Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The good ole pic on your phone

I use to keep my photos but a similar situation told me to delete them. C phone was on my desk. I told a GG that she could go through my phone book for some ones number. I had been admiring a pic of myself and left it on the screen. I thought that the photo was clearly MIAD in appearance. She looked at the pic then went to my phone book, called the client. A short while later she commented on the tall lady in the photo. I told her that it was a lady that I met on vacation. She said she is tall how much taller are you. I said she was wearing heels we were the same height. I neglected to add same height when both were wearing heels. Nothing was ever said again.

I think the worst lately is Google asking if you want to publicly post the pics just taken to a near by business. A couple wrong swipes and they are out there.

I usually take a few random pictures to advance them back into the gallery. Once they are transferred to a thumb drive...delete before the phone is left unattended.

You look good, if you have a sister, no issues.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    Care in this has to be the watchword. At the end of the day, a phone can be almost as public as other social media. It's probably best to only have on the phone what you would be happy for anyone else to know or see.

Until recently I didn't have any pictures on my phone but now I have. I don't see this as reckless I see it as being more honest as to who I am. Yes, I'm careful to bury them but they're not locked away. I'm careful if I show pictures on my phone, I make sure I know what picture is up, don't hand the phone over to someone else and don't swipe through. But, at the end of the day, for me, I'm happier that they're there.

Reality Check
    You should know the risk up front: Photos of yourself dressed as a woman may be seen by others. It's your choice.

There's a chance of course that the person who sees the photos won't realize that they are photos of you. That depends on how good your presentation is and your ability to explain who they are and why they are on your phone.

Me - no photos on the phone.
    Krisi

Joss,

I think you look very passable in the pic you posted, just lovely.

You could probably use "Private Mode" on your phone to hide the pics you want to be hidden in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle_CD View Post
    I think it has been mentioned here before but if you want to keep the pics on your phone download a free picture vault. It is an app that requires another password to view the pics. Just move the pics over to the app from your photo stream then delete them out of the photo stream.
    I started doing this once my daughter was old enough to access the photos on my phone. Haven’t had to worry about it since.
    I don't know why people keep ignoring this advice. So easy and safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Me - no photos on the phone.
    I like Krisi's suggestion better.

If he saw that picture, he probably thought it was a picture of your cute girlfriend.
    Please call me Lisa!

I have a few pics of Stephanie on my phone. Not sure anyone other than my wife would know it was me, but she knows about my CD’ing.

CD Lifer and a Visual Kei Shinya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    If he knows you play an Ibanez guitar I would say he caught it.
    Ibanez is the correct answer

Aspiring Member
    Having a picture on my phone came in handy recently. I was out with friends and one asked me straight out 'Do you cross dress?' I have no idea where the qiestion came from, but I decided not to lie, so I said that I did. She didn't believe me until I pulled up a picture on my phone. She then burst out laughing. She doesn't know why she asked me, and only laughed because if you don't know about me, then yes, surprise is a fair reaction and I've known this person for 35 years. The next morning she passed a whole load of accessories, necklaces and the like, on to me. She has also offered to make me a dress at some point. Now, that'll be fun. I suppose it just goes to show what I was taught at a very young age, that honesty is always the best policy. Or is it?

I take pics on my phone but usually upload them to imgur and delete them almost immediately thereafter (and deleted the deleted pics from the "recently deleted" folder as well). I'm quite paranoid about it, actually. The only time I let pics stay on my phone for more than about 10 minutes is when I know I'll be alone for days at a time.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    78 I don't think he noticed he probably tought it was a lady you know.
    You look so femme

My iPhone 6 camera has become one of my favorite cameras. It does so much. It's handy and immediate. It takes great photographs.
    YES, there are often photos on the iPhone but I keep them relegated to the TRASH bin in photo storage. They remain there for 30 days then self-delete. The thing I like about the TRASH bin is that I can still reference them for several days after shooting them. I need not worry about someone stumbling across the in the normal iPhone Photos gallery, and they disappear eventually. They're also in one place to delete by one stroke "in case of emergency".

I know all about the travails of digital photos, the iCloud (where nothing ever dies or deletes), and the extreme care required when manipulating photo files [even when one thinks they're doing things correctly]. Yes, I have been bitten by the digital dog of CD photographs that were inadvertently left on a viewing device and then found.

In the early days of my full crossdressing (a couple summers ago), a few weeks after I'd come out to my wife, we were entertaining visiting family. My daughter and granddaughter, and my wife's sister (my beloved sister-in-law) were in the great room one day with the wife. They were snacking, conversing and watching a photo slide show on the big screen TV. Up popped two photographs of me in my full Ilene glory. Thank God they were very good looking photographs where I didn't look entirely silly.
    I had gone to great lengths to scrub photographs off my iPhone, the iCloud and our Apple TV device. Somehow a couple photos persisted (in the iCloud via the Apple TV, I found out). BUT...... The Family now knew the secret. My granddaughter of 5 at the time exclaimed, "Look its Boppa in a dress." Heads turned. My daughter saw. My sister in law saw. The Wife saw, and was instantly humiliated [as she explained it].

This turned out to be one of the worst self-inflicted wounds in my year of coming out. The fact that my wife and I no longer had complete secure control on the valuable information (of my CD) made things much more difficult for us. Most of all the inadvertent embarrassment I caused damaged my ability to slowly understand my growing CD and transgenderism, and to work with The Wife on working the problem together. In this one failed respect, I was "Ilene's" own worst enemy.

Be careful with camera, videos and digital storage devices.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Aspiring Member
    The elephant in the room is that if you're out, or partially out, to some but not others, then you have no control of any pictures that are taken of you on another phone, and you may have no knowledge that the pictures have been taken.

All pic are on my pc and I delete all evidences, even if my daughter is smarter than me and suspect something .

me and daughter DADT. we keep our secrets and its best that way

is in it fun to have secrets ?...hugs

That's just it.....unless he says anything then I would be confident he didn't notice it was you. Now if you had stopped long enough and then looked at him for reaction then turned red......lol....no worries....most folks need more info than a fleeting pic to determine any funny business.

I transfer them to a thumb drive immediately! Sent someone the wrong picture once! Luckily, they somewhat knew I dressed.2017-10-28-030639.jpg