Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What did you not know that gg went threw until you started dressing

Platinum Member
    When I do my guy laundry it's really simple. White tee shirts and shorts in one load. Everything else in another. Presto! Done. The female stuff? Got to read the labels. Hand wash. Hang dry. Dry with low heat. Dry on flat surface. Hand wash hosiery. Hand wash lingerie. Ironing? Cool iron. This reminds me I have to go wash my panties.

I just finished doing my weekly laundry. Stephanie is absolutely right. I think it takes longer to do my laundry than dress. My hose are alive! Always all tangled up. What temperature both to wash and dry? Wrap in a towel. How much soap? My wife hangs her bras...so do I. Actually, I enjoy doing my laundry. Of course, I have to dress...seem appropriate.

Just how uncomfortable lingerie can be.

Don't get me wrong, a pair of silky nylon panties can be divine. I love putting on a slip or a nightie as well.

But wearing a bra and a garter belt and stockings for an entire day - things get very warm and after a number of hours the sexy feeling wears off.

Last week I missed a movie because I couldn't decide on what to wear.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LizL View Post
    Just how uncomfortable lingerie can be.

Don't get me wrong, a pair of silky nylon panties can be divine. I love putting on a slip or a nightie as well.

But wearing a bra and a garter belt and stockings for an entire day - things get very warm and after a number of hours the sexy feeling wears off.
    Hi Liz , No one ever said that being a lady was going to be easy,
    It is like when a hobby becomes a job then the fun goes out of it. >Orchid......

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Hi Brandi , I have been in this program for about 71years now and I guess that I just learned by doing everything as I go.>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hi Orchid..I believe we all at first learned as we went because we did not want to our secret out.
    This thread has been an interesting read.Shows we are all in this together and experiencing the same things
    Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/brandiedaniels/

Keeping lingerie clean takes work!

Clothing almost always looks better on the hanger than my body.

Getting dressed to go out can actually be a lot of fun, a guy just throws something on
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Yep......
    It takes practice to be a woman. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just about everything.

Eyeliner can be a serious PITA

Gravel Driveways WILL tear up a good pair of heels

Makeup is expensive.

In girl mode I am more conscious of ensuring that colours match. Skirt and top, necklace and dress, shoes and skirt, etc. Etc.
    And it really can take ages to get ready.

The time to get the makeup right...and the skills to get the makeup right...
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

Going over a speed bump, even with a bra.

At first it was putting on eyeliner, although I'm pretty good with it after all these years.

Trying to walk in high heels, almost killed myself.

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    Using the bathroom while wearing a floor length gown, LOL hard to remain ladylike in that scenario.
    Hugs
    Samantha

For long hair how you untangle it and wad of hair to trash. Every day and I found out that girls with long hair have that same problem.
    Part Time Girl

I've come to understand how hard it is to dress as a woman. The worst time is spent in doing makeup and preparing one's hair.
    I've never been able to get the part right in my hair.

I never realised how difficult it is to fasten the crotch of a pantie corselette when you have boobs . Its much more difficult to see what youre doing ,LOL.

Aspiring Member
    For me it's the, what I can only really call, engineering that goes into some of the clothes. Also, something that always amuses me is that ladies clothes always have an indication as to which side is the back, because sometimes it's not immediately clear :-) :-) :-)

Reality Check
    Having lived with various "GGs" for fifty years or more, there's nothing I didn't know.
    Krisi

Silver Member
    Looking in the mirror and thinking, my face is fat. The same face in dude mode that doesn't seem fat. Fixing my hair, and trying different looks. Are barrettes really that hard to do. On a wig, you bet. Nails, yes, chipping a freshly coated nail argh. The nervousness of vunerability.

Pat mentioned the loss of male privileged, and being subjected to it, and while there is truth in that, for me this experience has also occurred even in male mode. I think there is a pecking order to that, and even males are subjected to it, even the ones that become alphas. We were all young once, and few are born as alphas. And do not forget, there are certainly alpha females out there as well, so even in the female experience subjugation to privileged is not consistent or as universal.
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 10-21-2017 at 08:12 AM.

Aspiring Member
    ...what I didn't know? Many of the things everyone has already expressed plus the bare minimum beauty lotions, potions etc. that are required for the face and body. There are facial cleansers, moisturizers, and so forth.
    Also, I like the benefits of carry a handbag.