Thread: Strange Coincidence

Strange Coincidence

I had something happened to me that totally threw my day off. It wasn't serious but very odd.

So I've been on this forum on and off all day on my phone, checking Kimmys emails and such, while at the office. So I'm sitting at my desk staring into my monitor when my cell rings. It's a number I don't recognize but I answer it. "Hello" I say in my normal guy voice. A nice woman responds with "may I speak with Kim?" I couldn't really hear her so I asked her who again. "Kim? Kimberly" I was floored.

I had been calling male to female transformation places lately. My heart was pounding thinking one of them decided to call me back!! I told her to please hold and I walked to my car. I responded in my lighter feminine tone. "Hi this is Kimberly". She replied with "it doesn't sound like her..". I asked her what the last name she was looking for and said one other than mine. It was the wrong number!! Omg I was so worried!!

Has this ever happened to anybody else? Strange coincidence for sure
    Ladies & Gentlemen, HER. 💋🌸💗

Never happened to me but being closeted I keep the femme me separate from the drab me. Having said that if I got a call for Fiona I would completely freak out.

In retrospect that is pretty funny, Kimmy, but it must have been heartstopping at the time.
    My funny momment -- my spouse and I were in the ladies' room at a restaurant. She finished first, called to me that she was leaving, and went out. A little while later, as I was washing my hands, a lady came out of a stall, looked oddly at me, and said, "Are you Barbara?"
    With no idea when the heck this was about I said, "Yes?"
    She broke into a smile. "Oh, good! I'm Barbara also, and I couldn't imagine why some strange lady was telling me she was going back to the table!"
    We both laughed as we dried out hands.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I just deleted a bunch of replies to this thread for being off-topic. I know they were entered with good intentions but they really failed to have anything to do with the OP.

The question in the OP, as I understand it, is did you ever get a call that was coincidentally directed to someone with your femme name. Let's not drift into telemarketing (unless they call looking for her) or targeted advertising or computer tips. Thanks.
    Last edited by Pat; 10-18-2017 at 09:34 AM.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

With a common name like Beverley, I have had a few wrong numbers.

Fortunately those that may ring me do have "distinctive" voices.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Kimmy,
    Slightly scary, but what a coincidence !

I have some fun with call centres when they ask for my wife , asking to speak to Mrs. *******, I don't change my voice but reply yes speaking , most go quite and then hang up, one young guy totally ignored it and continued with his sale patter .

You have to make the sale Teresa! LOL!

Banned Read only
    Kimmy,
    This has just reminded me of a Xmas card , it ended by wishing Happy Xmas to all from Teresa!

That did send some shivers down my spine ! I wondered if someone had sent a card knowing about me ! Then the penny dropped , it was from and ex GF of mine who happened to be an old school friend of my wife .