Thread: Sunday trip and gg interations

Sunday trip and gg interations

This past Sunday I was wearing my yellow jacket dress, heels and full makeup (including a new wig). I went out to a Party Store cause I was trying to finish my flapper look. I asked for directions to the items I needed twice (once from female and once from male clerks). I was able to find all the items I needed and went to check out. While moving around the store I smiled at and was smiled at by a woman customer and she was ahead of me in check out. Anyway, she was having some item price checked and I was moved ahead of her in the line. At that point I threw caution ot the wind, paid my bill and asked the clerk and customer to evaluation my 'dress as your boss' contest look, saying my boss was an older woman who dresses conservatively. The both said I nailed it. As I was leaving, the customer said to the clerk "I would not have known that was a man." Nice confirmation on my dress and presentation.

Thanks for reading. Sorry it was so long.
    joank
    Southern California

Awesome! Sounds like you passed, with flying colors! Please share a pic with the rest of us.

Question - what is the flapper look? Sorry, I don't know that look.

Sounds like you had a very positive experience!

Flapper girls were the 1920s version of party girls Bella

Way to go, Joan! I bet you giggled all the way back to the car.

Bella, here you go - this is a scene from Gatsby showing flappers in the Roaring 20's.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JgwvvH3CzXc

Bella, I would post but I'm so tech challenged it is not funny. I'm amazed to be on a computer at all.
    joank
    Southern California