Thread: Vacation and stopping in Dallas

Vacation and stopping in Dallas

I am going to be on vacation shortly and the wife wants to go down to her mom's for a couple days.

She asked me if there was anything I wanted to do, and I told her that I wanted to go shopping for some new lingerie especially nightgowns. She said we could do that.

Yesterday when I got home from work she said that she wanted to go to the Dallas area so I could do some shopping. Even though it is a little out of our way, she wants to stop on the way back home. I have never been in Dallas and I really don't like big cities I am a little excited.

I then asked if I could dress a little girly on our vacation, and she said it was up to me but realize that most people/places won't be too accepting of me being dressed. I am hoping to partially dressed while driving and maybe at the hotels we will be staying at. Not sure how much will be too much, but I plan on discussing it with her more today.

My question is to all you gurls, do you know of any good lingerie stores in the Dallas area? I've been to the normal stores Victoria's Secret, Soma and such but they usually don't have any long nightgowns which is what I want.

Any advice or names of stores would be appreciated especially since we are leaving tomorrow (Monday).

One last thing I really don't want to venture too far from any major road since I don't like driving in big cities.
    Last edited by Steph_CD_62; 10-22-2017 at 10:28 AM.

Try the Dillard's outlet store in the Irving Mall. Highway 183 near the DFW Airport. Walk the mall. There are some other stores there including a Macy's that would have what you're looking for. Also Dallas is a very accepting place for TG and CD individuals. I really have had no problems being out and about anywhere in the DFW area. Also a huge outlet mall near Grapevine on the north side of the airport. Enjoy your shopping.

Zoey

Just got back from Dallas for one work trip and may be returning soon for another, so I’m interested in this thread..

As to advice, there are a couple of malls located right off the Dallas North Tollway that have a great selection of stores - Stonebriar Center and The Shops at Willow Bend - and the Galleria is reasonably easy to find as well.

If your needing jewelry, wigs, purses, and various other women's clothing and you don't want to pay high prices there's a few Sam Moons scattered around the Dallas Ft Worth area. I have shopped many times at the one on I 35 North of Fort Worth. The outlet malls are good too.

I've been in the Dallas area several times over the past couple of years and always found the people to be friendly and non-confrontational. And, honestly, I've never known Texans to be shy if they think you need to know what's on their minds. So I'd say don't worry -- if you act like a human being they'll treat you like a human being.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

The Shoppes at Willow Bend also has a MAC store that is very friendly and open to us. Also same mall just a few steps further is a Sephora store. ACtually had my forst makeover in the MAC store. Took some girls there also for their first time out for a makeover. A reservation is recommended. The Dillard's store there is usually pretty friendly also.
    The Sam Moon at I-35 and 635 is huge.

Zoey

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    All the advice here is good and as some have said this area has shown to be quite accepting of TG folks.
    Most Texans just go with the flow.
    Enjoy your time here
    Rachael

I ditto what Pat said about Texas but want to throw in just enjoy yourself and stay in the areas mentioned you'll be safe. I know a couple areas in Dallas I wouldn't want to be but most is safe, if you just act like your going about business as usual.

We are now in the town where my wife's mom lives and plan on surprising her tomorrow since she didn't know we were coming.

Also found out that my wife's sister was hurt that we weren't planning on going to see her in Colorado Springs. So now I am not sure if we are going to Dallas/Ft Worth or to Colorado Springs.

My wife's family is a little screwy and I never know what to expect from them.

A wonderful day

Like I had stated in my other post I had hoped to be dressed when driving down to see my wife's mom.

I had asked my wife if she minded if I wore my breast forms inside my bra on the trip down. She didn't have a problem with it. It was cool this morning when we left so I wore a light jacket. I wore my women's jeans, shirt and tennis shoes I also had put on a bra with my forms in it.

We had to travel over around 800 miles and drove almost straight through. It was a long drive, but I enjoyed it. Every time I got out of the car it was still cool out so I just made sure I had my jacket on and it was zipped up. I went into convenience stores, pumped gas and talked to a few people while I was dressed as a woman. True I didn't present myself as a woman since I don't wear make-up or wigs, but all my clothing was girly.

