Thread: Easy place for a CD'er to be en femme face-to-face for the 1st time?

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar

Easy place for a CD'er to be en femme face-to-face for the 1st time?

Earlier tonight I had a total craving for some sort of mocha coffee. Granted, I don't drink it that much, and typically it's cold, store-bought stuff... of which I currently didn't have any on-hand.

So I looked online (Dunkin' Donuts, of course, given my location ) for the closest place that was still open this late & had a drive-thru.

Bit of a drive for me, but that's fine. Coffee was still piping-hot when I got back home.

Yes, I was in guy-mode -- in a head-to-toe GG outfit, LOL. At best, the GG at the window may have quickly seen part of my leggings (the most femmy aspect), judging by the height/angle of the window. I really didn't care either way... and I doubt she would, either.

But then it dawned on me: What better place for an inexperienced CD'er to have a quick, easy, face-to-face en-femme interaction with a stranger, than at a drive-thru coffee place??

Yes, I know you could always do fast-food (bad, calories... BAD! ). And I actually did that as my 1st time, years ago. However, I probably also really lucked-out, as it was a really cool & accepting middle-aged GG at the window. Suppose it would have been an immature, obnoxious male teen -- with a couple of his equally immature & obnoxious teenaged male co-workers right nearby? Not saying they wouldn't be professional about it... But *if* there was a slight issue, odds are it would be with that demographic?

Besides, even a professional, neutral response (from the above) might potentially still not hold a candle to the possibility of a much warmer, positive & personal, more welcoming & accommodating experience with a GG at the window.

I dunno about your neck of the woods, but whenever I do the coffee drive-thru thing, it's *always* been friendly GG's serving me -- at least in their 20's, at that.

Something to consider for the newbies, who are looking to take baby-steps?

Also, suggestions for other places/experiences for them?

I visit my local donut shop Sunday mornings around 7 . Always in drab but leggings and usually a sports bra with a white T-shirt and work boots. I always go inside. When I open the door the 3 girls at the counter immediately look at my legs and never make any comments or smirks. Not sure what they say when I leave.

There was a few times when I would be going home from a drive and I will pick up my wife a coffee or ice cream from a drive-thru and not to totally undress I will only cover my upper body and leave my skirt or slip totally exsposed. The first time I did it I never realized the bright light they have at the pick up window, my white slip was glowing like a bright light bulb. And another time I covered my upper body but didn't notice my pearl necklace was showing and the young girl at the window told me she like my necklace and what name brand it was.
    Most times there to busy to look in your car and even if they do I have never had anyone react strangly, but you are right it is good baby steps.

I love getting up early and getting fully dressed and driving to the local McDonalds for a morning cup of coffee. Most of the time they are simply too busy notice some old guy dressed up as a woman. As I do not have a feminine voice I am not going to fool anyone, but have always been treated respectfully.

Yes, the drive throughs at pretty much anywhere. Donut shops are good, BK, McDonalds, Taco Bell, etc.. Even places where they have curbside pickup, as long as I don't have to get out of the car (Outback, UNO's, and a few Chinese restaurants in my area.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I guess that's a good way to get your sea legs. Don't worry too much, no one cares and if they do, why do you.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    One of my first drive thru experiences was a Backyard burger location where a GG I knew managed the place.
    I would go there at least once a week in guy mode on my way to work.I would go to work around 1:00pm so it was after lunch time.
    This one Saturday I went in same time in 100% girl mode.
    Placed my usual order in my girl voice and she said that will be $5.50 at the window.
    I pull up and she doesn't recognize me and says OMG ma'am this so weird there is a guy that has the same kind of car and orders the same thing you did,
    I looked at her and in my male voice said really? that is weird.
    Then she smiled and said hey you were telling the truth when you said you dress in womens clothes sometimes. I thought you were kidding.
    She demanded I park outside so she could come take a look so I did.
    We are still great friends.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-09-2017 at 05:15 PM.

This is a good topic I have been considering doing the same thing I have never been out dressed but want to so bad the closest I have ever done was do a two hour drive in heels skinny jeans a leopard print top and breast forms underneath with women's sunglasses I guess if someone looked in they would have seen I was a guy

When I was a teenager I took a drive on the Kennedy to the tri-state. I was wearing a turtle neck body suit, pantyhose, bra with birdseed boobs, Daisy Dukes (don't think they had a name at the time) and heels. Worst experience at a toll plaza was a GG leaned in, asked for my hand then complimented me on my nails and asked where I had them done. I told her that my g/f did them. Another noticed my pantyhose and said that I had nice legs.
    When I got home I was so scared yet so turned on. The duality of a boy en femme.

