Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The good ole pic on your phone

The good ole pic on your phone

I know, I know-put the cd pics somewhere else, delete them, don't take them with a phone, don't show people pics from your phone...it's all been covered. This morning a co-worker was asking about work he needed done on a bathroom. I started to show him the work my brother had done and flipped to this pic for a half second. He's 78 years old but pretty sharp. Did he see? Did it register it was me? I don't know. He hasn't said anything . Don't crucify me, just sharing, lesson learned. Peace , sisters.

IMG_1558.jpg
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If he knows you play an Ibanez guitar I would say he caught it.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-18-2017 at 07:12 AM.

Yep I'm 68 and totally brain dead yet if he is pretty sharp still I would imagine he got a fleeting glimpse. Just depends on how fast you flipped to the next picture. I would bet though it might not have registered unless it was presented more than a few seconds. I've been looking for pictures by flipping thru my for a certain picture to show some one something and I've flipped by the picture I was looking for and then wonder if I had deleted it. Usually I had moved too fast for the brain to register.
    Yours picture is a cute one though so he might have noticed a resemblance. I guess it's best to find the picture you want then show the phone just don't ever let them flip thru the pictures after you find the picture you want to show. Lesson learned I suspect.

I made a very similar mistake just yesterday. My wife asked me to show our financial planner pics of our cat. When I opened the gallery in my camera, the first pic that popped up was one of Karen. Fortunately I was the only one looking at the phone at that point. I quickly swiped through to the pics of the cat and very carefully showed only that pic to our planner. Needless to say, the pics of Karen got deleted soon as I got home.

Karen

I've come close. I've never hit the back button so many times, so fast in my life.

Maybe maybe not, I have gotten to the point of MEH who cares. I am me I deserve to exist in whatever form I choose don't like it P*** off I take my pics on whatever device I so choose, because it is my device.

Good advice. I, too, almost got caught as I forgot to erase some pictures. Maybe subconsciously, I didn’t want to delete? Fortunately, I caught in time...no harm...no foul.

I don't put any photos on my phone, they are in my camera, on cd's, my laptop, in photo form in a folder and then there are those I took more than twenty years ago.

I wonder where they are.

Yeah! You get the message. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I keep pics of me on my phone - a good friend saw one and wanted to know who the "good look'n babe" was - told him it was my sister ............................Debra

That's why I don't keep pics of myself dressed on my phone! If that happened, I'd probably tell the other person that was my cousin or something like that

I think it has been mentioned here before but if you want to keep the pics on your phone download a free picture vault. It is an app that requires another password to view the pics. Just move the pics over to the app from your photo stream then delete them out of the photo stream.
    I started doing this once my daughter was old enough to access the photos on my phone. Haven’t had to worry about it since.

reading through the thread and had an idea for a cute excuse to use (maybe???)

"Yeah, I was <fill in the location> and saw this girl that looked like a female version of me! SO - I snapped a picture of her. Weird huh?"

or something such...

Hi Joss,

Having seen pictures of you here and then having met you in drab I would say it's unlikely that he made the connection. You look VERY different as Joss and if he saw the pic for such a brief time I seriously doubt he connected the fits. Even if he did and questioned you about it you could simply play it off as some Halloween thing. I wouldn't lose any sleep over this.

Elizabeth

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I have several folders of photos on my phone and keep a few images of Sarah in one of them. All the family, friends, house and garden, pets, travel photos etc. are all in other folders. This one has several photos of plumbing or electrical connections, bar codes that I can't see without tipping things over and things like that before the portraits.

The only problem has been a result of the phone having a google connection and occasionally google wants to download all the photos from my phone to my home computer. One day I noticed my screensaver that cycled through photos on the computer started to occasionally show photos of me dressed. I changed the screensaver pretty quick and deleted the images at least until the next time they back up.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

i did care about having photos on my phone but tbh i dont care most of my friends know and i dont go showing my photos on my phone to random people..but if yer concerned about that stuff than be careful wit your phones girls!

I have never put a pic of Alice on my phone. I might consider just one, but Murpy;s law, is it will be seem by someone i do not want seeing it.

I understand all of the comments about taking care that pictures on phones or computers are not revealed but I also am a bit saddened that we feel so ashamed of our feminine selves that we have to always stay in the shadows.

Well, I have one worst than that! It was in the infancy of smartphones and I got my first iPhone at work and was told I did not need to keep my personal phone. My company has Att and our family account was Verizon so when my daughter broke her phone my wife asked if she could transfer my old phone. Me, not even thinking about the pictures I had taken on that phone said sure why not. I had some splaining to do and I am pretty sure that my 15 year old daughter never bought the story. Lessons learned! Not one of us here that have been cross dressing for our entire lives have covered every track. Someone knows and I am speaking from experience.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jocelyn, Guilty as charged, I have a bunch on my crappy little Flip Phone.>orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I never keep any of my femme pictures on my phone. I always make sure that they are transferred to a microcard for safe keeping.

Aspiring Member
    My crappy little flip phone has a lot of inside pictures of my left pants pocket. I don't think I have to worry

Ineke

I'm sure your workman was thinking "Wow. Nice guitar."
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Jocelyn,
    I don't know what he saw or what he thinks but I think that's a fantastic looking lady in the photo.

Hugs, Connie

PS, I was in Gardner earlier this week..
    See my favorite lovely ladies at https://www.flickr.com/photos/64988357@N03/favorites/

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

I have never taken a picture of myself with my phone, just too risky. Camera (with a different camera card) or nothing, dowloaded straight onto my laptop which only I have access to. In a hidden locked folder and deleted off the camera card.

However knowing that things go wrong I also have my list of quick answers ready such as...
    1. OMG how embarrassing thats the picture of me at a fancy dress party with a sex change theme
    2. My advice to you is never bet your wife that women are soft, anyone can wear heels and a skirt all day...
    3. How gorgeous is that girl I couldn't resist taking a photo of her (ONLY joking)

I love SaraLin's answer too!!

Jocelyn he probably didn't recognise you anyway, a lot would have depended on how cool you were if you got flustered he would probably start wondering why.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I suppose I am exempt from this particular problem: no phone or camera.