Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why/What???

Let's give more examples why do some poeple like ridding motorcycles and some don't? Why rodent everyone like pizza? Why rodent everyone do what ever It rodent matter what the question the answer will be they same. Everyone is different. We all have different experiences think different thoughts try different things like some of them don't like others. There is no other answer. There was an event or series of events that led you to do something and you liked it so you kept doing it, what ever it is.

The desire to cross dress came naturally. As if I have two personalities, one male that is dominant and one female. I dress for my female personality. When dressed I am female. I don't understand it, but over the years accept it. We all have similarities, yet we are all different. Accept who you are and enjoy life.

Why not stopping with digging into why/what????. Just get on with life, enjoy what you are doing and stop bothering over why/what?. If everybody thought like that all the time asking the reasons for why and what they would all have heart attacks with the stress of asking all the time and going round in circles.
    We are what we are there's no denying it, we all have accepted we are differently wired compared the muggles. Isn't that reason enough to just on get on with life?
    I see no reason to keep searching for another answer that has been out there all the time. Accept what you have got and move on.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I am going to side with most of the others here, why and what is probably different for most of us, and does it really matter? If I had the answers to those I wouldn't be working for a living. Take care, Brenda

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm so pass the why/what era. That was so 'back in my teens' ago. One of the conclusions I've arrived at in my seasoned age is that I enjoy expressing both genders and sometimes something in between. And this only works in a gender defining society. It's a wonderful gift and a life enhancement that needs to be enjoyed and appreciated. These questions always sound like the pitiful 'why me?' cry. Someday maybe you'll achieve the 'Oh! And I'm also a gender explorer!" part of maturity.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

There are also women out there who hate wearing dresses or makeup and are very cool in my book .Do what makes you happy just do not hurt anyone else or your self .Acceptance is key in the end
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

The answer is simple: either you like doing it, or you don't. If you're here in this forum, you obviously do. As to why, pick a reason that sounds good to you and makes sense, and go with that answer.

I have given thought to why I started wearing women's clothing, and in my mind it was because I was curious, is there a deeper reason, maybe so, but I am not worried about why. I enjoy wearing female clothing, which is why I continue to do it. I know that sounds like a very simple reason, but it is the way I feel about it.

Banned Read only
    I like my post and thread and stand by them. Some should really try to understand what the post and thread are saying. For those that said don't worry, question or ask what/why you wouldn't do very well at Harvard University or MIT where they want you to use your brain and think, ask what and why and research to find answers and we are better off when questions are answered. Rather than so much quick negativity why not start using your brain and try to come up with some good answers?

My original purpose for going to a Therapist was find out WHY. Her first question to me was why not?? I'm well past the WHY and now I am enjoying a turbulent life has a partially out cross dresser. In my humble estimation, if there is a cause it may be undiscoverable, and if there is a WHY............Why not!
    Lace and Smiles,
    Lisa

Banned Read only
    I've toyed with this question for too many years. Unlike some of this forum I did not have a sister, female cousin, mother, aunt or other female relative who forced me to dress up in female clothes. I had no female playmates. I was all tumble and get in trouble little boy. I do see a therapist/counselor for PTSD issues related to war experiences. In our conversations about life in general she is of the opinion that every man and woman has some degree of dna of the opposite sex. In some it is stronger and it manifests itself in other ways. If that was a correct analysis that would probably explain just about all sexual identity issues.

Since nobody on this site knows the real me here's a proposition to consider. When my family moved from my maternal grandparent's home after World War II to an apartment I was three years old. I can remember some things around the move. Because space was limited at grandma's house...my father, mother, brother and I shared one large bedroom in an old Victorian house....my brother and I shared our new bedroom and was still in cribs. Later we each got twin size beds.

At some point around four or five I started to get images in my mind of myself as a young woman laying dead in a snow bank. The image was bloody. The image of this young woman was only clad in a white slip and undergarments. No dress or heels. I still can see that image. It has been etched in my mind. For the life of me I've mulled over through the years, where did that image come from. I did not read newspapers. We did not have a television. Back in the early 1950's homicides in New York City were a rare event and usually were family related.

