Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Having Shaved Legs - Doesn't your S.O. Notice ? How can your wear shorts ?

Banned Read only
    Me too, shaved legs and pubic and also they are nicely tanned, look great when out wearing women's shorts(mid thigh) and sandles. They pass very nicely and feminine. Bikini panties under shorts really feel nice.

I agree totally Deebra , it just feels and looks
    too good not to
    do it . I think if you keep smooth all
    the time most will get used to it .
    People seem to notice change more than anything .
    Also if they do comment just say you
    have always done it .

JAS

I have a total body wax every few months and in between I use an epilator.
    Two of our women friends have commented that they really like my legs. I walk and cycle a lot and my legs always have a light tan look which suits me. As I write this I am wearing nylon stockings and the feel on bare legs in wonderful. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Shaved legs is a no brainer. It is very, very common and no one cares. Some may comment and then move on and forget all about it. If your SO accepts or tolerates your dressing they will also accept your shaved legs and quickly will get used to it. The only comment will be if your legs are stubbly in bed. Mine have now been shaved for years, I wear shorts 95% of thr time and play golf this way. No one in my men;s club has ever said a thing or has anyone else.

When I started shaving my legs my wife said the same rule that applies to my face applies to my legs. Either keep it shaved or let it grow long enough so it isn't irritating to her skin.

A long time ago, I shaved my legs and my SO told me to stop doing it because it was embarrassing. She's known that I had this "dressing problem" since before we were married. Consequently, anything that I did that is in the feminine column almost immediately drew a "don't do that" response. Oddly, I was never one to wear shorts other than the two or three times a year I would go swimming and I'm not a very hairy person to begin with. As anyone knows who has read my posts, a couple of years ago I had a major health issue that convinced me to loose quite a bit of weight and to stop being terrified about being who I am. Since then, I keep my legs shaved and sometimes wear 5" inseam shorts in the summer. My SO did balk about my new underwear, but I politely pushed back on that and she relented under the "as long as I don't see it" rule. Nothing has been said about shaving. Nor does she say anything about my wearing yoga pants, my longer hair, my longer finger nails or clear polished toe nails, but she did balk at clear gloss on the fingers. I don't know if it is a matter of her not noticing, her actually accepting it, her thinking that I'm insane and will never change, or her not caring anymore.
    Warmest regards,
    Pamela

I shave my entire body, less pubes and head. I wear shorts frequently in public (gym daily). Nobody has ever had a negative reaction that I have noticed.

Aspiring Member
    I'm a high-level cyclist, most of my friends and acquaintances know I'm a high-level cyclist, and nobody has commented or cared, except my wife who's not thrilled with it (as with all things deemed feminine... on me). (for those unaware, competitive cyclists almost always shave their legs).

All body hair goes other than what's on my head. The spots I can't reach, my wife shaves for me. She doesn't like the fact that I crossdress, but she's very supportive. She's probably bought 90% of my clothes, heels, makeup, toys& wigs for me

Aspiring Member
    I shaved my legs 3 weeks ago and my wife has not notice or she just has said anything. I think more of the former. I hate shorts and almost never wear them. I will let the hair back in a few weeks for the winter.
    Sara

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I shaved my mustache and in a matter of minutes my wife noticed, I was then subjected to a through body inspection legs,armpits, belly,and private. I complied only because I had plans and I was not going to let her ruin my evening with her silliness,even though I wanted to shave my legs I let her have this one and shaved my facial hair. I don't understand this,this is my body please let me at least have this! Anyway all she is doing making it easier for me to come out her and if she leaves me, so be it .

Jennifer, If shaving your mustache provoked a full body inspection, my guess is that coming out to her will only confirm what she already knows or, at least, suspects.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Jack-ie, maybe I'm only fooling myself then,I wonder why she hasn't said anything to me?she is very vocal,nosy,and I feel that for her it will be hard to keep quiet about something like this. What would you advise me ?how should I start the talk?what do I have to lose? I have already accepted my femme side and no longer see it as a curse (that's how I felt before). I know that my femme side will not go away,so I guess maybe what's the worst that can happen?this far in.

