Thread: Searching for a sense of community

Searching for a sense of community

Hey, it's been a while since I've posted or shared anything in here. I've been checking in from time to time, but haven't contributed anything. Life has been getting in the way I guess. Lately, I have been really yearning for a sense of community and belonging. I've gone thru so much in the past few years and haven't really been able to share it with anyone that I know will truly understand. So I'm hoping to be more present here and share in all of your experiences, and share mine too!

Here is the short version of what's been going on with me. Divorced, was alone, then found new love and remarried! Came out to my wife, and with her help, started coming out to friends and family, including my sister!!

Anyway, hope to be sharing more details and stories soon! I'm hoping I can also share my experiences with all of you who have similar stories!

Thanks for taking the time to read!! Patti.
    Ummm...yeah...what Shania said.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/57310119@N04/

Wow, you certainly have had a lot going on! Welcome back and I for one look forward to seeing what you want to share here.

Elizabeth

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Welcome back and sharing is what we do best.

Welcome Back - Patti!

I have only been on here a short while, but have found the experience to be so informative and welcoming! Everyone here is so nice but doesn't sugar coat things either. Just really good people! It certainly sounds like you have been through a lot and hopefully this group will bring you some peace, looking forward to hearing more about you and your experiences, especially coming out to your family, my wife and I are still working on that too. It is so wonderful to have a SO that gets it!

Good Luck!

Mattea

Welcome back, lots of good advice. It may not always be what you want to hear but it comes from the heart and from experience.

Welcome back Patti, Thanks for updating us and take care of yourself.
    Part Time Girl

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    If you'd prefer, we can sugar-coat things, but you have to check that box on your profile page.

Welcome back gorgeous, or if you prefer, where the hell have you been and what time do you call this?

Nikki
    I used to have a short attention spa

This is the most supportive community I have ever run across! Welcome back and thanks for sharing! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I just hate it when life gets in the way of living on the internet. Wait! Reverse that. It sounds like you took the time off and it's been working in your favor and you are creating a real, meaningful community right there in your home. Please stick around and share because even thought we all prefer to offer our great advise and learned opinions, we always benefit even more from the positive stories our sisters share in this forum.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Hi Patti,

Congratulations on the marriage, and sharing this part of you with her. Having that support at home is a blessing, and it's cool that you told your sister as well. I did the same thing a couple of years ago, and it's only made us closer. Welcome back! Kim

There used to be a big T community in Philadelphia.

Plus, you're not that far from the Raven weekends. I've never made it, but their supposed to be great.

Plus, you not far from Bethlehem where Amanda Rich has her makeover business. Not cheap, but the best value fir the dollar ever.

Oh, and don't forget the Keystone Conference in Harrisburg this March. Over 500 girls just like you.

PM me if you want any more info, or just post back here.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 01-16-2018 at 10:16 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    I have been really yearning for a sense of community and belonging
    I totally feel you there. I love it here, don't get me wrong, but I wish there was a secret cross dressing society in my area or something, instead of just secret militias and klan meetings.

Patti, look upon this as another home. Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    I just hate it when life gets in the way of living on the internet. Wait! Reverse that. It sounds like you took the time off and it's been working in your favor and you are creating a real, meaningful community right there in your home.
    You are so right Sarah!! I've been offline but neglecting my fem side! Need to find balance! Thanks for the perspective tho!!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    There use to be a big T community in Philadelphia.
    You are right Steffens! Philly is a great town for the T community! I've have been lucky enough to be out in it too! Lately have been out of the scene and looking to reconnect!! I'll pm you for more info!! Thx!

You can always come back here.It's a great group of friends here. You told a lovely story of your life.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Hi Patti, good to see your pretty face again.

I'm a little puzzled that you yearn for a sense of community when you've found such acceptance from your friends and family, especially your sister? Don't you have that sisters-together feeling with her, which I've experienced with close female friends?

Welcome back and I hope you find what you're looking for.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Welcome back, Patti. I guess as I am a newbie. Looks like you are actually on your way. With your new wife's acceptance and help. In coming out to friends and family. In returning here. I have found support in the just the few days I have been here. I am out to just a few people, my wife & Daughters, my boss, and the one I work with closely. He doesn't care one way or the other, as long as he gets his ball to chew and a cookie now and again.
    I am hoping to grow, share, and learn also.

Kelsey

Banned Read only
    Patti,
    Good to see you back and read that your life has come together so well, thanks for bringing us up to date .

Hey Patti! Nice to see another girl from Philly on here I’m glad things are going well for you, welcome back!

~ Let’s go Flyers!!

Hi Patti, the internet is of course no substitute for real life in many ways, but I think we get a great sense of community and belonging by being part of this forum.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Hi Patti. I’m not too far outside Philly myself

Patti, Wow love all your pictures so adorable. Happy to hear of your wife’s acceptance, you are a true inspiration to me.