Thread: Out of my element? lol.

Out of my element? lol.

We stopped at the drugstore today to fill a script...While R was doing her thing I was poking through the cosmetics...in drab....(trying to figure out a better shade of foundation than Infallible x08)Lady walks by and says to me, "You seem to be a little.out of place..."
    I looked around and said "Lady, you have no idea...."

R about died laughing...

Good answer Rowan, one time I was shopping for pantyhose, the checkout girl ask me if it was for me:
    I ask her, what do you think? She never said a word
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Hahaha, that's a great response!

🤣
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    That foundation really ties your look together.
    Life is too short to be boring.

I have been wandering around the women's lingerie and have an SA ask me if I am lost? I just turn to her with a confused look and ask, "Isn't this the men's section?"

Gold Member
    Once at "Kohl's" in the check out line, I was buying some things for my Wife and myself.
    The SA was looking at the tags to ring them up when she noticed the different sizes.
    She asked me if I knew that I had multiple sizes there, Yes I knew, I said, I am hoping
    "she" will grow into them. She gave me a weird look and shrugged her shoulders.
    Rader

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Good story, Rowan. I love those encounters. Had a good one yesterday. Stepped into Payless and was instantly greeted by the exuberant sales assistant who was eager to help and gestured me towards the men's section. I let her know that I needed new work shoes and then I wanted to look for something in the women's section. At check out she asked if I found everything OK. As she rang up the new work shoes, I told her there wasn't anything in the women's section that I liked in my size. As she explained that she could order anything for me I let her know that part of the fun was the perfect find while actually out shopping. I complimented her on how Payless SA's are always so trans friendly. The conversation lead to a few pictures of Carla and the usual OMG. I do believe we are becoming more commonplace in certain stores.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Silver Member
    I was in drab grocery shopping in WalMart, yesterday and decided to look for a new red lipstick in the cosmetics section. I stopped at every display, but didn't see anything in the color I wanted. The last stop was at the L'Oreal display. I was looking. A lady was next to me, and I commented to her,"why don't they just put true colors on them instead of giving them names?" She asked me what I was looking for and I said a true red. She started helping me! She picked out one that I had already seen, and liked, and told me that it was about as close to true red as I was likely to find. I agreed, took it and thanked her for her help. She smiled and said she was happy to help!

I often talk with shoppers when I'm looking for pretties of every kind, and have never had a negative experience. Ditto for SAs.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Great response! I had a similar experience. I was at Tesco (UKs biggest supermarket for those who don't know) and in the cosmetics aisle looking at lipsticks and eyeliners. A female SA asked if I needed any help, I just said, no, I'm fine. Her confusion was obvious but she just left me to it.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Some good responses! often depends on the store. Have used the "If they don't fit her, we will return them". Quite often, I carry paper "lists" with me, and if confronted by an SA, can say "I'm supposed to look for thus-and-so while I'm here". Another one that's useful is "We are disabled, and I do the shopping", they see my cane there in the cart-no problems! Toni G..

Jenny, I was in Wally World the other day, and two older ladies were fussing about the pack of pricing on something...so I turned around and showed them to lift the label plates for the price tags....then helped tham match some nail polish and lipstick....neither of them blinked, and were tickled with my selection...I have no idea how I did that with a straight face...in my grotty old shipyard clothes, no less. They were having fun though.

We had a ball in the wig store today....fussing back and forth and making cracks with the other ladies....me with three days growth..lol. One lady tried on a bright red jaw length wig....I said...oh....lemme try it! I flipped it on...and looked in the mirror....and we all cracked up laughing....nope...not that one.

I did score a nice new wig tho.

I am having way too much fun.

Is there a LIKE or LOL button I can press for great stories like this?
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Sounds like she was the one a little out of place..like from the 1950s lol
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Silver Member
    Over the years I've had several responses of note: I had spent a lot of time looking at bras when a woman walked up behind be (she could see my bra through my shirt) and asked me if I wore a bra every day. I said yes, stood up and asked if that was a problem. She said no. I think she may have been security at the store. I was checking out at TJ MAXX when the cashier asked if the bras were for me. I said sure. She said this one will match your eyes.

One little old SA asked if I was looking for my wife. I said no the bra is for me. She started laughing.and said oh your girlfriend? I assured her it was for me but she never did believe me.

Nice stories Rowan and girls.

My funniest was on holiday with my wife, she found a makeup store that she loved and she spent agesssss. I played the immensely patient husband role really well. Whilst daydreaming about how much fun Becky could have there (my Mrs does not know) the SA was really helpful and my wife bought a lot. She says to the SA "Ok I think I am done"... the SA looks at me with a big smile and says "Now its your turn, lets see what your colour is." I had to force myself not to say you don't know how close you are to the truth hun!!!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I've had many comments over years. Buying heels at Payless SA said these are nice and looks like a sturdy heel. I am not a small guy. SA at kohls just told me the dress would look nice on. And a SA Meijer's said I hope those are not for you. I was holding panties. I said no I was going for the ones behind them. Her eyes got big and checks got red. Just a few of them mostly harmless and good natured.

older fellow at a thrift store was looking amusedly at a hideous beaded satin monstrosity of a top...think Liberace with less class....batted my eyelashes at him and told him it would really make his eyes pop....he looked sort of amused....but his wife must have laid an egg the way she cackled at that...which made me bust up laughing...

The folks in that store are starting to think I am a little weird....but they like me...because I buy so much stuff...

Rowan,
    I have just answered another thread along the lines you describe.

I would have loved to have the confidence I have now when I was twenty five.

I would be in so much more trouble. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Lol....me too. It does not help that I am an inveterate smart-ass....