So here I am on day number 4 of returning home from Montreal where I had my GRS a couple weeks ago..... My journey is finally complete and now as my friends keep reminding me, my true and authentic life can finally begin....☺️

I must say the facilities and staff in Montreal are completely top notch. From the B&B you stay at when you first arrive, to the hospital (that is currently undergoing renovations and expansion) and finally the Recovery Centre where you spend the majority of the time. They work very hard to make you comfortable during your time there.... and don't even get me started on Dr Brassard....what an amazing man (and a cutie to boot☺️)

Unfortunately that's where the good ends, the not so good was having to share this amazing experience with 8 other people that were having the same surgery. From the first day I met them and had dinner with them all the conversations were just so depressing, conversations were dominated by suicide attempts and other bad stuff that they had experienced during the course of their lives. And no matter how hard I tried to sway the conversation they always made their way back to this crap. Just asking how they were in the morning brought on a mini "whine fest".

Then once surgery happened those conversations moved to talk about their new genitals. My roommate discussed her Cliterus more over 8 days then I have ever heard the word said. Then to have to listen to her come up with names of what to call her new genitals. (Finally decided on a Star Trek character...)

So, thank god for the nurses and the support staff, as they were my only source of normalcy during my time there aside from phone calls home to family or friends. I truly don't get how if your going to transition, why you feel the need to focus so much of your energy on the negative stuff. Pick yourself up, brush the mud off, move on and be happy...