Thread: Can the Mind phycally re-define your Body shape.

Melissa&ProudOfIt Melissa&Proudofit's Avatar

Can the Mind phycally re-define your Body shape.

Hiya all

I used to be a member of this site many years ago, in fact nearly 12 years ago, and have decided to make a comeback, after a life changing experience. Well for all those years I have been wishing and focusing on my body physically changing, and it seems my efforts have been noticed by others. Now I'd like to point out here that i have not taken any oils, creams , tablets and not even special exercises and my body had in fact starting to shape itself differently, though marginally, but enough that others had pointed it out to me and had asked me, that was to my astonishment. Unbelievable.... Well after some research I have have discovered recorded cases of this too, so maybe there might be some material fact to this, even though it sounds fantastic. The mind controls all cells in the body, the DNA is combined of those cells, ergo the mind can effect the DNA, now if in fact my determination has in fact paid off, then maybe i have to concentrate even harder for a further changes. After visiting my doctor he confirmed it, and I have no under-laying medical condition, in fact i am very fit he said. so i am amazed at my mind. (even my body hair has almost stopped regrowing too)

Has any other members had any similar or exactly the same happen too, or am i truly unique.

Bless you all

Best to you all

Melissa

Hello Melissa
    I’ve never heard of anything like this happening but I’m no Dr or scientist, I know the only transformation my body has done has been through hard work at the gym and dieting. As far as hair on my legs shaving them as much as I do over the yrs I’ve noticed it doesn’t grow back hardly at all. My facial hair doesn’t grow as fast either, but I use a straight razor and wet shave so my face is baby butt smooth. If this mind over body does work then I’m thinking about real boobs 24/7!!! Lol

Hugs
    V
    Be the one person you want today, because tomorrow is never a promise. This is not a practice run in life. This is it baby girl so run with it!!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The mind is a powerful thing and a lot can be done if you can harness it.
    Being in the martial arts from age 13 I have seen what the mind can do to the body. It takes great effort to train the body to withstand blows or sharp objects from doing harm.
    In the martial arts your Chi or inner energy is very important and much can be accomplished if you can harness it.
    I don't know if by using your own Chi you have altered anything or if you think you have and your mind has convinced you you have.
    Actually changing the structure of your DNA with your mind I am not sure one can do that.
    If others have noticed like you say they have then anything is possible but pics to prove it I would need to see.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-18-2017 at 07:04 AM.

In theory one could potentially induce epigenetic changes in the way your genes work without actually altering the DNA which really can't be done. Whether any significant changes to one's physical form can be produced by thought is a good question but if so they would probably be rather minor. Perhaps noticeable. I think Tracii has a good point about harnessing your thinking to modify your sensory systems in an adaptive way for certain purposes.

Keep in mind that the DNA only creates specific chemical compounds that are used in other processes that is often guided by relationships and communication between cells. Liver cells know they are liver cells because they are next to liver cells. But the reason your whole body doesn't become composed of liver cells is determined by cells in other organs and all cells adjusting to a pattern of adequacy in performing the task it is supposed to perform. In other words, the DNA is not a grand plan for you - the grand plan comes from the relationships between cells with DNA regulating the production of materials to be used in implementing that plan. In short, it is vastly more complex than most people realize. The brain doesn't really control the cells in most cases - there is an interchange of information and the processing of that information strives to create a smoothly operating interaction between the many, many processes that constitute you.

Mine has changed as I've aged, we all do that. I still think in my mind that I'm like 25 but usually feel it in the morning after acting out being 21. I know my hair has started to decline with age. I don't have to shave my legs anymore and they are very smooth. I know our minds can do a lot but I don't think we are wired to turn back the hands of time, or grow boobs, and sometimes even just remember everything we need to remember for the day. Older men sometimes take on more feminine characteristics, such as I am feeling more tender hearted towards those who oppose my views, more gentle in my ways, and more loving of others. I never thought I'd enjoy watching the hallmark channel at Christmas but now I even cry in a few usually with my wife. I know that's not a manly trait but with age I think we lose testosterone and that makes us change naturally.
    If your system works you could be sitting on a pile of money in the dieting world.

While I don't know about changing DNA, I do believe the mind can control a lot. I have experienced some minor changes, growing of my chest, that is about it. But very interesting. Take care, Brenda

Our will can be pretty powerful, whether it accomplishes physical changes or not.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I too have reshaped my body though the use of my mind.

Mind over matter.
    Over cookie dough and cake batter.
    Chips and cheese.
    Pizza and pasta if you please.
    Berry pie ala mode.
    My mind says no more travel down that road.
    52 pounds fall away.
    Presenting the more feminine body I reveal today.
    Live and let dress.

That’s not actually how any of that works but if it makes you feel good that’s all that’s really important right?

I believe in the adage “mind over matter”. I don’t know if my mind has had anything to do with this fairly recent development. While I wear a bra, it never has been a big deal until the last several years. I noticed new sensitivities in my breasts. I’ve been massaging them, exercise, etc. and I believe they’ve grown almost a cup size. I always wear an underwire bra and will often bend over, nestle the underwire, then scoop. I have several push-up bras which now, with contouring look good. I plan to continue the “power of positive thinking”

An interesting subject....

The only thing I have done is closed my eyes and strained very hard holding my breath....

That did not help me grow boobs either. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa&Proudofit View Post
    Well for all those years I have been wishing and focusing on my body physically changing, and it seems my efforts have been noticed by others.
    What changes in particular?
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Banned Read only
    I don't buy it, you can't think your body into phically changing anymore than you can think your body into growing a third arm.

My body has changed over the years slowly getting a more feminine shape. But it is due to wearing woman's clothes every day, not thinking myself feminine.

I've seen Buddhist masters control their bodies with their mind in amazing ways and as Tracii referenced regarding Chi, I've seen amazing abilities with that as well. There are studies that show how daily, mindful mediation can rewire the brain and to some degree change the body (i.e inflammation reaction, histamine reactions, etc). So although the mind, under certain circumstances, can kind of, in a far reaching stretch, sort of change the body....

I think the chances that simply wishing for boobies and slow growth leg hair is infinitesimally small.

Sorry, Melissa but I can't help but think there must be something else going on that is causing what your doctor is supposedly confirming.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Untitled
    If you already have another account (however far in the past) you MUST contact Forum Admin to have the accounts merged or the issue of any previous membership resolved (you need to provide as much info as possible on the earlier account: email; DoB; username; etc.) - if you fail to do this within 24 hours your account will be blocked, so please do that right away. Links for that are:
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ered#faq_email
    Contact Forum Admin here:
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...e-Help-Section
    Once you get that resolved we can get you properly welcomed and back into discussions - so please do that right away!

Your thread will be reopened once this is resolved.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another