Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Much to my surprise

Much to my surprise

Having been widowed for a few years now, I met someone a year ago and decided to re-marry this past summer, she knew nothing about my dressing. At some point I was going to mention it to her, but a couple of weeks ago she said to me, I wonder what you would look like as a woman??I said I don't know but we could find out...the next evening she said lets try a little makeup and she started doing he magic, we are both about the same size so she said lets try on a few things...she has since bought me some undies and night gowns and wants to dress and do a shopping spree some weekend...Oh Lucky Me

WOW, Lucky you is right. Please keep us up to date on your adventures.

Oh yes I will for sure...just the other night we were looking through the Blair catalog, the have a lot of nice things in there

Okay, time for a conspiracy theory, Are you sure she hasn't already discovered, by whatever means, your little secret? Something see found or discovered and decided to break the ice? If she has then that's all the more special of her.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 10-25-2017 at 06:26 PM.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Subject to Helen's queries I would say tread carefully, don't go overboard and all should be fine.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've got be real honest Joann... this sounds made up.
    It just... I mean...
    I don't know.

What on earth possessed her to ask that question of you? What was being said that had her ask that question of her new husband? And then after pondering the question out loud to suggest the next day to try on makeup???

It sounds like something that should be prefaced with, "Dear Penthouse, I know this is going to sound like a crazy fantasy but I swear every word of it is true."
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

I have to agree with aboynamedsue.
    Jon

I'm sorry Sue and Joni but a long time ago when I was a lot younger with longer hair and no wrinkles I had a girlfriend who asked me the same question out of the blue and before I knew it I was transformed. I wish I had the polaroid pictures but it was a one time thing and when we parted ways I got the pictures and destroyed them. If only I knew back then what would become of me.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

There are women that enjoy this. Once I confessed to wearing panties, it was a very short time until my ex and I were shopping together and she was teaching me to do my makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by aBoyNamedSue View Post
    I've got be real honest Joann... this sounds made up.
    It just... I mean...
    I don't know.

What on earth possessed her to ask that question of you? What was being said that had her ask that question of her new husband? And then after pondering the question out loud to suggest the next day to try on makeup???

It sounds like something that should be prefaced with, "Dear Penthouse, I know this is going to sound like a crazy fantasy but I swear every word of it is true."
    You believe what you want to believe...I have no reason what so ever to make up a story...what happened , happened and we are both very happy with it

Joann, sounds great to me! Best wishes going forward! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Before we got married, I took that leap of faith and told her of my dressing...expecting her to bolt, but “much to my surprise”, she said, “so?”. We had many hours of talking, reading, more talking. I patiently waited for her “green light” to dress, which happened when, one day, she returned from shopping, saying “the makeup is for you, when would like to go shopping?” I asked her if she had a clue. She said, maybe a little. I asked.how? She noticed my interest in lingerie, especially when she wore hose, my watching her put makeup on, etc. I’m not sure she “enjoys” my dressing, but accepts my needs. Neither of us understands why I feel this compulsive behavior but realize the consequences of denial. It took time and patience, but believe it’s brou

I believe Joann's story. My circumstances are not the same, but there is similarity. My wife figured out my enthusiasm for dressing before I understood and embraced it. I guess I wasn't quite ready to admit to myself or to her that I enjoyed this lifestyle. She has always encouraged me to try things before I thought of trying them myself. The only thing I don't have help with is makeup, because she doesn't use it herself.

So I think it is entirely plausible that Joann's new wife did exactly what the story says. What a treasure!

Have you pulled out your wardrobe yet to show her what you already had?
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

In addition to all the tragedies and negative things in life, wonderful things do also occur.
    Like a lady

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allisa View Post
    I'm sorry Sue and Joni but a long time ago when I was a lot younger with longer hair and no wrinkles I had a girlfriend who asked me the same question out of the blue and before I knew it I was transformed.
    Same here.

Though this was before she knew I dressed.

Honestly, it's not a big deal.

