Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you spoil your big day ?

I'd be very patient it will pay off in the long run Teresa.
    Angie

Silver Member
    Be patient. The adage "all's well that ends well" is applicable here. Don't burn your drab clothing. Donate to a thrift store that supports a worthy cause. Hugs!

I would try to be patient Teresa but that may depend on the house sale.

A few weeks I am sure you can survive but what if weeks turns into months.

I would say don't drop the house price unless you have to from a financial standpoint
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    I would agree with others, you might as well haNg on in there and not rock the boat.

Teresa,

I suppose that being patient is the best course. Perhaps you should do as Jean suggested and arrange to go away for short breaks. i recommend the Canal Quarter of Manchester where you can stay in a hotel and dress to your heart's content.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sorry, Teresa, I don't get it!? You're not dressing now because you're worrying your SO will ask for a divorce?

But, u intend to dress, "Katy bar the door", after your house sells and u have your own?

Why wouldn't your SO ask for a divorce then, but would now? Since she already has a new house, I'd assume she needs your house to sell more than u do!

You're not dressing now sounds like an excuse or psych issue not based on your actual situation----?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    I'm still in DADT situation, my wife is not going to change but she is prepared to accept our separation is basically down to my need to dress. I still wish to support the family and be there for them , even at this late stage saying the hell with it could upset this balance . I simply asked the question of what other people might do in the same circumstances . She is still trying to apply DADT rules and frighten me by suggesting the bad things that could happen when I finally move into my new home . I have made it clear that new rules will apply based on my preferences not hers .

The only reason she would apply for a divorce is if I find someone else, she thinks that's not possible because of my CDing, she won't want one for two reasons, first is financial and the second is I feel she will still have some control over me.

We will have to live in our current house until it sells , she can't move into her new one because of tax reasons , in other words she is stuck with me and it wouldn't be in my interest to apply for a divorce.

Dressing less or not overdoing is simply because I don't need the negative attitude to sour and spoil my future, we still have to hold it together for the children and grandchildren , I don't want to risk losing that contact, they must remain part of my life . OK some days I could just pack my bags and go in sheer frustration , none of us are getting any younger and the clock is ticking .
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-08-2017 at 07:17 PM.

Hi Teresa,

My situation was similar yet different. After my divorce was final my then ex lived with me for a short while as she waited for her new place to be ready. I chose not to push my being en femme more until she was gone. It just made it easier in the long run. Good luck!
    Hugs, Carole

I would leave well enough alone. Don't push too hard and dress to spite her. You surely can under dress maybe a little to get you by till everything settles.