Thread: Another woman being honest .

Banned Read only

Another woman being honest .

I have a thread running in Shopping section about some nice clothes I bought from a charity shop and trying on some heels .

The heels were defective because one of the buckle pins was missing I decided to leave them because they are almost 5" and the colour is fuchsia pink .

So when I arrived home after the shopping trip I tried on one of the skirts with a blouse I'd bought to match , I had my forms in and slipped on some black court shoes . I have to say even without makeup or wig the outfit did look very nice.

I popped into the shop the next day to see what the lovely SA was going to do with the heels, she replied that all she could do was bin them , so I put some money in the RSPCA charity box and she gave me them.

I then told how good the outfits looked at home , asked her not to take this comment the wrong way but a guy really shouldn't look that good in women's clothes . Her expression changed and she looked me straight in the eye and said, " Listen to me , I had so many emotions when I saw you trying those clothes on . First I couldn't believe how good you looked and how well they fitted your figure and then I became seriously jealous because you took size 10 and 12 skirts off the rack and just slipped them on , I would so like to wear clothes like that but can't because of my large rear end and thighs !"( she actually has a very good figure ) . I reassured her that she would look far better than me , she smiled at that but wasn't convinced .

This is similar to a comment a GG made before when I commented on lower padding , she gave a similar reply by saying what makes you think we want to carry that extra baggage around with us !

OK so I'm making several points here, first none of this can happen unless you are out in public, if you are in a DADT situation you may never get a true and honest answer from your wife/partner on how you look. My wife varies between thinking I'll look a stupid idiot or a wrinkled up old grandma ! Even though she's never seen me.

The other point is we do look better than we think, providing we chose the right clothes for our figure, we don't need to give ourselves huge boobs and then balance it up with a load of lower padding , try and keep it as natural as possible , women mostly love trim figures and shapely legs and often struggle very hard to achieve it , as we know from the money made from dieting regimes .

I've attached a picture of the heels , goodness knows when I'm going to wear them and with what outfit, first I have to fix the buckle pin .

Ah Teresa, a women after my own heart. I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about those and like you would have had to gone back to retrieve them. Good for you. Since they were going to go in the bin, you have saved them and made the world a little greener, or should that be a little pinker! Nonetheless, you seem to be quite a resourceful woman and I suspect you will fix that buckle and be strutting those somewhere in short order. They are quite pretty and I would not mind having those myself. Alas, I too would have no place to wear them since I am not out, but damn they would look good in my house, and I would manage to match them up with the proper attire. Come to think of it, I have a small purse (handbag) that would match right up with that color. I remember buying the purse at a thrift shop because I liked the color so much.

Hi Teresa,

First let me say I LOVE those shoes! I hope you find somewhere to wear them.

Secondly, I understand your point. My wife has only seen thumbnail pictures of me dressed and at that I had no makeup and a small goatee yet she is still convinced I look bad fully done up. However I have been out a number of times and have been told by several people who know me as Elizabeth that I look decent and carry myself well. Maybe someday my wife will see me all done up and I'll hopefully hear her honest opinion.

Elizabeth

Platinum Member
    Some observations. First, one may encounter women who are more accepting of men who wear women's clothing. Even as a total stranger walking into a Catherine's (plus size) one day totally in male mode. Clean. Presentable. I could have been shopping for my wife. I was looking for a certain slip. You'd think an alien had landed or Viking hoards had landed to ravage the local women. And, there was an elderly man in the shop hanging around because he was accompanying his wife. That encounter suggested the two saleswomen would have hit the panic button if a cross dresser en femme had walked in. On the flip side there was an interview in the local television media several years ago of a shop specifically encouraging cross dresser to come into the shop.

As to the presentation. Yes, if you appear in age appropriate attire and have a figure that compliments the attire, you may get approval. That's assuming the saleswoman can get past the fact you're really a man in a dress. I will agree with her that most women do not think excess baggage is appealing. I do not see many women dressed to enhance that image unless they are hooked up to a man who wants his woman to be plus size. My sister-in-law's husband was constantly nagging her to put on the pounds. He likes his women totally overweight, not even pleasingly plumb.

