Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Size 6!

Size 6!

I've been away for a few months recovering from a heart event but while away I managed to work my way down to a size 6 in most clothes. Road cycling was always my go to for rapid weight loss and once again it comes thru in a need. I haven't been this thin for 20+ years. At 53, I feel and look amazing again. Problem now is.....need to go shopping. everything I have was a size 8/10 and now looks baggy or falls off my waist (skirts). When I get new dresses, I'll update my profile pics. Just ordered some bodycon and fit and flare new dresses.

bi for now
    Kathie P
    bi for now

Kathie Pantyhose
    Any day in pantyhose is a great day

Wow size 6. I am thin but I am a size 12 and sometimes a 10. That is great and I hope your heart is good again.
    Part Time Girl

Congratulations! I find I never begrudge the money spent on buying smaller clothes. (But I keep a few of the previous size around just in case I have to defend myself against an extra-large pizza. Every night for a week...)
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Kathie,

It's always fun to shop for cute outfits, but it's even better when you're dropping sizes. I had a little heart thing a couple of years ago when I was a size 22/24 and now I've worked my way down to a size 12. A neighborhood that I haven't been in since I was a teen.

I hope that you enjoy your new dresses.
    Warmest regards,
    Pamela

Congrats on your successful recovery, Kathie. My bones won't let me go much below a 16 or so.

Silver Member
    You will be surprised at how much more is available in a 6. Then again women will look at you with glaring eyes of jealousy

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm glad you are recovering from your heart issues.
    Shopping is always fun.

My goal is size 14 from 20. At 6'2 with a big frame, I can't even imagine size 6. Good luck with your goal..
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Congratulations on making your recovery, and your weight loss! That’s fantastic! I can’t even imagine what being a size 6 would be like. Have fun shopping.

Happy shopping, I have loss 15 pounds so far this year, but will never get your size Kathie.

Congrats on the recovery and the weight loss. Great to read that you "feel and look amazing again." That's wonderful.
    Like a lady

Congratulations! Size 6, I can only wish... I am happy just getting back into a 16, or on a good day a 14. Post some picks when you have your new outfit, it will help motivate me Brenda

Hi Kathie,

Congratulations and I'm glad to hear you are doing well. I too have heart issues and the one upside I have found is that I'm a size 6 or 8 depending. For me it's a bit of a circular logic thing - health concerns motivate me to keep my weight down so then my clothes fit better which also motivates me to keep my weight down which then is better for my heart.

Elizabeth

Aspiring Member
    I'm a road cyclist as well, but more of a Clydesdale than a racehorse. I wear a size 18. Getting back into road cycling some years ago knocked off 20 lbs, but another 20 wouldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by lingerieLiz View Post
    You will be surprised at how much more is available in a 6. Then again women will look at you with glaring eyes of jealousy
    And not just the GG's ..... 6. The only way I will see a 6 is with a 1 in front of it.

Seriously though, good job on the weight loss, and I hope your heart is much happier now.

Pictures, pictures and more pictures
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I knew I was losing weight a couple of years back when my size 8 skirts started to feel loose around my waist. Then it happened to the 6's. I'm now generally buying size 4 skirts and pants (although it does still vary a bit by make and style). Dress size is still stuck at 10 due to the width of shoulders and breasts, but they hang much better over a skinny waist. The selection in the stores is much better in these "common" women's sizes.

Congratulations on your weight loss.

- Diane

Nothing like a little near-death to help you drop the weight lol. Glad you’re better and congrats on the weight loss.

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    Congrats! Having to buy a new, smaller size wardrobe is a great problem to have!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    Pictures, pictures and more pictures
    yes yes I know I need to post more with the new frame.....

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Smith View Post
    I knew I was losing weight a couple of years back when my size 8 skirts started to feel loose around my waist. Then it happened to the 6's. I'm now generally buying size 4 skirts and pants (although it does still vary a bit by make and style). Dress size is still stuck at 10 due to the width of shoulders and breasts, but they hang much better over a skinny waist. The selection in the stores is much better in these "common" women's sizes.

Congratulations on your weight loss.

- Diane
    Diane - I'm wondering about the shoulder thing too but I did try on a new dress and it had some flex in it so the shoulders where not that bad at all. I've usually been thinner anyway so it's definitely nice to see more come off. Not sure I want to go past a 6 but I believe I may have started something here. I certainly can't eat as much as I used to so I imagine a 4 may not be out of the question. That just means I have to buy even more clothes and hang on to the older ones just in case it creeps back in but right now I'm burning more then I'm taking in....
    bi for now

Kathie Pantyhose
    Any day in pantyhose is a great day

I too had heart issues a couple of months ago, must say it's not my preferred method of losing weight, but it works.
    I'm down to a 14 from a 18/20

Platinum Member
    Hi Kathie , That sounds like a great reason to go shopping.>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Welcome to the size 6 club sis .

Glad to hear you are recovering alright. 6, wow good problem to have! I've been 12/14; but in the last year went back up to who knows what, and now I'm back to 12/14. I suspect maybe I could get to a 10 and for health purposes I'm trying to.
    Samantha

Hi Kathie,

Best wishes on your recovery. I'm thinking that your doctor giving you to go-ahead to get on the bike must be a great sign on how you're doing!

I also have a cycling and triathlon background. I can see it in your calves, they look great! I'm 52 and I have a similar build to yours, but I'm bigger in the shoulders. I can wear a size 6 jean, but there's no way I could wear a dress anywhere close to that. So I generally go with skirts and tops instead of dresses.

Congrats on your weight loss!
    Last edited by Leelou; 10-30-2017 at 01:36 AM.