Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: At peace soon.

Alice, many others have said so many great things. For me, when things get crazy, I just think of my plan B. I have never had to use it, never come real close, but should I ever find I fall off the rails completely, then I'll just go live quietly enjoy the simplest of things, probably in a small town in nevada, I will probably drink too much, and gamble at the penny slots, probably in a dress or some other form of women's clothing, and I truly won't give a damn about anything. One thing I know I won't ever do is give in to life. It may be the only control I have, but I would be defiant and say NO! you are not going to break me down to where I tap out of life.

I am not suggesting you do this, any of this of what I would do. I only hope you find the same sentiment in your own way not to give in and tap out. Whatever my end is, it will be met with me fighting. Fighting to live on. Should it be old age and illness, I will fight that too. I am now, as I find myself now at middle age, or so they say I am. I will live forever until I die. PLease be good to yourself, look for joy. You gave someone something, an animal for someone to love. We all have that ability to be good and do good. Best of luck finding better days, they are out there, and sometimes when we can't find a good road to travel on, we need to build our own.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Alice,
    There is always hope, hope for something better, hope for a new start. You just have to generate more hope within yourself do that and good hope for the future I am sure will be there for you, keep fighting for that hope and you will have hope within your grasp to hold and to keep and to use for the future, keep fighting for yourself and you will get there.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Though dressing up is against my religion, i still ask for help from a Higher Power, as in the 12 step programs. One day at a time. Easy does it. This too shall pass. Let go. Stop listening to that comittee in my head and voices of others who don;t understand. All this hell of this life is temporary like a passing shower. A lot of you have suffered even worse things what i have. Mental and emotional illness i have had ALL my life. Not just a recent thing. I have to accept i have this and the dressing thing. Won't go away until the next world.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 10-14-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Alice,
    Life is wonderful and all the darker things you speak of can be put aside by changing your lifestyle, just tweak it a little each day and things should improve.

There are enough encouraging posts here for you to ponder over.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

With bipolar and a few other disorders, l overthink a lot. My sister is in a nursing home until Oct 21 in physical therapy. Giving her beagle, which was tearing her place up, and stressing me out was a good thing to do. It has a good home now, and even though my sister is upset, it is best. I am recovering from the nervous breakdown, even got dolled up today. I am on better terms with my brother now. Thanks for all the concern to all of you.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Yeah getting that dog out of the house was the best thing you could do for it and the house, and really everyone else too, good call!

Hi Alice
    I am fairly new here and although I don't always post , I read from others here as we are all going through different things

I was outed and divorced by my wife.
    She told everyone about me including my mother, even showing her pictures of me.
    I lost my marriage, job, home and she also took my retirement .
    I wanted to end it all. The police even came to my house when I mentioned to my ex that I was tired and felt I had no reason to go on.
    I was lonely and alone and looked to alcohol, pot and cocaine to dull the pain.
    It took over 8 years to finally feel alive again and accept myself.
    Its something I wouldn't wish on anyone, and you are not alone.
    Everyones struggle is different and I was glad that I didn't go through with it.
    Is my life perfect now?
    No, but I now have a boyfriend , I accept who I am, but still not fully out
    Stay strong, appreciate the little things and if you care to chat I would be glad to hear from you