Alice, many others have said so many great things. For me, when things get crazy, I just think of my plan B. I have never had to use it, never come real close, but should I ever find I fall off the rails completely, then I'll just go live quietly enjoy the simplest of things, probably in a small town in nevada, I will probably drink too much, and gamble at the penny slots, probably in a dress or some other form of women's clothing, and I truly won't give a damn about anything. One thing I know I won't ever do is give in to life. It may be the only control I have, but I would be defiant and say NO! you are not going to break me down to where I tap out of life.

I am not suggesting you do this, any of this of what I would do. I only hope you find the same sentiment in your own way not to give in and tap out. Whatever my end is, it will be met with me fighting. Fighting to live on. Should it be old age and illness, I will fight that too. I am now, as I find myself now at middle age, or so they say I am. I will live forever until I die. PLease be good to yourself, look for joy. You gave someone something, an animal for someone to love. We all have that ability to be good and do good. Best of luck finding better days, they are out there, and sometimes when we can't find a good road to travel on, we need to build our own.