Yes I have done it and never had a problem. It is likely that nobody will care one way or anther if you are dressed.
    Part Time Girl

Silver Member
    I found a salon for a pedi or manicure, makeup application...is a great place. Safe and usually pretty with great conversation.

Funny you mention a DRIVE UP because it reminded me of my first outing where I interacted with a stranger. I arranged to get a makeup application, my human hair wigs set and styled and a pedicure at a salon in a strip mall. I arrived dressed but no makeup but as I waited, a sweet senior lady chatted with me. Then had a great time getting all the pampering done (makeup first, so I looked the part better). I even had other clients share a few words or a complement. All done I head out, sadly toward home and the need to change. But first I decide to get a DD coffee. I sue my only voice at the speaker and when I pull up the young lady is instantly confused, my image doesn't match the voice. She hesitates and turns to, a woman who I'm guessing was a manager and asks for help. I rather quickly realize her what her issue is, so in the matching voice say "That is mine, hazelnut with cream." She took my money and said thank you, sir/maam...
    So if you use the drive up make the voice kinda match.

My rankings for really good Sugar-free French Vanilla Iced Coffee:
    1) McDonald's! Great Iced Coffee, lousy burgers. Great price/value.
    2) Dunkin' Donuts. Almost #1 but McDonald's is better.
    3) Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Not bad, but maybe local to southern California.
    4) Starbucks. Worst overpriced Coffee. Bletch!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    It seems that every Saturday morning there's only enough milk left for the first wake-up cup. I enjoy this while I'm taking advantage of the Carla time I've been anticipating all week. I get up at 3:30 am every morning for this splendid time when the house is quiet and I can be myself. My wife has never questioned if I went out dressed to get milk. On this most recent outing, there were two clerks at Seven-Eleven. I have no issues just walking in and making my purchase. Generally, everyone is polite and it's a non-event. I noticed as I got back in the car the female clerk turned to her partner and did that eye roll thing. I wonder if she realized that I was having so much fun just doing a mundane task. Oh, they're pretty used to seeing everything at all hours in this 27/7 party town.

5360p.JPG

And another time last summer.

1587p.JPG
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I am a total closet case with the bonus of DADT. I went to a local quicky mart and bought a pack of cigarettes, used my femme voice, the clerk didn't miss a beat, just gave me the cigarettes and off I went; a sale is a sale. By the way I was totally clocked on the way out, the young lady actually stopped and gave the dear in the headlights look. I just got in my car and went off the the park for a lunchtime walk. Brenda

Another place, if you are worried about reaction, is larger gatherings or conventions like Keystone or Erie Gala. There will be a large number of others like you in attendance. Some of these gatherings even have classes for those making their public debute. I would take a strong look at Keystone as I am familiar with the classes and services offered for first time out with others. They have big sisters that will get you out of the hotel room and interacting with others. http://www.keystone-conference.org/
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I went out for the first time last year at a techno/edm concert right before Halloween with my wife, she loves techno music and suggested I dress. We had a blast, most everyone was dressed up for Halloween and no one said a word to me except for a lot of women hitting on me,and there was maybe 5000 people there. I feel it is a great place to venture out for a newbie, being that many of the guys at these types of concerts are dressed semi girlish anyway.

One of the very first places that I spent out was to a friendly wig shop in the area. I arranged by email to make an appointment during some quiet time in her day. She also had a backroom area where I could try on wigs without being in the public area. Also if a client does come in you are generally all in wig caps so your short hair is not really an issue. Most women shopping for a wig have been quite friendly to me. In fact, the last time I was in for a fitting was out in the public area chatting with the other girls. One lady had a strange look as we chatted but didn't say anything. The owner explained to her after I left that I was not a GG and suddenly all the pieces fit.

Silver Member
    I've done several drive-thru jaunts totally en femme. The first time, scared to death, but no problem. Once, a very pretty GG said, "have a nice day, beautiful." made my day! The last time, ordered in my male voice and at the pay / pickup window, with sunglasses on and full nails, spoke in my male voice all the time, smiled, received a smile and left, Again, no problem. Easy? Now, yes!