Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delivery companies !

Aspiring Member

Delivery companies !

Today is a work from home day, which means that everything is being done by Charlotte today. When working from home she likes to present herself quite nicely, in this case, matching black underwear, black opaque tights (great for this time of year and they cover a multitude of sins), knee length blue skirt, black top, blue cardigan. Charlotte doesn't wear make-up very often.

Anyway, I've just had a call from Mrs Charlotte to tell me that the Amazon delivery we're expecting has been left at another address (and it's not an address or name that I know). We have an agreed safe place for Amazon deliveries, so it should have been left there. If I knew where the package was and who had it I'd go and pick it up myself, now.

This, of course. means that we could have someone knocking on the door at any moment with our package. Seems like Charlotte's got to be put away for a while. But, she'll be back out later when either the package is dropped off or Mrs Charlotte gets back and can open the door and tend to visitors.

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!

I find a PO BOX covers all these things nicely.

Works well with EBay and other carriers, they can let me know by phone or email.

I agree a wrong address delivery can be exciting. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Why don't you keep Charlotte "alive" and answer the door if someone brings the package? Or, leave a note on the door telling anyone who brings the package around to leave t on the stoop. Then you can bring it in when they're gone.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Reality Check
    Life goes on, even for a crossdresser. We have to do things sometimes that get in the way of our dressing.

I sometimes have to be ready for this or that so I either don't dress or dress so I can change back to Homer quickly.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    Unless it has to be signed for package delivery services just set your package down, knock, and leave. By the time I am to the door they are getting in their truck, and my office is right next to the front door. The most time a Fed-X or UPS driver spent at my door is about 3 seconds.

The downside of online shopping, botched delivery.

Any Charlotte stuff in the package?

I remember once working from home, floral body con skirt, painted toes, nice black fitted top and the door went - it was a new mobile phone so I pulled up my big girl pants and answered as I was. signed for the phone, off went the postman. It would be different if it was a neighbour but delivery drivers don't give a chuff.
    Foxy Roxy has entered the building

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Darling View Post
    Why don't you keep Charlotte "alive" and answer the door if someone brings the package? Or, leave a note on the door telling anyone who brings the package around to leave t on the stoop. Then you can bring it in when they're gone.
    The note on the door was my thought was well. But honestly the other person will likely just leave the package for them to pick up and redeliver another day.

Had a surprise visit some weeks ago. It was early in the day and I was still in my nightdress and peignoir when I looked out and saw two strangers walking up my driveway. The man seemed to be holding a tape measure and I wondered what was going on. I changed into a pair of shorts and a shirt and when I came out into the living room I noticed a lady peering through the window and smiling and waving at me. I went out onto the deck to meet her and she had a question about my flag and house name. Turns out the man was with a dog and the "tape measure" was a leash. As I was chatting I looked down and saw I was bare footed and my bright red toenails were on full display.
    I was not bothered or embarrassed but wondered what would have happened if I had not seen the lady coming up the drive and had still been sitting in my nightgown reading my mail. It would have been interesting at least to see her face as she peered through the window nat me.

Where we live, we have the same person delivering the mail each day and normally the same UPS or FEDEX person, so I'm not sure I'm ready for them to see me dressed and I'm really sure my wife would not be happy about it, especially if they told her.

You have to do what you are comfortable with...the last delivery guy thought my bright coral toenails were "cool".
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

Platinum Member
    Hi Charlotte, I have a friend that drives for UPS and he says that Absolutely nothing surprises him any more>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Where I live, the FedEx driver just leaves it at the door. While UPS always waits for someone to answer.
    Like a lady

Banned Read only
    Every company I deal with uses USPS, UPS or Fedex. All use tracking numbers so I know when a package is out for delivery. USPS leaves parcels at a package locker down the street, while UPS just drops and runs. One UPS driver while bang on the door which is startling, and, others will just drop and run. I can tell the difference between the truck engines, so if I do hear the truck I usually know which is making a delivery. The front door is seventy feet from the curb so that distance offers some degree of privacy if I step outside en femme to retrieve it. As far as unexpected visitors knocking on the door I always have the drapes drawn. Even if the person was a neighbor there is no obligation for me to answer the door. My excuse is always taking a shower or soaking in the tub reading a book.

