and I'm sure that if he shaved that people would be commenting from now until the day the next biblical flood occurs.

If it really bothers you, and you're in good physical condition, take up bicycling. Most serious cyclists shave their leagues to prevent infections and promote easier healing when the inevitable road rash crashes occur, and the less hair on the leg the easier it is to massage cramps and knots out of the muscles with stuff like Ben-Gay. In fact, it's kind of a cult fetish among the group, sort of a way of saying, "I'm an athlete and you arnen't" to the run-of-the-mill folks. I was shaving my legs during summer cycling season even before I started dressing seriously.

Living in FL means shorts pretty much all year round. Shaved legs get no more notice than hairy legs here.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

If you take care of your legs, lotion them daily, and do a really good shave then yes, you can get them silky smooth.

Personally I don't have a lot of leg hair to begin with, so shaving them is hardly noticeable to begin with. My SO has never had a problem with my shaving as she prefers me smooth and I have never had anyone notice (OK one but she got shut done quickly lol) that i am shaved completely.

Being completely shaved is an amazing feeling. Your a lot cleaner and clothing, drab or fab, feels a whole lot better. I understand that a lot of you can't shave for whatever reasons but if you get a chance during the cover up months, you'll see what your missing and that might create a whole new beast lol
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 10-08-2017 at 12:46 PM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Shaved legs here all the time. I enjoy the feeling of smooth legs.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I also am blessed with very light hair everywhere except on my chest. I can shave my legs any time and my wife either doesn't notice or doesn't say anything. I do try to trim back the hair on my upper body (arms, stomach, chest) on occasion, but will shave more closely if I am going to be out dressed.

Hi Robbie, I have been shaving my legs, arms, chest hair for years, no one notices, not even my wife, daughter, son or anyone round the pool on holiday.
    If you are not sure, do the bottom part of your legs then, when no one notices do the tops, then continue with arms, arm pits.
    It's a great feeling to have a smooth hairless body.
    Jennie
    Jennie x