Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you not know that gg went threw until you started dressing

What did you not know that gg went threw until you started dressing

Confusing title i know but i will give an example..
    I did not know How warm knee boots tights and a skirt/dress can be.
    How when wearing a skirt/dress and heels you have to take smaller steps.Not my normal guy stride
    How you feet slide inside your boots when wearing hose.
    How when in heels there is a big difference between walking inside you house and outside.
    When in heels and breasts (mine are rice in stocking)how i better posture.
    How my heels will sink in grass or gravel.
    anyone else?
    Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/brandiedaniels/

What I didn't know.

I didn't know how long it took to decide what to wear for the day. Guy mode - jeans and t-shirt, Andreanna mode - give me another 20 minutes while I stand looking in the closet and wondering, skirt? dress? pants? Oh god, I don't have anything to wear.

It takes soooooo much longer to get ready to go out (but I enjoy every minute of it although maybe not if I had to do it everyday)

Aspiring Member
    I have a better understanding of why my wife has 40 pairs of black shoes.
    Sara

Continually having to adjust bra straps, and the frustrations of dealing with womens sizing in buying clothes.

Banned Read only
    Hooking a bra from the back and adjusting the straps, also how different bras feel different. How it feels when on, the good and the bad of D breasts.
    As Brandi said the difference in short walks in your house on carpet in heels verses long walks on hard floors in the mall. And as she said walking in heels and balance with D boobs make you have better posture, this definitely makes you feel feminine.
    How much you appreciate the feeling of being shaved, soft panties, tight girl jeans and walking dressed like this in heels.

So few posts and they have hit so many. How a pencil skirt cuts short your stride. How long it takes for me to pick out an outfit, and how many I tried on in the mirror before settling on what I wanted to wear. How long it takes to put on my makeup. How hard it is to walk in 4" strappy sandals that are a half size to big. What to do with my hands when walking or standing. Trying to do anything with fake nails, even "active" length. How much stuff I wanted in my purse. How many more people look at you when wearing a dress or skirt when most (all) GGs are wearing jeans and flats. Where to go for a walk so I don't stand out too much. How hard it is to go down stairs in heals. I have to stop. Thanks for asking, this was fun Brenda

Two things come to mind right away. First is sitting in dresses and skirts. Keeping legs together or crossed requires he use of another set of ab muscles, I wasn't used to using. My tummy was sore for the first few days when I started out. Walking in heels was an adjustment but, I started out in 4-1/2" heels instead of something a bit lower. Starting in a lower heel would have been smarter but, I love they way my legs and butt look in them! : )

Finding a chair or seat the right height for the heels I'm wearing so my feet don't go to sleep or knees hurt. Using enough makeup to fix things but not so much I look like a clown. Bending or stopping to pick something up. Hurrying to do anything with heels on- I get why they kick them off. The exhausting routine of makeup removal at bedtime along with tooth brushing and contact cleaning .
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Standing in front of a full closet and not finding something to wear. How hard it is to match a printed skirt to the right top. And why you can't go out the door in the first thing you put on. Being all dressed looking in the mirror, thinking this is not going to work. Now changing without messing up your hair and makeup.

I learned why my wife is always the first to start dressing and the last one out the door to the car.
    Why she hates wearing heels except to church or funerals.
    How long a makeup session is for me and how proficient a GG can become.
    I was surprised by all the steps it takes to have your makeup perfect in your own eyes.
    How frustrating a runner can be when you just opened a new package of hose and this was the first time you were putting them on.
    I love my heels but I still don't know how GG walk in them all day.

That you still wear a short dress/skirt no matter how cold it is because it looks cute. Typing/texting or using an ATM with long nails. How expensive it is to be a girl! And like almost everyone's said, how much longer it takes to get ready.