Ask her if you need to get the gloves and Vaseline so she can do a body cavity search while she's at it. I mean, you COULD have some illegal drugs stashed, or possibly even a weapon ..... The more outrageous your own questions are, the more outrageous her own actions appear to be.

Woman, thy brooketh no crap .... especially from her.

I use Veet on my ares from waist down. No hair on legs for better part of 25 years, and not one person has asked me if I shaved them. I also keep my underarms shaved. No one seems to care about that stuff anymore.

One thing I discovered after keeping my underarms shaved, I have almost no body odor.

A couple of things I thought I would mention. Anyone who thinks their partner doesn't notice, think again. Secondly, most aren't going to ask "if" we shave as it is fairly obvious that we do. Asking why we do is either an obvious answer, like cyclist or swimmer, or an answer they probably don't want to hear, or know what to say and where the convo would go at that point, which would be simply because we like it that way, which there are nowadays plenty of men who are into body shaving and are cis gender hetero. So a lot of people really just don't care, and the ones who do likely just don't want to actually breach the subject anyway.

I asked my wife if it was ok. She didn't care at all. I wear shorts all summer. Most people, including family, don't even notice. Only a few people have asked, in clouding my 13 year old. I say the same thing, I just like it better! That has always been enough!! Own it!

I've been shaving year round for over ten years. My experience is: yes, your SO will notice; yes, you can get them smooth with a razor and no, no one, other than your SO or child, will say anything even if they do notice. I shave daily. If I don't shave for a day or two my SO will grumble about the stubble.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 10-09-2017 at 08:29 PM.

I shave my legs about every other day. If I don't, I get stubble.
    I go to get my legs waxed maybe once a month, IF I can afford it.
    I am no longer married and date men now, but when I was married, my wife didn't seem to notice either way

Aspiring Member
    What a 180 turnaround. In the fifties I traveled through Europe and it was common sight to see young women with hairy legs and arms. Even hairy armpits would show when women reached up to hang on to straps in street cars when standing.

I shave what I can reach now for about five years. Not a single comment, not even from medical personnel or long time friends. I find it freeing, and of course delightful to feel a long skirt against smooth legs.

Ineke

I keep my body shaved as well. It's just like the pierced ears. No one has ever said a thing. I do wear shorts to the office every day during the summer. My hair is long, my ears are pierced, and my legs are shaved. It's simply who I am. No problems here.....

Silver Member
    I have been shaving my body for over 20 years, no one ever bothered me about it.

It is a bit frustrating to see that article linked above, only 22% of women liked a man with smooth legs, and half actively hated it. I often worry I have made myself unattractive to women, I think there may be something to that

It was my wife's idea. I was complaining one day that my legs were itchy. She said, why don't you shave all the hair off. Didn't have to tell me twice, and have been clean ever since, near 10 years now. Of course as things progressed the check arms and everywhere else I have Epilated and have been using a home laser for the last few months. Slow but almost the hair is off my arms and most of the non-gray hair from my face.

It was actually before she new I dressed. If she knew I liked to dress at the time, she may not have suggested it.

I would love to keep my legs smooth, but circumstances don't allow it very often. When I have been able to i have started out with Veet and cleaned up with a sharp razor. I have landed up with lovely smooth legs that feel great for about 3 days and look very sparse for about 3 weeks.

Bizarrely and perhaps showing the signs of strong positive thinking, the hair on my lower legs has been thinning and i now am quite hairless on the bottom third of my calves... wonder how i can spread this phenomenon further.

I have a long time guy friend who never grew any body hair at all, the only hair he has is on his head, he is mid 50's and it has not even thinned at all... so lucky on both counts.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec