Thread: Girls Night Out

Girls Night Out

Last night my roommate and I decided to have a girls night out. We were planning on just grabbing drinks - nothing too fancy, really. BUT she decided to surprise me with tickets to see The New York City Ballet's Nutcracker!! She wanted cheer me up because she knows that I've been down lately. I wasn't even planning on getting dressed up, but we went the full nine yards and got all glammed up and enjoyed the show. And let me tell you, the show was BEAUTIFUL. I was in tears and at the end of the show I turned around and gave my roommate the biggest hug. I'm so happy to have her as a friend. She's so supportive and I hope you all have a friend like her. That all said, I've decided to start taking ballet lessons. If anyone has any advice on where to start, let me know please! I'm hoping it will help me take my mind off things and also get my butt in shape!

That is just so awesome of your roommate to do that. So happy for you that you got and had a awesome time.
    As far as the taking Ballet lessons have fun with that looks way to painful for me.....Lol

Sounds like a great night and a great friend. Congratulations!

Ballet is fun. As a workout, it will kick your butt. I took lessons for a couple of years in my mid-twenties and still do barre exercises (mid-60's now) when I need to limber up. In the New York area you shouldn't have a problem finding instruction.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I'm glad you had such a good time. That's a memory that will always be with you. Good luck with those lessons. There's no way I would try that. I get out of breath just thinking about it.

Sounds like an ideal Xmas outing

Sounds like a great night out! What a great roommate! Best wishes for success with the ballet! I would most likely break something, probably my butt! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't know how old u r, Wasp. But, when I get out my pointe shoes and tutus, at 70, I do A LOT of stretching before trying any fancy dance poses!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I glad that you had a great night out Wasp. Ballet lessons should be easy to get in NY.
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    In the New York area you shouldn't have a problem finding instruction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana44 View Post
    I glad that you had a great night out Wasp. Ballet lessons should be easy to get in NY.
    Easy to find, but omg so expensive! I'm excited though. I've been looking for a great way to workout. I've been doing yoga a lot lately, but hopefully this is a little more active than that!

What a wonderful thought by your room mate, don't let her move out, she seems a gem. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    What a wonderful thought by your room mate, don't let her move out, she seems a gem. :-)
    I’ll try for as long as I can!!