I learned that male privilege really is a thing -- and female-appearing people don't have any.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

You need to take smaller steps when wearing high heels – the higher the heel, the smaller the step.
    Walking on carpet or rougher surfaces like concrete are easier that smooth tile floors. Your heels will sink in when walking in the grass or on gravel. Stairs are also a challenge to go down.
    Hooking a bra behind you and having the straps adjusted properly, especially if you are well endowed. Having it and any other lingerie sized properly.
    I thought it was a fallacy that women in a long skirt would be warmer than those in pants but I was wrong. The body heat from each leg flows back and forth creating warmth without a barrier.
    Sitting in dresses or skirts and having to keep your legs together. Also having to adjust how you sit because of them and the heels you are wearing.
    Bending down to pick something up off the floor in a lady like manner.
    Wearing the proper amount of makeup without looking like a clown or a hooker and how long it can take to do it right.
    Doing anything with longer fingernails like typing, texting, or using an ATM.
    How much stuff you need to put into a purse to have what you need especially since you don’t have pockets to hide stuff in.
    How many more people look at a lady wearing a dress or skirt with any kind of heels than one in pants or shorts, especially when so many are wearing jeans and flats.
    Changing your clothes without messing up your makeup or hairstyle.
    Deborah

My desire is to create an illusion that is a compliment to all women.
    It is meant to uphold and celebrate their presence and beauty.

Well, Umm - Yeah! Or should I say "Duh!?" All of the above, and then some, of course.

Isn't that the whole point of our crossdressing - to share in female life experiences (both good and bad) that are foreign to most of the "dude" population, but that we gender non-conforming types are curious about...unlike the rest of our brethren?

Of course, the flip side to this is that the non-acceptance (and sometimes downright hostility) that some of our wives and SO's direct towards our crossdressing is likely rooted in part to not wanting to have us encroach on "girl world" and be privy to some of those secrets...kind of like trying to maintain the feminine mystique and not wanting the divulge the "secret handshake" that only bonafide members of a select group share to the exclusion of outsiders.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Learning that there is an up side to being male, as well as a down side. Also learning that there is an up side to being a female, as well as a down side. The thing is to find the happy medium, which would vary from CD'er to CD'er. I tend to blend to my mood what I enjoy about both sides as a result of learning what I now know.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

When wearing heels;

Learning just how difficult it is to get up off a low sofa or chair.
    That you have to squat to pick something up you've dropped on the floor and the strain getting up puts on your knees.
    Making sure when walking on decking you keep your heel out of the gaps.

Other things;
    How the wind is your worst enemy if you've long hair.
    How skillful you need to be to hitch up a skirt/dress and lower everything else just to pee... And then put it all back without laddering your hose so you look good to go.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I’ve been cross dressing so long and observing women so long that there wasn’t much that surprised me. Grass and sinking heels caught me off guard the first time I did it.

I learned much of what I know from my mom. Often times I would eavesdrop whenever she talked to her friends about makeup, clothing and everything else female. As I grew older and got involved with/ lived with other women. I found out that there’s a different way to put on a bra and put on make up.

I found out that having big boobs can be strain on your neck and your back.

Catcalling is not annoying. It’s down right scary.

I’m sure there are others but that’s all I can think of for now.

My wife and I went to a private club event at Halloween a few years back. It was entitled a "Pimp and Ho" dance. Guess who went as the Ho....the 4 inch heals were beautifully glittered in silver as was the dress. This is when I found out how much my calves didn't like spiked heels!

I admire a woman (or CD) who can take this pain long enough to get comfortable in wearing them.

Here’s another thing that I just thought of and goes along with what Joyce said. I never understood why older women stop wearing super high heels. The older I get the harder it is to wear 4” stilettos.

I’ve developed super strong calves from wearing and walking in heels over the years.

I started early, so I was flying blind with no knowledge of what women go through. Over the years, I have an understanding of pretty much everything that's been shared.

This is an awesome thread!

"OMG, why did you have to get such a low sports car?? Everyone will be looking up my skirt when I get out!!"

"Did that guy just look up my skirt???"

"How the $@&€ does my wife drive in 4" heels??"

"No, dear, I'm checking the vanity mirror to make sure my mascara isn't smeared .... what do you mean I just checked two minutes ago?"

"Eeps!" >>[grabbing for skirt on a windy day]<<

"Honey, now I know why you ask if your butt looks too big in those jeans ... mine does!!!"

"YOU said you wanted an hourglass figure, so suck it in, cupcake!"
    >>[insert sound effects of weak gasping breaths and creaking corset leather here]<<
    Last edited by Kayliedaskope; 10-11-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Pretty much everything already said.!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Gold Member
    Why my wife always hated to put on pantie-hose.
    Rader

How it feels to be watched intensely as you walk past a group of builders.

(I must have got everything right that day)
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations