Thread: Wife more accepting?

Wife more accepting?

My wife has become more accepting of me dressing up. I don't do it everyday (except for panties) I only dress a couple times a week.

As I stated in an earlier post when we were on vacation while we were driving she didn't mind me wearing a bra and my breast forms, and I fully enjoyed the entire drive.

Today I am wearing a dress and when she got up she didn't give me the normal look of disgust of me wearing a dress. She has stated she doesn't mind anything I wear except she does not like seeing me in a dress. Normally it doesn't matter if she just woke up or has been awake for several hours, the look she gives me when I am in a dress is not a pretty sight.

Yesterday I was dressed in drab, but I had a smaller bra (36B) on with some home made breast forms. I had suggested I get KFC and bring it back home and she said that sounded good. I took out the breast forms but left the bra on. When I got back the first thing I did was put the forms back into my bra. She asked "You didn't have your boobs in when you went to pick up the KFC?" I said no, she wasn't mad that I had left my bra on, I think she just wanted to make sure I was sticking out. It was a cool night so I did have a light jacket on.

Proving yet again the fickleness and inconsistency of our wives and SO's when it comes to acceptance/non-acceptance of our crossdressing...

So your wife had a problem (up to now - maybe?) with you wearing dresses in her presence, and yet she seemed surprised (and presumably supportive of) you wearing breastforms when out in public and otherwise in drab. Hmmm...the logic here is questionable, to say the least.

And yet - maybe your wife has a hidden agenda here. Maybe she was hoping that you'd actually have worn those breastforms out in public, had someone mock and humiliate you for that, and maybe - just maybe - have that become a trigger for you to stop all this crossdressing "nonsense".

You may want to rethink that "Happilymarriedguy" part and wait for the second shoe to drop, which it inevitably will. As someone much wiser than ourselves once said: "It ain't over till it's over". Just sayin'...

Banned Read only
    Your wife may just internally shaking her head and figuring her situation is hopeless. Because she did not give you a look of disapproval or voice disapproval does not mean she is becoming more accepting. I recently read an article concerning the destruction of the mental image of a husband with just the knowledge a husband is wearing women's clothing without actually seeing a husband en femme. It maybe your wife will not voice disapproval as you inch forward with more feminine articles of clothing added. I am assuming you wore a bra and panty under the dress. What will happen if you add hosiery and heels? Followed by makeup and wig? The answer is you do not know until you do it. Then there may be no recovery.

One discussion on the forum which constantly arises is acceptance vs non acceptance. If a wife truly loves her husband she would accept anything he does to express his true inner feelings? The flip side is he wouldn't do this form of expression if he truly loved me because that's not the person I imagine in my life.

Did you ever have a serious sit down discussion concerning why your wife expresses her disapproval with both verbal and non verbal communication?

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    You may want to rethink that "Happilymarriedguy" part and wait for the second shoe to drop, which it inevitably will. As someone much wiser than ourselves once said: "It ain't over till it's over". Just sayin'...

I was hoping for support, but now I wonder what is going to happen next.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    What will happen if you add hosiery and heels? Followed by makeup and wig? The answer is you do not know until you do it. Then there may be no recovery.

Did you ever have a serious sit down discussion concerning why your wife expresses her disapproval with both verbal and non verbal communication?

I already wear hosiery (thigh high stockings) and occasionally heels. She was even with me when I got the heels. And she has never said anything bad about either one.

The only time I have worn make-up is when she has put it on me, and I have no desire to get a wig.

We have had discussions about my dressing. She has told me it is okay as long as I don't do it everyday. We have never really discussed her non verbal communications. I have told her about her facial expressions on occasion but that is about it.
    Last edited by Steph_CD_62; 12-03-2017 at 05:05 PM.

From what you describe, it sounds like you are on the right track as far as communication goes. If what she did bothers you, why not chat about it? There could be nothing behind what happened, but if there is, wouldn't it be better to get it out into the open?

Good luck!

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Happilymarriedguy View Post
    I was hoping for support, but now I wonder what is going to happen next.
    We're a very diverse forum and you'll get all kinds of answers. Some folks can find the dark lining in any silver cloud and some will tell you life is all unicorns and rainbows. Everyone is sincere and replies in good faith with their best answer but only you are in the room with your wife. You know better than anyone here the tone of her voice and the body language, etc. Don't let unexpected replies shake you, just accept them and see if they contain something you hadn't thought of before. That actually is support.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Hi Happily married guy

You are very lucky to have such a wife that will put on your makeup and let you go out.
    My wife and I have a great relationship but no dressing involved don't ask and I sure as hell don't tell
    She knows I dress and has seen my clothes. but we do shop together for her not me. As I am always encouraging her to get something for her.
    One thing if your wife doesn't like dresses on you try a skirt and see how that fly's
    One real quick question though why no wig it would take you from being happily married guy to a fantastic looking married guy and yes I did take out the happily as your wife probably wouldn't like it but you would look great your choice.

leann
    Last edited by LeannS; 12-04-2017 at 10:21 AM.
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

OK, I'm confused. Breast forms and KFC in the same discussion. Are you using breasts for breast forms? ha!

Certain breast enhancers are called "chicken cutlets" but we mustn't take this too literally.

I think keeping the communications line open is what will keep the dressing happening. Also she wanted you to stick out in public? Or you took the forms out so your breast weren't sticking out in public. Maybe I'm misreading your post.
    Lol at what Nicole said.

"Honey, I bought some chicken cutlets."

"Okay, drop them in your bra and let's order a pizza."

"You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie