Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wearing Panties Under Male Clothes to Doctor Visit

Silver Member
    Rachel, hope all is well and those kinds of issues can be rather embarrassing to have treated so I'm glad you didn't let that crimp your style. and you kept your sense of humor...no panties to save time dressing. LOL

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by ChubbyLeahCD View Post
    Has anyone gone to the doctor in male clothes but with panties on and was asked to remove clothes or drop the pants before?
    I have always wanted to do so but I am always afraid. Afraid of the doctor seeing me as a freak and not taking me seriously. Afraid of the doctor noting on my chart and the confidential information following me wherever I go.
    Afraid of it going on my chart and one day somehow my wife finding out or my employer through the insurance company.

Can anyone share positive experiences doing so or can relate to these fears?
    I don't think the doctor will care and he/she will certainly not write it on your chart but are you saying your wife might find out about you wearing women's panties from the doctor? You are saying that you wear women's panties and your wife doesn't already know about it? Do you and your wife live in the same house? How do you get the panties on and off without her seeing them? How do you launder and store them?
    Krisi

I recently ended up in the hospital due to an accident and was going to have surgery the next morning. As I was admitted and laid in the bed, they advised I should put on a hospital gown...lovely garments they are. I was told I could leave my underwear on or off. While I was wearing my Vanity Fair full Illumination briefs in white. I simply pulled off the shorts and panties in one swoop and put on the gown. My wife was beside me and I don't think it made her happy. I was not too worried about the staff, just my wife. She took those home with her and that was the last of it.

A few days later when I was discharged, she needed to bring me clean clothes. I was hopeful that within that package there would be a pair of panties, albeit is somewhat plain ones. Na, regular boxer briefs (I have a few pairs still hanging around for emergencies etc) so kind of disappointing. I am sure for her she wanted no drama and may in fact thought I wanted the guy briefs to save me from embarrassment.

And yes, I am a chicken. For my followup, I wore a pair of tightie whiteys (yuck) as I knew I had to pull my pants down for a look see and xray. Just did not want the drama at that point, more concerned about my recovery, etc.

I think next time I will wear a pair of my Jockey NPLP hip briefs. Those are wonderful, yet somewhat plain. Black or white would seem to be somewhat nondescript. I know chicken.

The nurses and staff may giggle a bit. That will be the end of it. I promise you all doctor's see WAY WAY worse than that in a 1 hour span. My wife works for a Dermatologist, and the things they see.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I don't think the doctor will care and he/she will certainly not write it on your chart but are you saying your wife might find out about you wearing women's panties from the doctor? You are saying that you wear women's panties and your wife doesn't already know about it? Do you and your wife live in the same house? How do you get the panties on and off without her seeing them? How do you launder and store them?
    Yes I’m closeted.
    It takes a lot of skills to get that done without her catching me. Nerve wrecking.
    xoxo,

Leah

"Man, I feel like a Woman!"

No big deal...
    Just wear them and be done with it.I doubt the doctor will even notice. Once I had on pantyhose,not thinking ahead obviously, the nurse just had me remove them.after stepping out. On her return not a word . Come to think of it I don’t think I have any “male” panties .

A couple of years ago I had an office visit for a bad breakout of dermatitis on my arms. After the exam The doctor prescribed a steroid shot to clear it up. I had to drop trou to get it. I had on a pair of bright red panties. The only thing that happened was I got a smile out of the nurse and I was a little embarrassed. So now I wear white panties when I go to the doctor.

Had surgery last year, on my chest but as I was getting back to my room from recovery the nurse said she had to check my butt, I didn't think anything of it at the time, but soon came to relize that she just wanted to check out a tattoo I had on my butt. No big deal.

Platinum Member
    Hi Leah, I wear a light panty girdle at the DR. office and the Hospital with no problems.>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'm not big on underdressing, but I always have shaved legs. No one at Dr office has ever commented on it. I would say that if you do wear panties it will be talked about but not documented. No reason to. I'm an ex ER nurse and have seen it all. Of course I am sensitive to the issue

Many times....with panties, shaved legs and underarms. Never had to remove socks to observe my french pedicure toes.

Jennifer

You are being way too worried about such a small and inconsequential thing. I always wear feminine underwear and I never worry about such issues. Earlier this year I had an annual check up with a dermatologist. The usual routine is I take off my shirt exposing my depilated upper body in the process and he scans my body with a special light looking for any signs of skin cancer. His nurse/assistant is always with him taking notes. This year he also asked to see my legs so I had to lower my jeans to expose them and of course I was wearing a very nice pair of pink panties. They were not see-through however. He scanned my legs without showing any sign of interest in what I was wearing and neither did his nurse. He left and I had a brief conversation with the nurse about skin care etc. and it was all very professional. No medical person would take notes on what you wear and they never would include such information on an insurance claim. Why would they. It is irrelevant and would confuse the reimbursement process. Your interaction with your doctor is private and nothing should be disclosed to your employer and of course no information is shared with anyone else including your spouse.

So stop worrying about such issues. The fears are completely unwarranted. All the doc is interested in is treating whatever medical problems you have. Your choice of underwear is not a medical problem.

Yes, many times. I usually wear plain black microfiber panties. There has never been the slightest comment.

Worst experience was a nurse asked where I bought my panties and the brand. Next visit she was wearing same color boyshorts.
    Medical people have seen more than most could comprehend.

Just this past Thursday, I had a routine checkup with a cardiologist, new to me, whom I'd never met before. I never had to expose my underwear during the exam, but did have to take off my shoes and socks so she could do an EKG and check for swelling in my feet and ankles. My deep purple toenails and floral foot tattoos were on full display the whole time. No reaction or comment at all from the doctor except praise for my skinny, fluid-free ankles.

- Diane

Silver Member
    Maybe the OP has recently watched the Seinfeld episode where the doctor makes a note in her chart about Elaine being difficult, pretty funny but not real.

I wear my bras, breast forms and either panties or a thong all the time whether its dressing enfemme, casual male clothing or my work uniform and I'm quite comfortable doing so, I've been to my primary care Dr.for several appointments under-dressed and we've had several conversations about my dressing, no issues no problems, my feeling is that my dressing is part of my lifestyle and it's part of my well being so I'm happy to talk about it. His assistant has seen me in my bra, again no problems. I've also been to the ER, to my dermatologist, my shoulder surgeons, my urologist, my waxing appointments and my massage appointment all without any negative reactions or comments, most of them have had no reactions but other have asked questions about my choices and I'm happy to answer them honestly and openly.

Banned Read only
    Just a point of information. If you have any worry about whether the doctor/nurse made an notations in your medical records concerning wearing women's undergarments or more (maybe totally en femme in a traffic accident) ask for a copy of the medical record/chart. In Washington State there is a requirement for a medical provider to retain a chart for at least ten years after ceasing to render care. Within the last several years a medical provider I saw back in 1991 had discarded my medical records and found out the hospital I had been admitted to had also discarded the records due to age and inactivity. I would recommend getting copies of your records in a timely manner. Now I routinely get my records.

There may be some administrative records from a hospital admission which may not be with the chart. If you arrive via ambulance and your clothing is removed most of the time there is an inventory made.

The only time I felt embarrassment was as a teenager applying for a job with United Parcel Service. It required a physical. Unfortunately, I had worn one of my mother's pull on girdles which was very very snug on me and it left seam marks embedded in my butt. I tried massaging my skin like crazy trying to remove them, but, I did not know if they were still visible during the exam. You may want to keep this in mind if you're bashful and headed for a physical. There will be tell tale signs if you wear a snug girdle or bra before the exam.

Bra straps also leave marks on the skin for a few hours after you took it off. Another thing to consider before going to the doctor, if you wear a bra. It looks quite obvious.

This was the first year I have ever worn panties to the doctor for my yearly physical. Normally the doctor can run tests on my blood and the levels are low enough he never asks me to pull down my pants to check my prostate. Well this year he actually wanted to check so I just dropped both my pants and panties at the same time. Not sure if he noticed.

I know it is my wife's biggest fear that I will get into an accident and people will see my panties, I am at the point in my life I don't care what the doctors/nurses might think.

Quote Originally Posted by Karmen View Post
    Bra straps also leave marks on the skin for a few hours after you took it off. Another thing to consider before going to the doctor, if you wear a bra. It looks quite obvious.
    Now that is interesting. If I feel courageous enough, I may do that. Wear it at home and then go without and see if she asks about it. :-)
    xoxo,

Leah

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Long long time since I last under dressed. But yes, I had a medical once whilst I was still in the Navy. I had a full panty girdle an bra set on under my shirt. I was fully expecting to get examined and outed. At that time I was sure I was trans. The Female doctor just asked me lots of questions and never examined me. LoL, one of life's possible step change moments, that simply never happened.

All the time including a few visits to the ER. Nothing to be worried about.

I've got a doctor's appointment in 2-3 weeks. I think I'm totally going to do this!
    Letting the girl in me out.
    More pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/165304654@N04/albums

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieCLT View Post
    I've got a doctor's appointment in 2-3 weeks. I think I'm totally going to do this!
    Let me know how it goes girl!
    xoxo,

Leah