I never saw anyone give me a second look, however my wife did. As I was walking into a convenience store to buy a pop for my wife and myself I held the door open for a girl that was around 20. When I got back into the car my wife asked what I said to the girl and all I had said was hi and I smiled at her. My wife told me that this girl gave me a strange look. So did she see my breast forms pushing out on my jacket too much? Or did she look at my feet and see my girl tennis shoes with neon green shoelaces? Either way it didn't matter because I would never see her again.

All I can say it was a wonderful day. And I am now lounging around in my nightgown in the hotel knowing that for the next couple days I will be dressed in my "normal" guy clothing.

Edited:
    I forgot when we stopped for lunch at a fast food place, I asked my wife if she wanted me to take out my breast forms and she said she didn't care. Then I asked if she would be more comfortable if I took them out and she said yes. So I did remove them. But after we got back into the car my wife looked over and asked where my boobs were and I told her I was going to put them back in later since we were still in the parking lot and she said why wait. I was shocked but extremely happy. After lunch she didn't seem to care if I wore my breast forms out in public.
    Last edited by Steph_CD_62; 10-23-2017 at 11:36 PM.

Sounds like a wonderful day! Be sure to give your wife some extra hugs and love for being supportive.
    As to the incident with the young girl I look at it differently. I think she saw you as a woman and therefore was surprised when you held the door for her. As a general rule women do not hold doors for each other. Instead they hand off the door to the next woman. Watch two or more women go through a door and you will see what I mean. Therefore, she was surprised at another, perhaps somewhat older, woman holding a door for her.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Sounds like a great drive with a wonderfully accepting wife.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Cool story and a lot of us wish we had a wife that was agreeing as yours is. Mine used to be but she thought I was just playing or going thru a stage in my life. Glad y'all had safe travels.

Hey Happy I am glad that you have an wife that accepts you it makes life so much better
    be safe out there

Leann
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Sounds like a wonderful day! Be sure to give your wife some extra hugs and love for being supportive.
    I love my wife and let her know daily, and I gave her a nice hug after I got dressed into my men's clothing.

As my life normally goes things never happen like I want them to.

My wife had sort of planned to see her sister in Colorado Springs, but then my wife said that we weren't going to see her sister and that is when she suggested that we go to Dallas for some shopping. I was happy.

After staying with my mother-in-law for a couple days we drove up to see my sis-in-law. I was hoping to stay in a hotel so I could dress the way I wanted when we were there. Nope that didn't happen. My SIL's daughter left town for a couple days so we were told we could use her bedroom to sleep in. I wasn't thrilled but I went along with it. My original plan was to go shopping but sounds like we will be spending all day with the SIL. So still no chance to dress. Also my original plan was to get dressed for the drive home, but I am not sure how I will be able to pull that off either. I think my SIL would notice when she gave me a hug good bye that I was wearing a bra and my breast forms.

Nothing ever seems to go the way I have imagined they would.

Does your Mother in law know you dress and did you while you were at her home ?

Quote Originally Posted by Happilymarriedguy View Post
    Also my original plan was to get dressed for the drive home, but I am not sure how I will be able to pull that off either. I think my SIL would notice when she gave me a hug good bye that I was wearing a bra and my breast forms.
    But she won't notice what you're wearing when you pull out of the rest stop a few miles down the road. Stay flexible, try not to get grumpy when things go awry. There's a reason there are separate words for plans and experiences.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lynn3 View Post
    Does your Mother in law know you dress and did you while you were at her home ?
    My wife talked to her about it when we first got together, but that was 16 years ago and I am not sure if she remembers

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    But she won't notice what you're wearing when you pull out of the rest stop a few miles down the road. Stay flexible, try not to get grumpy when things go awry. There's a reason there are separate words for plans and experiences.
    I am trying to stay positive, and yes I can pull into a rest stop but then I have to worry about anyone that is in the rest stop seeing when I am doing.