I do agree with you that crossdressers do not have to pad themselves to look attractive. However, I think they may be acting out their view of a desirable female shape. If one reads the latest information on the typical/average woman's dress size these days, it's not the Barbie doll look. And, proper deportment when presenting as a woman certainly has an effect on acceptability. You may be the best dressed person in the crowd, but, whether a woman or a man in the dress the effect can be totally lost due to bad behavior and lack of grace.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't need feedback, because I have mirrors and dress to suit myself.

However, I've been hearing about some T girls in our group. They were offended to be referred to with male pronouns by SA's and others when out. I guess some people DO need feedback, Teresa! Because these T girls r obviously men or very masculine looking females. And, either ignore their mirrors at home or r totally deluded at what they see in them!

Apparently not all of us, "----look better than we think we do"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    I didn't expect the straight honest answer, especially as I was only dressed suitably on my lower half, OK she has seen my pictures as in my avatar .
    The point I made and the one she appreciated was the right clothes selected for the right shape can look very acceptable despite the gender wearing them.
    I persuaded her to try the shoes on she just couldn't move in them , she is a wide fit 7 and the shoes were 8, I walked around the shop in them wearing stockings and the black Coast skirt , that's when she just gave me a WOW and told me I had to buy it .

I intend to go back to her shop when I'm fully out she said she can't wait !

The point I made was looking good in the right clothes for the right figure, how many glossy magazines keep preaching that theme . How to cover and disguise problem areas and enhance your assets !

Stephanie,
    I had the frosty treatment from 2 SAs and left the best of friends , eventually they ignored other customers which was sightly embarrassing . In that situation I made it clear exactly what I was looking for without any hesitation which they picked up .

I'm not acting out my desirable shape , I'm trying to dress as natural as possible with the shape I have , there really isn't that much extra in my bra , the rest is all me .
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-12-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Love the heels and I'll bet you can walk in them. Just one foot in front of the other. I really like the color. Get the buckle fixed and let's see them on you all dressed up.

Hi Teresa, love the shoes the straps give it a nice look, I know you will find the right outfit to wear with.Look forward to a pic. be safe Karrin

Lovely heels! It would be nice to see you totally dressed and wearing them! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I would have loved to wear those shoes, even if the height of those heels would have left me tripping about. The color is alluring and makes me think of several outfits that could enhance them.

Teresa. Love those heels. Any cobbler should be able to fix the buckle in a very short time.
    It is great to read of another great experience. I remember shopping back in the late 60's early 70's. I was so scared back then I could barely walk in sneakers. Now a SA asks if she can help, I say yes I am shopping for me. Worst experience would be, we don't carry that in your size. In the 80's SA's would ask us to make an appointment. Now they respond with something like that changing room is open if you want to try those on. SA's are taught on their first day of training to expect cross dressers and to treat us well.

Banned Read only
    Teresa I've been trying to get that message across in my posts, a lot of the times it's rejected and then the responders take it off in a whole new direction. What I have said is take a nice slim young man similar in build to a nice slim young woman and they both dress appropriately in identical women's clothes the results being he could look very close in appearance to her and much nicer than dressed in male clothes so what's wrong with that? Even if he wanted to use breast forms because he liked the feminine look what's wrong with that. Both he and the young woman look pretty much equally nice. And as you said when dressed like this a lot of women are accepting and encouraging. You just have to get out to experience it. I have had women when they saw me wearing heeled girl boots and boot cut girl jeans quickly come over and start talking to me saying they liked the female clothes on me, saw nothing wrong with me wearing them and wanted to bond with me and became exceptionally friendly. Was my wearing women's clothes a sexual turn on for them, I don't know but it most definitely was something they liked.

Wonderful post, thank you. I love the shoes, I am not sure if I can wear heals that high but you can bet I would try. Please post a picture of you in your outfit. Thanks again, Brenda

Banned Read only
    Deebra,
    You've just reminded me of last year's Xmas party, I danced most of the night with other guy's wives well they propped up the bar, they appeared to be reluctant to let me sit down, would that have happened in male mode ? Maybe the occasional dance but not all night , the conversation was very much girl talk , about heels and outfits .

