Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ticked off at the convenience store today

Ticked off at the convenience store today

I was on my way to work and it was a typical day dressed in work clothes stop at the same convenience store to get drink and a snack.While i was standing in line the cashier was talking to a friend very loudly.There was a crossdresser that came threw her line earlier she was laughing and was referring to the CD as an,IT,Thing,Freak,She he,etc you name it.I was getting madder and madder my irish blood started boiling.I finally spoke up very loudly I told her.
    "Excuse me we are not thing we are not its we are crossdressers.When one of us comes through your line you need to be professional and say yes mam or miss.In your case nothing at all."
    I walked out the store manager stopped me at my car to asked what was that about he heard some of it while he was in the back.I told him and he assured me he was going to handle it.
    Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/brandiedaniels/

Good for you Brandie. Hopefully the manager did indeed "handle it" and inform the cashier that all customers are to be treated with respect regardless of whether you disapprove of what they're wearing. Perhaps the next time a CD comes in, your words will be remembered.
    Like a lady

My Hero... or heroine.

You should be so proud, I know I am.

Brandie, Thank you for standing up for yourself and us.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Well done Brandie, thank you.

Good on you Brandie. Some people just need to be told and you did that. You Go Gurl x

Brandie, thank you for standing up. I don't think some people will ever learn. Making fun of and not acceppting other people just because they are different is the basis of a lot of the world's problems. Thank you again for standing up in your corner of it.
    Love Jean

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Bravo well done

Brandie,
    Well done, courageous and eminently helpful to us all.
    Alice

Very well done and thank-you for your advocacy, I would have sought out the manager and complained then not buy anything and walk out saying they just lost a sale and maybe a customer.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

well done you did the right thing!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Read the, "Acceptance or tolerance", thread running here now!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Bravo. Good for you.
    Amanda

Platinum Member
    Hi Brandi, Thanks for standing up to her.>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Bravo, I hope if I'm in the same position I would have the presence of mind to do the same thing

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Good for you. All people need to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of religion, colour, race, creed or clothing choices. Professional behaviour needs to be found in all areas of society, you just help to make the world a better place for all!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

It's a truism that if you see an injustice and do nothing to challenge it then you're part of the problem. I suppose it's a different version of; "All it takes for evil to prosper is for good men (or women) to do nothing"

What you did was both brave and commendable and I admire you for having the courage to stand up and be counted. I only hope if I'm ever in a similar situation I can do the same.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

You go boy, you told them. off. Very good and they may be better in the future.
    Part Time Girl

-quietly begins a slow clap for Brandie's bravery-

Wow! That was amazing and in my opinion took a lot of guts and bravery to do that.
    So proud of what you did Brandie. So proud.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I'll add to the chorus praising Brandie's actions, Such ignorance by that particular SA is now hopefully the exception than the norm. I have worked in retail and served CD-TG customers, treating them like anyone else.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Well done Brandie. That was very courageous of you to correct the SA. If we cross dressers are to find acceptance then we must "GIRL UP" and act like Brancie when the occasion demands.

Good for you. A medal for bravery and courage. On TV, “What would you have done.”, there was a piece that featured a ”cder” trying on dresses. I know the SA was a paid actress, who was rude, but the reaction of the buyers ranged from anger to defense, mostly anger. The “cder” was also a paid actress, who, in my opinion, was a gg, not a cder, which, for me, took away from the episode. The network probably chickened out. To me, it showed how far away we are from acceptance.

Good for you Brandie, I don't know if would have said a thing but would have been boiling mad at the cashier, I my wife topped me from being the fist fighter I used to be. She taught me how to let things just roll off my back. I'm glad though that you have the courage to speak up. I'm proud of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NancySue View Post
    Good for you. A medal for bravery and courage. On TV, “What would you have done.”, there was a piece that featured a ”cder” trying on dresses. I know the SA was a paid actress, who was rude, but the reaction of the buyers ranged from anger to defense, mostly anger. The “cder” was also a paid actress, who, in my opinion, was a gg, not a cder, which, for me, took away from the episode. The network probably chickened out. To me, it showed how far away we are from acceptance.
    I saw that episode, too, on YouTube. Regardless if the shopper was a "real" CD'er or not, the responses of the other shoppers in the store at the time was true and honest.

Here it is - the Washington Post picked it up.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.washi...3famp_markup=1
    Last edited by Kayliedaskope; 10-19-2017 at 04:20 PM.