Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joined the flying pretty club

Kara what a great read and thanks for sharing. You always look FAB,

Jamie
    At the makeup counter

Congratulations!!! That is huge! Once you get past that initial fear (I remember thinking at the outset when I did it for the first time (I've done it twice now - the first time I documented here), I was thinking "What the heck are you doing???"), it's awesome. It sounds like once you got to the point of relaxing, you really enjoyed it. I was very much the same way. Congrats again!

Oh, and you looked great and perfectly "normal."
    Letting the girl in me out.
    More pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/165304654@N04/albums

You look so natural! I hope to be able to do that some day but that day is far far far away.

Aspiring Member
    You look great. It is obvious why you were treated like an ordinary woman with precheck.

I was considering flying pretty until I was sexually assaulted twice this year by TSA agents while in male mode. I learned the hard way that these guys have the complaint / investigation process locked down tight and can sexually assault male passengers almost with impunity. (From the large number of complaints posted on the Internet, they clearly have been busy.) I have not flown at all since, pretty or otherwise, and my livelihood is beginning to suffer. It is time to get back in the saddle...

Who would have thunk it that I am safer from sexual assault by TSA goons en femme than I am in drab?

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Stevens View Post
    Way to go Kara! I should have joined this club two years ago, but I had way too much luggage, car rental shuttle bus and a strange airport fighting me. This February I will join the ranks of pretty fliers. I have the tickets in hand and I leave from the airport I know best. I’m ready and glad you had a great experience!
    I felt the same way and had made a few practice runs. When the right time presented myself I just did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylyn View Post
    Kara now that the first one is over and you are breathing a sigh of relief, will you be flying Pretty from now on. By the way you do look very nice.
    I wish I could. I don't think my beard growth would cooperate on those coast to coast flights but I flew home from BWI the same way. It was even better this time knowing what to expect.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzysherry View Post
    This is a great club to be a part of. I find that flying any other way is a frustration and disappointment. 14 flights and counting this year so far. Just deciding if my next flight, international into JFK should be dressed - any advice?
    14 times I should be asking you for advice. If I was to give any to someone doing it the first time it would be to plan and think it through. When you get on the other side of security there is no place to hide. That's what got me the first time. The second time was perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieCLT View Post
    Congratulations!!! That is huge! Once you get past that initial fear (I remember thinking at the outset when I did it for the first time (I've done it twice now - the first time I documented here), I was thinking "What the heck are you doing???"), it's awesome. It sounds like once you got to the point of relaxing, you really enjoyed it. I was very much the same way. Congrats again!
    I think it was your thread that pushed me out the door! it was a great story and it really helped me have an amazing experience.

Thanks to all of you for the great comments! If you have any desire to travel pretty just make a plan and do it! You won't regret it.
    Last edited by Kara in CT; 11-01-2017 at 08:01 AM.