Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossdressing

I believe all males have it to a certain degree but are afraid to accept it. Shame!

I used to think that it was only a way to release stress, but in recent years, it has become a more positive influence in my life. Dressing has become a way of expressing my hidden desire to identify with the feminine side of me that I kept suppressed for so many years. I wish that I had realized that long ago.

I think that it can be different reasons for different people and probably has a lot to do with why we dress in the first place. For example if you suffer any level of GD then dressing can reduce that GD if even for a short while. Or perhaps dressing is an escape from the responsibilities of making a living, paying bills etc etc to a more gentle relaxed space.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

When I dress at home, I think it helps with stress because I am having fun.

When I dress outside of the house, my stress increases a lot, although it is gradually decreasing over time. So the question I have for those in this post who speak about crossdressing reducing stress, is whether that includes when you dress in public?

For me crossdressing allows me to express femininity. I'm happier when I'm dressed because I am, when dressed, my authentic self.

Why don't you tell us? How/why would we know?
    Jon

There is no such thing as stress. It is a symptom invented by soap opera doctors.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Okay and you know this how. Terri Ray. I guess you have never had any stress.
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by ssandy View Post
    Why does cross dressing relieve my stress?
    Because you usually have to suppress the desire to do it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

So true I had an experience at a very young age and enjoyed it. So here I am today not going that far but enjoying the feminine side of dressing when I can.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

So true whether we admit it or not.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    It can be like stepping into another world and getting to be some one else for a while. Gamers step into an alternate reality and escape the world for a time. We get dressed up and step into another side of ourselves for a while!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Gillian, that's exactly it for me. Kaylie is an entirely different persona than the one I live as during the day. It's very relaxing and soothing to be able to escape the everyday side of me and step into her world for a while.

I rarely think of it as a relief from stress.
    I'm usually not that stressed out.
    I think of it as more as an act of inner self fulfillment.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

It is just showing my feminine side now and then! Nail polish and pearl earrings are full time however! Woman's jeans and footwear(sneakers and flats) are when not at work! I truly need to get out more as Lana Mae but life and money keep getting in the way! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Aspiring Member
    I believe our brains are just hardwired to release a host of feel-good neurotransmitters (serotonin, dopamine, oxytocin and others) when we crossdress. These neurotransmitters are responsible for sensations of gratification, sexual arousal, comfort, affection, etc.. So it shoud come as no wonder that it relieves stress.

For me the frequency of my dressing is directly related to my stress level. My job is a pressure cooker at times and when I get home and its close to bed time I know that I need to dress to unwind. my wife is knows but is DADT and stays away when the level is high
    ​Jamey

Could it be that you get stress because you love how you feel when you dress and the waiting for the next opportunity causes stress?

When you finally dress the stress you get from wanting to dress is gone!

I guess it's different for everyone but I can't think of anything in my life is causing me stress except that I haven't had the opportunity to dress!

Oh and the girl in the office has been wearing some beautiful dresses lately, OMG! LOL
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 10-20-2017 at 07:14 PM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?