Thread: Away days

Away days

So in a few weeks time Helen will be out and about for a full 7 days. Watch out world!

So the prep has started. Bottled tan for the legs, upper arms and chest. I don't want snowy white cleavage. Thinning of eyebrows, reduction of arm hair. All slowly reducing so as to not be a sudden change. Legs and chest will of course be shaved, not that I'm that hirsute anyway.

Then there's what to take. There's the makeup and all the removers, forms and adhesives, hip and bum padding, corsets, wigs not to mention the ancillary items such a false nails, bras and knickers, tights/holdups, scarves, jewelry and femme deodorants.

The big dilemma is what to take clothing wise. While I would love to take my entire wardrobe that's not an option. If flying I'd certainly encounter excess baggage charges if I did that. It's about matching things together so as to be able to permutate the most workable combinations from the least amount of clothes. However there are some things that just have to be taken. Dresses, skirts, blouses and tops that are our go to faves. Oh nearly forgot the 2 coats and a jacket

So, apart from bragging about having 7 days Helen time!!! my question is, what are your go to wardrobe items? How little do you think you could get away with. For me in skirts, a black below the knee pencil, a black and white stripped above the knee pencil, black A line lined and a red godet flower pattern. Dresses, my LBD, a black and white jacquard, a stripped bodycon crew neck and a caped sleeve sweetheart necked little number. Then there's a collection of about 10 tops and blouses. All rounded off with 10 'ish pairs of boots and shoes.

In reality it will be nearer 30 items of skirts/dresses/tops. So is this just one more thing GG's face. The task of packing sufficient, and the "just in case" without having a suitcase that needs a forklift to move it?

This dressing is such hard work but don't you just love it!!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

One little black dress. A red minidress and a black blazer. Nude pumps. A business skirt suit, mini with a blazer. Don't forget your bags and accessories girl!

Hi Helen
    Pack the absolute necessities.
    When you get to your destination shop for new things to fill out your wardrobe.Shopping is fun.
    When it's time to go home ship all your new found treasures back there.

My wife and I went on vacation and ending up buying so much stuff that's what we did.
    You get the added bonus of having a nice present to open up when you get home.

Roberta

IMG_0056 (1).jpg This is just for 4 days note there are 9 pairs of shoes! This is from my transformation, though! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Platinum Member
    Hi Hellen, It sounds like my packing list, when we go it is in the Motorhome and I ALWAYS over pack.

Where are you headed to, Keep us advised. Thanks >Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta Lynn View Post
    Hi Helen
    Pack the absolute necessities.
    When you get to your destination shop for new things to fill out your wardrobe.Shopping is fun.
    Roberta,

Sound advice and I'm ahead of you on that one. I've deliberately held off some online purchases so that I can do some trying and buying in person. I feel my wardrobe needs the addition of some fairly flat black sandals, a white or cream waterfall cardigan, my handbag is starting to show it's age but I still really like it so anything to replace it will need to be good and finally, all my wigs have been bought online so I figure it's time for a visit to a salon for a fitting. I need to set myself a budget so I can break it!

I'm willing to admit I can be a bit of a nerdy geek so to aid me in choosing what to take I created two matrix's on Excel. One has shoes along one axis and dresses and skirts alone the other. If a pair of shoes goes with an item of clothing then an "x" goes in the column against that item. I then total all the x's to get a table of the most matches. The problem is I like some clothing items more than others so I have a "Like" factor, a number that I multiply the number of matches by. So while a particular dress say may not get as many matches, it's score is raised and hopefully the most suited top the listings.

I've also done the same with top/blouses and skirts.

Bear with me; I then average the scores for dresses, skirts and tops. Any item scoring below average in each category doesn't make the cut and isn't going in the bag. And did I say this was all done with the aid of macro's. See I said I was nerdy.

Well it seems to work as I have well over 100 items of clothing excluding underwear/corsets and coats etc. My little spreadsheet exercise brings the number down to 28. So 7 days, that's 4 items per day, and from that we all know there'll be stuff coming home unworn but it's there just in case.

Orchid,

I'm off to Wales and points north. I'll be meeting up with some other CD'ers at least once. https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...ster-UK-Meetup so a chance to put on a nice frock and mingle.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    I created two matrix's on Excel.
    Ha! I’ve done the same, though I haven’t added values to them so I don’t get too nerdy on them. I do it as a distraction while at work.

For trips, I typically have my go-to stuff. I almost always take a pair of black heels and nude heels. Always two flats, and maybe another pair of heels. Then it’s a couple of dresses, way too many skirts, jeans, cardigans, and maybe a jacket/blazer depending on the time of the year. I’ve gotten pretty efficient with my packing. I try to stuff panties and camis between heels. I can fit a lot into a small checked luggage but it’s way too heavy. That’s why I try to drive to my destination, but if I fly, I will usually send a package to my destination ahead of time.