Is it suggestively sexual to them or are forgetting I'm a guy and feel safe dancing with me dressed ?

Judging by the comments I don't appear to have a choice but find an outfit to go with the shoes , I'll see what I can do !

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Deebra and Teresa, I have also found it easy to bond with women on occasion when dressed. I believe it has to do with their curiosity of meeting a man in a dress. And/or feeling a more of commonality with men dressed that way.

We r less threatening dressed and there isn't the sexual tension between them and us. Because few have any interest in us as partners in my experience!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Teresa, yes I think you are starting to get it. You don't need all the padding or oversized tits. Most GGs would rather have a thin fit body. One of my good friends went in for a Brest reduction yesterday. I'm always wearing cute things and heels . A couple of my friends (GGs) call me skinny B_____. It's in fun they are both big girls, not that over weight, but close to 6' and big chested. The only padding I wear is a padded pushup bra. You'll see things differently once you have been living life as Teresa.
    Love Jean

Banned Read only
    Jean,
    I've always tried to keep my look as natural as possible, not because I'm a lazy CDer . I again admit I'm fortunate to have a reasonable figure that is easy to dress. As you say it's going to make going out full time that much easier .

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Was my wearing women's clothes a sexual turn on for them, I don't know but it most definitely was something they liked.
    Ironically, I suspect that almost the opposite is in play here. (maybe a GG can confirm or deny what I"m about to say...)

Since you're dressed feminine, I think that the 'other' women see you in a more feminine light, and as less of a threat. They probably don't feel the need to be on the defensive from 'just another guy trying to get into her pants' (well at least not in the same sense ) They can relax and chat without having to think everything you say is some kind of a come-on, and actually get to know you a bit.

Besides - you and they can share fashion ideas and tips with each other - something most men have no idea about.

I suspect that sexual turn-on is usually the furthest thing from their minds right then.

Banned Read only
    SaraLin,
    Maybe that is nearer the truth.
    Again going back to last years Xmas party I was sitting on a table near the bar and slipped my heels off for a few moments, a pretty blond I'd been dancing with me came and sat near me, she said me too ! and slipped her heels off , so I went off to the bar in stocking feet and bought her a drink . Those moments can never happen in male mode , we chatted for a while about how nice each other looked and then she tried my shoes on , they were a higher heel than hers so she wanted to know how they felt .

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I dig the heels.
    They look a little to pointed for me personally, but they're still pretty cool.

And that's awesome about the SA being honest.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Banned Read only
    Alice,
    They are comfortable but very high for me , I joked with the SA when putting them if she had a step ladder so I could reach them !

For all who are interested the heels are fixed, I made a pin out of a chrome key ring , now to find something to wear with them and somewhere special to go !

I must agree with you Teresa about the trim taught terrific look.

I do a "B" cup in a bra and wear size 16 girls jeans, I get more comments about these clothes than if I wear something more matronly..... :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    ...................we don't need to give ourselves huge boobs and then balance it up with a load of lower padding , try and keep it as natural as possible..............
    I know what you're saying and as skinny as I am, I can pull off the boyish girl look any time I want. Which is NEVER! I see very few perfectly proportioned women out in the wild. And my enjoyment is usually a compliment to which ever look or outfit is my desire at the time. And I've come to the conclusion that the closest I'll get to truly passing is from ten feet away in a moment in motion. It's probably more like, "That woman walks like a man. It is a man!" So I've just figured out to dress in a manner that satisfies ME. Which is usually endowed. Because that's my needful thing. Just like the fuchsia shoes that you had to have. I can't wait to see the outfit you create around those so they don't enter the room first. (Don't get me wrong. They're fabulous!) Here's a balanced look that is generous for top and bottom because it is what I like after being a clothes hanger in male mode. I'm just a touch of makeup away from a full day of just blending in unless under close scrutiny.

5370p.JPG
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Read only
    Carla,
    In those heels no one will walk like a man !!

No jeans for me only skirts or dresses, it's going to make walking the dog interesting !

The important point is I feel comfortable being out like that I guess that's all that matters .