Thread: Back from family obligation trip.

Back from family obligation trip.

As some of you know. I transitioned awhile ago.
    I just arrived back home from Boston where I attended a barmitzvah of a family member. This side of my family is orthodox. I was not sure how I would be received along with my wife at the affair. Since I wanted to simple blend in with all the other woman. I made several phone calls to family as to what they planned to wear to both the services and reception. I followed the information given, long skirt and blouse, plain, that covered shoulders etc. light make-up hair basically simple also. Ok I went to the beauty parlor early before the services.
    Once there I found that nothing was said nor even hinted about. My wife and I simple sat with all the other woman for the three hours of religious services. Everyone talked to us. I felt like just another one of the woman pushed to the side so that the men could run and do the entire service. Yes, woman are not treated the same as men. After the services ther was time to go back to the hotel and change into a nice dress.
    Finally arriving at the reception, all the woman basically sat together on one side of the room. The food was ok I had a salad and chicken. The woman danced with the woman, men with the men. A few woman danced with there husbands but that was more the exception.
    The barmitzvah boy was delightful as were his friends. I never felt more accepted as a woman.
    I have been to several family parties before and there was always someone who was trying to tell me how I was so brave to become a woman or other some such nonsense. This time, with this part of the family , I was simply just another woman. No comments about anything. My wife suggested it was because I was simply just being a woman not trying to be a transexual living as a woman . Complicated emotions over this vacation with the family.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

A very perceptive comment By your wife. Being a transsexual living as a woman sets you apart from the group. Be a woman in a group of women and you are a part of the group.

Mazel Tov!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).