It was only until my wife started watching television shows on the subject of "past life regression" that I started to ponder if there was something or someone influencing my behavior. If you have read some of my posts I have stated my first interest in women's clothing was my mother's white nylon slips that she hanged on a clothesline in our apartment. There was no sexual component. I never heard of sex until later in life. I often wonder if there had been a young woman sharing her memories. Frankly, "past life experiences" makes as much sense as anything else.

Why? Thats changed so much over the years. I belive if i can remember correctly it begain around age 8 or so with my cousins panties, we are both the same age. Then it was because hers were so much prettier then mine.

As i grew older thru my teen years it took on a sexual aspect. The feel of the nylons, the pretty bra's and outfits i would wear. The high heels were wonderfull.

Well im 63 now and if asked Why? simple answer is because its allways felt right to me. Its who i am. I know when i wake up in the morning in my nightgown and my polished nails hit the floor, im happy. I dont think of Why much anymore. So thats my Why today... ask tomorrow it might be different

Banned Read only
    But Lindaa wouldn't you like to know why? Football players now know that if they bang heads for 30 years to make mega bucks in the NFL they are going to have brain injuries and be punch drunk in their later years because autopsies and research have proven this. It's been proven smoking causes lung cancer. As CDers wouldn't all of like to know why we do this? Suppose it was proven a part of our brain was more female than other males, we were born this way, that is why we are CD's. Wouldn't this educate the public towards acceptance and normalize CDing and make it better for us. For those that bury their brain in the sand and say don't ask why, just do it I have to think they just follow others through life never questioning or changing things to make them better.

Whether I ever find out the WHY is not going to stop me from crossdressing but it would be nice to know and BTW CDing is much safer than football or smoking. However a tight underwire bra, panties, shoes and using a credit card when girl shopping can pose a problem.

Please don't think my reply frivolous or trite Deebra. For me the "WHY" is quite simple...because I enjoy so many things about crossdressing. I fish and ride motorcycles for the very same reason...because I enjoy so many things about doing them. It matters not to me that many in society understand the enjoyment I get from fishing or motorcycling, but not the enjoyment I get from crossdressing. It's not about them, it's about me. I'm an adventurer, I enjoy overcoming challenges, the freedom of expression, the rush of being involved, the satisfaction of reaching a personal goal. Perhaps it's because of all these other characteristics I have, that I crossdress.

Karen

The first time I remember wearing anything female was when I was very young and my mom didn't make it to the laundromat and I wore a pair of her panties for the day. Being a latch key kid afterwards I had the opportunity to try on more of her lingerie. Also I thought my mom was a good looking lady, so maybe it's a bit of wanting to be a bit like her.
    Who's to say if I didn't enjoy wearing the panties if I would be what I am today. I don't really care about the why any more. Now it's more of how far do I want to go down the rabbit hole.

My parents fought violently when i was little, and i always took my mom's side. I was the baby of the family. My dad was alcoholic, too. My first items were about age 13 trying on my sisters bathing suit, then pantyhose and i would get aroused and release. Then, my mom's nylons, then my sisters dress. Then i felt so guilty, that i quit for years. I was always timid around girls, especially pretty ones. I felt inferior to them , too. They seemed so off limits top me, yet some were so beautiful. I was cut off from girls, and even in high school was afraid to approach a pretty one.. I think i wanted to see what it was like to dress like a pretty woman, and "be her" for a while and feel like one, and feel sexy and attractive.. I was aroused by my sexy reflection in the mirror, and used a towel on my head as a wig. I dated some in my late 20[s and thirties and early 40's but was always too poor or emotionally sick to marry. At age 51, I bought my first dress, heels, wig, make up, lipstick, etc. I still feel that pretty women are off limits for me, and i can never attain one, so i become the long tall lovely lady i dreamed of, and were off limits all my life. Low self worth, and mental problems do not help. But, as much as i admire leggy gorgeous women, i have come to realize that even beautiful women have tempers, and pass gas, and poop, too. Worshiping them was a huge mistake, and nothing is uglier to me, than a woman enraged, and furious, or in an ugly attitude. Both sexes and genders can be no fun to be around.

Platinum Member
    Hi Deebra, I started at a very early age and it just felt wonderful although I didn't know why at the time.>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Deebra in the end what difference does it make?
    You enjoy it ,it is part of your being you aren't going to stop.
    I understand your thirst for knowledge and having closure of sorts but if you wonder how and search for answers who's to say when you find answers that you won't keep searching because you aren't sure if the answers you found were concrete positive proof of why.
    It will be a constant source of anxiety will it not?
    Its kind of like the person that goes to school gets a degree then on to grad school, get a masters then goes back to school for a doctorate.
    You have all that paper saying how smart you are but have you really found the answer you seek and will you ever be satisfied?
    I have a friend that went to MIT and he may know a lot about quantum mechanics but he can't change a spare tire on his car or even knows how to ask a girl out on a date hell he doesn't know how to wash his own clothes.
    Sooo with all his paper proving how smart he is he really isn't all that smart is he?
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-15-2017 at 11:45 AM.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I have written this before on another thread,"if you didn't enjoy doing it, you would have stopped a long time ago". Why do many start, to see if they would enjoy it, it might be fun! Those that did enjoy kept doing it and so crossdressers.com was created.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    It was different and I wanted to try stuff on.
    I'm not really fem-minded when I'm dressed up.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Banned Read only
    Traci G I agree with your last sentence, book smart, very little common sense and how to get along in life. My wife works around a lot of grad school degrees and she also says they are dumb as a box of rocks. They also have their own Mutual Admiration Society". They think they are above the working man. Of course not all PhD's are like this, sorry for saying this about the one's that aren't.

Banned Spammer
    I have a Niece that graduated from a very prestigious university in Virginia and majored in anthropology and like her Dad (my brother) love to boast about their education to make themselves seem superior to others.
    She mentions on FB all the time about getting ready to enter grad school which is fine and she should go because it will forward her career.
    She tries to stump people with questions about prehistoric animals and the eras they lived in.
    She has yet to stump me and I always answer via private message and she is astounded I actually know the answers.
    When asked why I don't answer on her FB post and I said I am not into trying to prove my intelligence to others and trying to impress anyone, I said I don't have a huge ego to feed.
    I'm sure my answer has passed over her head but in time she hopefully will understand life isn't about how smart or better you think you are than regular people.
    Education is a fine thing don't get me wrong but in your quest for knowledge don't forget you are not better than other people.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-15-2017 at 01:27 AM.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    There is a difference between knowledge and wisdom! Knowledge is gathered information, while wisdom is applying the information properly. There is a lot of knowledge out there, the problem is that there is very little wisdom! That can be the problem with why/what questions, generalized questions that look for specific answers can lead people in wrong directions.
    We need the serenity to change the things we can, accept the things we can't and have the wisdom to know the difference. This might explain purging and then buying everything back again. I had attempted to change (stop dressing/purging) many times, then I started to accept myself. I haven't purged in over 15 years and I am a better person for it. It's really about clothes and how maybe some of us can obsess about them. In the end it is just clothing, so don't let some one else and their obsession bother you. I'm talking about simple CD'ing at this point, not transition.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Banned Read only
    Truly smart people of all occupations appreciate the knowledge of others. Maybe the cardiovascular surgeon just didn't have the mechanical ability to be an electrician or plumber and he found what he was best suited for was fixing hearts and saving lives. Hopefully when his plumbing stops up or lights go out and he doesn't have a clue he appreciates the knowledge and skill these two craftsman have to help him out. And when they have a heat attack they appreciate him. And if all three are crossdressers they would like to know WHY/WHAT, now what in the heck is wrong with that. Answer, NOTHING.

Banned Spammer
    Being smart or intelligent is relative it just depends on where you are at the time when knowledge is needed.