Aspiring Member
    When I buy from eBay, I look for "Click and Collect". They are delivered to a local store that I can choose from a list. I usually choose one near my place of work. It saves a lot of grief.

I have signed for packages that are delivered en fem. I don't think they get excited seeing us and just go about their business.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    Oh I feel your pain! Any event that causes the need to change to male mode early annoys me greatly!

Hopefully its something nice in the mail to make up for it

I always use the tracker for everything I order dealing with Jaylyns stuff. It tells me when the delivery has been made by Fed Ex. I then know to get home get the package by the door or on the old pickup hood under the car port. USPS just puts the package on the hood and leaves but I know the time it is usually delivered as they are always within an hour in the after noon of 2:00 pm. This helps me keep things picked up before any one else has including my wife from knowing I received new heels or what ever as I will have very thing put away by the time she gets home.

Aspiring Member
    Who knows? Maybe the delivery driver is wearing shocking pink panties under his uniform .

Ineke

You can also use Amazon Locker in the future , for all such delivery. Google it and find the closest location to pick up said packages

I don't understand why receiving a package is such a big deal ! I am amazed at the responses. What is it exactly that so many are so afraid of?

From what Im gathering from the OP, they had an address they usually use and the delivery service screwed up by delivering it to a totally different place. So, no matter if they had it going to their own home or to the safe place, the same mistake could have been made.

Aspiring Member
    Yes, bootlover that was the point. The package was not for me, nor sadly, was it for Charlotte. Being a long time homeworker we have good procedures in place for these deliveries and Charlotte doesn't normally have to worry. The problem here was that the package ended up with a third party who could then have knocked on the door at any time.

There is a sad end to this tale, which was that when we checked, the package had been left in the correct place (Charlotte can't check this as it's out of the house). The delivery company had texted the incorrect delivery information. Double Grrrrrrrrr.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogina B View Post
    I don't understand why receiving a package is such a big deal ! I am amazed at the responses. What is it exactly that so many are so afraid of?
    Rogina, as weird as it may sound: I agree!

In a delivery situation, it's like, who really cares.

You are more or less in the confines of your own home, it goes by quickly, the driver is acting in a professional capacity (since their job could potentially be on the line), and is probably off in a dash for the rest of the deliveries awaiting in their truck.

And if they've been at it for any decent length of time, I'm sure they have seen it all by now. Orchid's reply says it all...

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    I have a friend that drives for UPS and he says that Absolutely nothing surprises him any more>Orchid......

That doesn't mean the driver would necessarily "appreciate" it, that perhaps some would rather have you/whoever look & act "normal" and/or "presentable" -- but honestly, that's simply not reality, on so many various levels. And they know it.

Hey, it comes with the territory. And they're probably used to it by now.

Is it a bit "scary" at first for a CD'er? Do you need a bit of confidence to do it? Sure, I can see that. When I first started presenting as a guy, but entirely in women's clothing, when it came to receiving deliveries, I was a little nervous the first few times.

But after a while, it's like, "Eh, no biggie." And that would perhaps prompt me to step it up a notch for the next time. Wear something a bit more femmy, and/or initiate some more small-talk to keep 'em around just a little longer in an innocent-enough way. My regular postal carrier (GG) and I have become quite friendly & chatty over time.

Is there an actual person behind that "driver" role? Yep... Just as there is an actual person behind that "CD'ing recipient." So, show them that you're just a regular fellow human being, and try to connect with them in some little way. It will take their mind off the pink elephant in the room, and they may very well see things in a different & positive light as they head back to their truck. Heck, perhaps you'd even make their day in a special & memorable way!

Aspiring Member
    Laurababe, a couple of thoughts,. We're all at different places as to exactly what we'd be happy for the delivery guy to see, even if he has already seen everything somewhere else. Also, the original point was that the delivery guy hadn't left the package where he should, he'd left it with an unknown neighbour. Now, even if I'm ready for Charlotte to take in a delivery (something I have considered) I'm not ready to let the neighbours know.