I dunno, but it seems like some of these wives who have a huge problem with it -- even to the point of divorce -- really need to get with the program & start evolving or something.

Here's a fun thing to try:

Go to YouTube and search for something like "do my boyfriend's makeup"

Not only do GG's do this -- but they also film it *and* put it up on the internet for anyone & everyone to see. No issues, no embarrassment in the least.

My advice: Get with the times, ladies.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Whether the story is real or not, it's important to realize these things r possible because they have happened to others.

Of course, so is winning one of those $50 million lotteries. But, I won't waste my $$ buying tickets for them!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Miss JoAnn : Great story you have
    A wife who wants to share your
    Lifestyle with you enjoy.
    My wife had a hunch that I was sort of fem when we were dating
    I bought pantyhose panties bras &gowns for her&jeans all in male
    Mode so when I came out to her after purchasing us both matching
    Tried gowns&we modeled them for
    Each other.Yes wives& GF have some insight

Joann, I'm glad that your wife is helping out. I guess she had some hint of your likes. Did you leave your browser history exposed?
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    This story does ring true with me and sort of mirrors my experience. I started dressing as a young child and I quickly accepted what I was and knew that the need to wear ladies clothes would never leave me. I also thought that, as there were men who like to wear women's clothes, then it would not be impossible that there would be women who like men who wear women's clothes. I didn't think though that I would meet one. Then, a bit over 30 years ago I met the person I was to marry, and who I will spend the rest of my life with. I always had it mind that before I would commit to anyone, and just as importantly, before they could commit to me, I would tell them all about myself.

I actually think that this is the most important piece of advice I could pass on to anyone, have the courage to tell early and be prepared, before you are fully bound together to lose, as to lose at the beginning is much less of a loss than much, much later.

Anyway, we got together and things were going well. One day, she mentioned, out of nowhere, that one of the things about her previous boyfriend was that she'd asked him to put a dress on and he'd refused. I didn't make anything of the comment at the time and let it pass, but noted what she had said. Then, a little later, one morning, she said to me that she'd had a really vivid dream of me and I'd been wearing a skirt. I asked how I'd looked in the dream and she said, lovely. This I duly noted. Then, a short while later we went away on holiday together, our first holiday and the first time that we'd spent a full two weeks together. We got on famously and had a great time. We were clearly falling for each other.

On the last night of the holiday I knew that I had to put my own rule into effect. I would have to tell her that I liked to cross dress. Bearing in mind what she had already said I was reasonably confident, but until you present someone with the stark truth you can never know how they will react. So, at the end of the evening I plucked up the courage and told her that I had something to tell her and said "I'm a transvestite". "Is that it?" she said.

We talked late into the night about it and it was great for two reasons. Firstly, I had admitted to both myself and to another person my true self and secondly, while we were having this chat I was wearing some of her clothes which she had given me to keep. And since that day, I've dressed when I want and we've never had any secrets between us.

So yes, these things do happen, but they are fleetingly rare. I am just so very grateful that it happened to me as, like the OP, I feel truly blessed. As a brief aside, because this happened to me, I don't do the lottery as I feel that I have already won a prize far bigger than any lottery and to want more would be greedy.

missjoan, are you ever gonna confess that you were a CD all along? And let me know if she has any single friends that have the same inclination
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Congratulations! Sounds like a perfect start to a wonderful relationship. Oh, yes do keep us up to date! Brenda

Silver Member
    Is this a post of yours from the past?

missjoann49,

09-02-2013, 02:33 PM #16
    missjoann49's Avatar Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Before I started my transition, I had been wearing womans jeans for years, and I worked in the construction industry...nobody ever said a word to me...Since I have been undergoing my transition for me it is nothing but womans clothing"

I'm confused?

Mmmmm sorry but agree with a few people on here. I think this is wishful thinking.

Aspiring Member
    I believe your story. Why wouldn't I? Until I have a reason not to I will. Good for you, I would just say don't go too fast and scare her. Let her lead the way at least for a while. Sherrii