Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daughters text.

Karen, Honesty is the best route. I have found that the younger generations are far more accepting. My 28 year old daughter teaches yoga and dances in a company. The other day, she video chatted with me and I forgot that my nils were polished. He comment was,"Way to bend gender norms, Dad". Anyway, honesty is fair for the both of you. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

BTW, my daughter is coming to visit next week. I think I may be coming out to her. Shall we compare notes?

I think regardless of whether or not her reasons for wanting to come live with you are financial or emotional, as long as it is mutually acceptable to both of you, that's all that matters. As others have said, being in ballet makes it likely that she has familiarity with and acceptance of men who engage in traditionally feminine activities/and or appearance, and the lgbt community. It may turn out to be a case of two lovely lady roommates. Wouldn't that be nice?
    Like a lady

Gracious Colleague looking_good's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Race1999 View Post
    I would say, allow her in, but let her know its not a long term arrangement, if it was me.
    In my experience, this is the most important issue. And it means at some point you may to enforce it, which could be very, very hard.

A much smaller second boundary could be some 'alone time' where your home is yours and only yours - Saturday and Sunday afternoons? Saturday afternoon and evening? You don't necessarily have to explain why.
    Simply an avid clothing enthusiast...